• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions Simple Answers (XY Edition)

Has Destiny Knot stopped working in gen vi???? I keep breeding my 6iv eevee with a Destiny Knot but the children all have 3-4 ivs

The destiny knot will choose 5 stats from EITHER parent. So if you're only getting 3-4 IV children, then it keeps choosing only 3 or 4 stats from the 6IV Eevee. Try breeding the children with your 6IV Eevee to yield better results.

All my friends are gone from PSS? I go online and no one shows up, offline or online?

All my friends are gone from PSS? I go online and no one shows up, offline or online?

This happens when you play your game in another 3DS/2DS.

Dom

Can I fix it? and that is dumb so I lost all my pal parks because my 3ds was out of batteries and I used my spare?

The friends will show up again as they come online while you are online - your pal parks are fine. Or should be.

This happens when you play your game in another 3DS/2DS.

Dom
Can I fix it? and that is dumb so I lost all my pal parks because my 3ds was out of batteries and I used my spare?
Your friends dont get deleted since you add them via the 3DS friends list. They should show up again dont worry. You wont lose your Friend Safaris.

Thanks, both of you. I have a few more, if you please.

I was told that legendaries cannot be used in the battle whatever at the end. Is that true?

2. My freind and i were arguing, what is the best gen 3 pokemon.

3. What is the difference between latios and latias?

4. Is it worth my time to catch the three legendaries that are a pain in the butt to get? (Supposedly)

1. If you mean in the E4 and Champion battles, you are allowed to use legendaries. You're allowed to use them in every part of the single player game, except for the Battle Tower/Battle Frontier.

2. That is a matter of personal opinion. However, stat-wise, it's probably a Legendary. Not sure which.

3. Latias is female and usually considered the younger sister of Latios. She is exclusive to Pokemon Sapphire, while Latios is exclusive to Ruby. In Emerald, you are given the choice of which one to pursue. In Gen 4, Latios can be found roaming Kanto in Soul Silver, while Latias can be found the same way in Heart Gold. During Gen 5, Latias can be located in the Dreamyard in White 2, with Latios being there in Black 2.

4. This is also a matter of personal opinion. If the three you refer to are the Golems,(Regirock, Regice, and Registeel) they aren't too difficult to get, but they're more of a challenge to find than most others, barring the roaming legendaries. The way to find them differs between Ruby/Sapphire and Emerald, but both methods can be found through a quick Google search. Many people have posted useful walkthroughs for it, and Serebii[dot]net has one as well. It requires the ownership of a Wailord and a Relicanth.

What happens to your global link stuff on a new game?

So I was battling a Youngster with a Scolipede. I had my Pidgeot use Fly, and then Scolipede used Toxic...and Pidgeot still got hit by it. Is this a glitch, or am I missing something? I could understand if Scolipede had an ability like No Guard, but that's not the case. Shouldn't you be able to evade Toxic with Fly? I distinctly remember being able to do it in B/W, so did they change it in Gen VI?

So I was battling a Youngster with a Scolipede. I had my Pidgeot use Fly, and then Scolipede used Toxic...and Pidgeot still got hit by it. Is this a glitch, or am I missing something? I could understand if Scolipede had an ability like No Guard, but that's not the case. Shouldn't you be able to evade Toxic with Fly? I distinctly remember being able to do it in B/W, so did they change it in Gen VI?
Yeah Toxic has been updated to never miss when used by Poison-type Pokemon.

Toxic (move) - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia
Toxic will never miss if used by a Poison-type Pokémon, even during the semi-invulnerable turn of moves such as Fly and Dig.

I read on Bulbapedia that Blissey has the highest possible base stat, because of the base stats being stored as bytes, and 255 (Blissey's HP base stat), is all 1s, so it's the highest it could possibly go or whatever.

With Pokemon being around a long time, and there being new and more powerful techloagey and game systems, is this still true? I mean, even with how powerful and stuff the 3DS is, is 255 really still the limit?

With Pokemon being around a long time, and there being new and more powerful techloagey and game systems, is this still true? I mean, even with how powerful and stuff the 3DS is, is 255 really still the limit?
Not technically (the game carts have more than enough space that the internal species database could easily store all base stats as two-byte values), but as a matter of convention and tradition, I would say yes. There are fewer than 10% of all Pokemon species with any base stat over 150, and less than 1% with any stat above 200. And HP is the only base stat with any species rating 250 or higher (highest Defense and Sp.Def occur out at 230). And where Defense/Sp.Def especially are concerned, the extra space doesn't make much practical difference at all (230 and 250 are within 10% of each other).

HP: Just two species over 200 (Chansey/Blissey); seven over 150
Attack: None over 200 (highest is Mega Mewtwo X at 190); twenty species over 150
Defense: Just four species over 200 (Shuckle, Mega Aggron, Regirock, Steelix); fourteen species over 150
Sp.Atk: None over 200 (highest is Mega Mewtwo Y at 194); fourteen species over 150
Sp.Def: Just two species over 200 (Shuckle and Regice); eleven species over 150
Speed: None over 200 (highest is Speed Deoxys at 180); four species over 150

Don't know if this question has been asked or answered before but, can anyone explain the beginning of the game when you wake up holding a Pikachu 3DS? Is this only true when you play as a female?

Both me and my sister had it happen to us when we played as girls, but not as boys. Also, in Playthroughs and Walkthroughs, I've never seen anyone who played as a male start the game holding the 3DS. So is it only girls? And if so, any ideas why?

I'm just curious, personally.

Yeah Toxic has been updated to never miss when used by Poison-type Pokemon.

Toxic (move) - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia
Toxic will never miss if used by a Poison-type Pokémon, even during the semi-invulnerable turn of moves such as Fly and Dig.
Would it work during a move like Protect, or Spiky Shield?

Protection moves will work as normal. It just can't be evaded.

Uhhhhh, are the graphs on the Super Training screen approximate? 'cause I just used a Reset Bag each on my Fletchling and Tyrunt, and they both have Pokerus, and I started fighting some Scraggy hordes with Exp. Share on to get their Attack up, and when I look at the graph for their EVs on the Super Training screen, their bars for Attack are different. Like, significantly different.

So...yeah, what's up? If they both got Reset, both have Pokerus and both get experience thanks to Experience Share, shouldn't they have identical EVs?

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom