• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions Simple Answers (XY Edition)

I know it doesnt make sense, but the thing that doesnt make sense to me is making me pay 5 dollars just to transfer my pokemon from gen v to gen vi... isnt that a little bit rude?? making you pay just to transfer your pokemon?
There is a free trial available until 14 March which gives you full access to Pokémon Bank for 30 days so if you won't need Pokémon Bank after you have transferred all the Pokémon want to transfer you would have transferred them for free.

Okay, so, I recently re-started my X game.
And I go onto the Pokemon Global Link, and it still has my old game's trainer (Cameron)'s stuff on there. Does anything happen if I use Global Link on my new game? Does it over-write "Cameron" and the data from that game? I hope this question makes sense, since I'm really curious about it. :)
And also it's because I have 1,916 PokeMiles on there and I don't wanna loose them all, lol. xD.

You can't input a new game without deleting your old one if it's from the same game. In other words, you have to delete "Cameron" and the corresponding data from the old game before inputting your new data.

In short, it's bye-bye 1,916 PokeMiles :(
Aughhhhhhhhhhh. D: Well sweet Arceus, that saddens me. :c Alright, thank you Dark Chocolate! I guess I won't get to spend those Mileages now...'.' So I should just remove the "Game Card" from the account it's on?

Not sure what you mean by Game Card, but I had to do the same thing when I restarted my Y version a few weeks ago. I had already registered my first play-data on Global Link, but when I tried registering a new one after I reset the game, the Global Link wouldn't let me and said I had to delete my old play-data first before inputting a new one.
Ah, alright. :) Thank you, once again! ;D

I know it doesnt make sense, but the thing that doesnt make sense to me is making me pay 5 dollars just to transfer my pokemon from gen v to gen vi... isnt that a little bit rude?? making you pay just to transfer your pokemon?
There is a free trial available until 14 March which gives you full access to Pokémon Bank for 30 days so if you won't need Pokémon Bank after you have transferred all the Pokémon want to transfer you would have transferred them for free.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME??????????????? show me ANY other company, business, game, person, corporation ANYTHING anywhere who will do this favor for you & then charge almost NOTHING. I cant believe ..... I have to go before I get banned from here. THink about what you said and how just plain terrible it is to even question their generosity for offering us this bank, which they dindt have to do in the first place.
Find me ANY other service, I don't care if its some place that gives out pieces of lint from inside clothes dryers that will charge this little!!

Thanks for the help. I cant belive this is not working. I even checked to make sure I did not have the celebi and just not realize it. Celebi doesn't even show in my pc but besides that, its not there. Soo... I went thru each step part by part more than twice.
I kept repeating not because I'm a stubborn donkey, but because there were a few variables like if I had BP to collect.... UGH. I hate to call customer service, because I know they're probably inundated 24/7 with little idiot kids asking why they cant get stuff free & how its so unfair that they cant have everything they ever want given to them on demand... (just check any Pokemon related message board or site to see what I mean)

I wonder if I put my copy of X in if I can get it with that. But even if so, that would be one just for that game...? I dunno what the rules are though.

Last edited by a moderator:

I don't believe it!! After days & days of no luck with my (digital) copy of Y I remembered that I have a hard copy game of X - put that in got my Celebi in under a minute.
What is the deal? I wonder if anyone else had problems with games downloaded directly to their DSs?
One Celebi is distributed for each new PokeBank account - since you only have one PokeBank account, you can only receive one Celebi. If you received your Celebi on your X Version, you cannot redeem the offer a second time for your Y Version.

That's why it isn't working.

I don't believe it!! After days & days of no luck with my (digital) copy of Y I remembered that I have a hard copy game of X - put that in got my Celebi in under a minute.
What is the deal? I wonder if anyone else had problems with games downloaded directly to their DSs?
One Celebi is distributed for each new PokeBank account - since you only have one PokeBank account, you can only receive one Celebi. If you received your Celebi on your X Version, you cannot redeem the offer a second time for your Y Version.

That's why it isn't working.

I think you might have misread what they said. They had been trying to do it on Y, and it wouldn't work. After that, they tried it with their X version and it worked just fine.

Anyway, I haven't heard about any digital copy problems (I only own physical copies myself, so I can't try it out), but it might be possible that there are connectivity issues there.

Okay so I've been trying to run into someone online to complete my friend safari. I was on all morning from 7:30 to now and yes I did establish internet connection in my X cartridge. But when I went to check on my friend cards I found the guy on 3 hours ago which would place him online at 8:30 but somehow my system didn't register him as online at the same time as me. Can someone explain to me how this happened?

Okay so I've been trying to run into someone online to complete my friend safari. I was on all morning from 7:30 to now and yes I did establish internet connection in my X cartridge. But when I went to check on my friend cards I found the guy on 3 hours ago which would place him online at 8:30 but somehow my system didn't register him as online at the same time as me. Can someone explain to me how this happened?
I think the other person would also have to log on to PSS at the same time as you to "see each other online" in terms of the Friend Safari.

There is one in Diamond, yes. I've also tried trading another darkurai originally from diamond, and that went fine. This one is imoprtant though, because it has 31 IV in spec. atk and speed.

EDIT: Ok, I have read about the problem. People have been able to upload some hacked Pokemon and failed to upload some legit ones. It seemed random to me, but I hope it will be fixed. If Nintendo don't want those hacked Pokemon up (I have a feeling I've met some hacks in a battle not long ago) then they'll probably fix for the legit Pokemon too.

Now I know why my Pokemon did not go through. As said before:

The Darkrai is probably being flagged because they never released the Member's Card for Diamond and Pearl.

The Diamond version is not accepted by bank (i.e. game freak made a mistake by putting it there in the first place and cannot correct their mistake but release an unfinished game). There is a way to go around this, though it is too late for me in this case. My hint to anyone with this problem is that Darkurai needs to be at least lv.50, but not in BW. I hope this helps anyone.

All of the Legendaries (oh no i wrote another book)

Hi. I couldnt even BEGIN to know where to post this one!! So I am really sorry if this is not in a fitting place. Here's what I want to know.

I've gotten my dex up to just below 700. Am using Y to store them all. I've been searching the web & asking around but haven't really found anyplace where I can find a list of all of the legendaries & what game they are in. Or a list of games & what their legendaries are. (all in one place)

I do have a copy of the full dex, and I've used the tools on some fan sites but really what i'm looking for is something that would say for example:
1. Rayquaza - is found in so & so game when you do so & so
2. Reshiram - is the mascot of so & so game

And like that, enough to cover every legendary just to kind of have an idea where to go. I don't want to keep trading all of my Pokemon to get others. Would like to keep some of em. Which brings me to another question but maybe this should be separate??

I would want to go back & maybe even replay some games to get duplicate legendaries to use for trade to get the ones I don't have.

Part of this question entails this: I have Pokemon Dream Radar. I have gotten a few things on it: Thunderus, Tornadus, whatever plus Giratina. I am *sure* there'es got to be some way to restart that thing & just play the whole thing again, obtaining duplicates. But how??? Here's the kicker: I reinstalled it after removing it from my 3DS. So what happened? I . don't. know. I totally cannot remember. So that doesn't answr that!

Phew this was long but nothing compared to some of my questions in FB groups about Pokemon or probably on other threads here.

Edited: I have 696 in Y. And yes, I am using the bank also. Both kind of. I am missing these:
Regirock
Latias
Jirachi
Deoxys (had one...cant find the game. It came on a used game I got once)
Lugia
Ho Oh
Celebi (I have to move it from X to Y. Had issues with an SD card I think & I couldn't get it)
Entei (seen it though)
Mew and not sure what else

Last edited:
Re: All of the Legendaries (oh no i wrote another book)

Hi. I couldnt even BEGIN to know where to post this one!! So I am really sorry if this is not in a fitting place. Here's what I want to know.

I've gotten my dex up to just below 700. Am using Y to store them all. I've been searching the web & asking around but haven't really found anyplace where I can find a list of all of the legendaries & what game they are in. Or a list of games & what their legendaries are. (all in one place)

I do have a copy of the full dex, and I've used the tools on some fan sites but really what i'm looking for is something that would say for example:

And like that, enough to cover every legendary just to kind of have an idea where to go. I don't want to keep trading all of my Pokemon to get others. Would like to keep some of em. Which brings me to another question but maybe this should be separate??

I would want to go back & maybe even replay some games to get duplicate legendaries to use for trade to get the ones I don't have.

Part of this question entails this: I have Pokemon Dream Radar. I have gotten a few things on it: Thunderus, Tornadus, whatever plus Giratina. I am *sure* there'es got to be some way to restart that thing & just play the whole thing again, obtaining duplicates. But how??? Here's the kicker: I reinstalled it after removing it from my 3DS. So what happened? I . don't. know. I totally cannot remember. So that doesn't answr that!

Phew this was long but nothing compared to some of my questions in FB groups about Pokemon or probably on other threads here.

Edited: I have 696 in Y. And yes, I am using the bank also. Both kind of. I am missing these:
Regirock
Latias
Jirachi
Lugia
Ho Oh
Celebi (I have to move it from X to Y. Had issues with an SD card I think & I couldn't get it)
Entei (seen it though)

Okaaaay... this info wasn't hard to get from Bulbapedia and memory, but here it is.

Regirock
Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald: Visit the underwater Sealed Chamber on Route 134 and use the move Dig at the rear of the room. You'll need to have a Relicanth at the front of your party and a Wailord in the last spot. This will unlock three ruins around Hoenn, including the Desert Ruins where you can find Regirock (though you will need a Pokemon with Strength to access it.)
Pokemon Black 2 and White 2: An area in the Clay Tunnel. From Bulbapedia: Regirock can be found in the Rock Peak Chamber , which is opened when the player presses the A-button after walking 6 steps down and then 9 steps right, from the center of the panel just before the great door.

Latias
Pokemon Sapphire: Latias can be found roaming Hoenn after defeating the Elite Four and watching a TV report about it. You might want to save a Master Ball for it, as it moves around a lot and can be difficult to track down. When you and Latias are on the same route, you can find it as a random encounter.
Pokemon Emerald: Same, but you get a choice as to whether you see the red one (Latias) or the blue one (Latios). If you choose the blue one, you can only get Latias through a special event.
Pokemon HeartGold: Retrieve Copycat's doll from the Pokemon Fan Club in Vermillion City and it will roam Kanto in the same way as it did Hoenn in Sapphire and Emerald.
Pokemon White2: Go to the Dreamyard. After you chase it around a bit, you'll get a chance to capture it.

Jirachi
Can only be downloaded through certain spinoff games (A Pokemon Colusseum bonus preorder disc or Pokemon Channel in Europe/Australia.) Other than that, hope a download event happens for this one again.

Deoxys
Event only.

Lugia
Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver: You'll get it during the storyline in SoulSilver. In HeartGold, go to the bottom of the Whirl Islands after obtaining the Silver Wing in Pewter City.
Pokemon Dream Radar: Play with a copy of Pokemon SoulSilver in the card slot.
You can get one in Pokemon XD as well and transfer it through Gen 3 games, then to 4, 5 and finally through Pokemon Bank/Transporter to X and Y. I don't know much about that, though.

Ho-Oh
Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver: Obtained in the storyline in HeartGold. In SoulSilver, go to the Bell Tower in Ecruteak City after you get the Rainbow Wing in Pewter City.
Pokemon Dream Radar: Play with HeartGold in the card slot.
Also in Pokemon Colosseum, apparently?

Celebi
Event only. If you couldn't get one via Pokemon Bank then I don't know what to tell you.

Entei
Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver: After you meet it in the Burned Tower, it roams Johto in a similar manner to Latias in Hoenn and Kanto. You can use your map to track it.
Also, Pokemon Colosseum?
EDITED: If your starter was Bulbasaur, you can also find it roaming Kanto in FireRed and LeafGreen after defeating Team Rocket in the Sevii Islands.

Mew
Special event only, unless you have My Pokemon Ranch and 999 Pokemon to put in it.

That's the ones on your list, anyway.

Last edited:

How do you do an online full battle?

Re: All of the Legendaries (oh no i wrote another book)

Regirock
Latias
Jirachi
Lugia
Ho Oh
Entei (seen it though)

Okaaaay... this info wasn't hard to get from Bulbapedia and memory, but here it is.

Regirock
Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald: Visit the underwater Sealed Chamber on Route 134 and use the move Dig at the rear of the room. You'll need to have a Relicanth at the front of your party and a Wailord in the last spot. This will unlock three ruins around Hoenn, including the Desert Ruins where you can find Regirock (though you will need a Pokemon with Strength to access it.)
Pokemon Black 2 and White 2: An area in the Clay Tunnel. From Bulbapedia: Regirock can be found in the Rock Peak Chamber, which is opened when the player presses the A-button after walking 6 steps down and then 9 steps right, from the center of the panel just before the great door.

For Emerald, Wailord needs to be at the front, and Relicanth in the last slot. You can also get Regirock in Platinum if you bring a Event Regigigas to the Rock Peak Ruins on Route 228. You need to step on the 7-dot pattern on the floor and walk up to the statue for it to battle you.

Jirachi
Can only be downloaded through certain spinoff games (A Pokemon Colosseum bonus pre-order disc or Pokemon Channel in Europe/Australia.) Other than that, hope a download event happens for this one again.

In order to download the Pre-Order Disc (Wishmaker) Jirachi, you'll need a copy of either Ruby or Sapphire (won't work with Emerald/FireRed/LeafGreen) that hasn't already downloaded the event in that save file, as well as a GameCube to Gameboy Advance link cable. Virtually the same for Pokemon Channel, but you need to have first unlocked the full version of "Pichu Bros. in Party Panic" episode.

Lugia
Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver: You'll get it during the storyline in SoulSilver. In HeartGold, go to the bottom of the Whirl Islands after obtaining the Silver Wing in Pewter City.
Pokemon Dream Radar: Play with a copy of Pokemon SoulSilver in the card slot.
You can get one in Pokemon XD as well and transfer it through Gen 3 games, then to 4, 5 and finally through Pokemon Bank/Transporter to X and Y. I don't know much about that, though.

You need to have beaten Gale of Darkness before you gain access to trading with Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald/FireRed/LeafGreen. As well as needing a GameCube to Gameboy Advance link cable.

Ho-Oh
Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver: Obtained in the storyline in HeartGold. In SoulSilver, go to the Bell Tower in Ecruteak City after you get the Rainbow Wing in Pewter City.
Pokemon Dream Radar: Play with HeartGold in the card slot.
Also in Pokemon Colosseum, apparently?

Ho-Oh can be acquired at Mt. Battle by defeating all 100 Trainers in Battle Mode (either Single or Double Battle) with their Story Mode party after purifying all 48 Shadow Pokémon in Story Mode. Ho-Oh will then be placed in an open spot in the PC's Pokémon Storage.

Celebi
Event only. If you couldn't get one via Pokemon Bank then I don't know what to tell you.

The Japanese Colosseum Bonus Disc (Ageto) Celebi could be sent to Pokémon Colosseum (but only after having purified all 48 Shadow Pokemon in Colosseum), after that, an additional 48 could be sent to the main series games.

There is currently an "event" going on where if you download Pokemon Bank to your 3DS and use it a few times anytime between December 25, 2013 to September 30, 2014 the Celebi can be downloaded to your copy of X/Y over the Pokémon Link option. You get 1 Celebi per Pokemon Bank "account", not X/Y game.

Entei
Also, Pokemon Colosseum?

You need to have beaten Gale of Darkness before you gain access to trading with Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald/FireRed/LeafGreen. As well as needing a GameCube to Gameboy Advance link cable.

Can the 3ds be used for the Gen 4-> Gen 5 poketransfer?

Can I soft reset to get a different TM from the lady in Coumarine City? Not as in getting 2 in the same day. I mean, say I save in front of her and then talk to her. If she gives me a TM I don't want, can I soft reset and get a different one?

"The Internal Battery has run dry. The game can be played, but time based events will no longer accure."
My Pokemon Emerald game says this message when I start it up. I know what it means (Berries won't grow, tide in Shoal Cave won't change, ect.), but how do I fix it? I'm using a solid copy, so it's not an emulator.

Also, can the Mystic Ticket be "copied" by Mixing Records, like the Eon Ticket?

One more thing, on another Pokemon Emerald I got, the player used cheats on it, and from what I know, he cheated to get (probably) 999x of most Pokeballs (excuding the Great Ball for some reason... He only has 3.), and 999x of all TMs, although he only has one of every HM, like normal. I suspect he also cheated to get the Mystic Ticket, but I'm not sure. The items that are 999x or whatever show up as something like x?9. I'm usually a person that knows sort of what cheats (at least via Action Replay) don't really effect the save data badly to much, or not at all, but I never cheated on a Gen III game before, so I don't know. He also has cheated or hacked Pokemon on the game, but all of them are traded from a different game, ya know?

So yeah. :p

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom