• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions Simple Answers (XY Edition)

Uhhhhh, are the graphs on the Super Training screen approximate? 'cause I just used a Reset Bag each on my Fletchling and Tyrunt, and they both have Pokerus, and I started fighting some Scraggy hordes with Exp. Share on to get their Attack up, and when I look at the graph for their EVs on the Super Training screen, their bars for Attack are different. Like, significantly different.

So...yeah, what's up? If they both got Reset, both have Pokerus and both get experience thanks to Experience Share, shouldn't they have identical EVs?

I don't believe so. Every Pokemon is different, so they are going to have different EV spreads I believe. Even if you reset their stats and trained them at the same time. I'm currently doing the same myself with some Pokemon and they have different EV spreads.

Uhhhhh, are the graphs on the Super Training screen approximate? 'cause I just used a Reset Bag each on my Fletchling and Tyrunt, and they both have Pokerus, and I started fighting some Scraggy hordes with Exp. Share on to get their Attack up, and when I look at the graph for their EVs on the Super Training screen, their bars for Attack are different. Like, significantly different.

So...yeah, what's up? If they both got Reset, both have Pokerus and both get experience thanks to Experience Share, shouldn't they have identical EVs?

I don't believe so. Every Pokemon is different, so they are going to have different EV spreads I believe. Even if you reset their stats and trained them at the same time. I'm currently doing the same myself with some Pokemon and they have different EV spreads.

EV spreads affect what you GET when you defeat the Pokemon in battle, it doesn't affect what that Pokemon gets.

EV spreads affect what you GET when you defeat the Pokemon in battle, it doesn't affect what that Pokemon gets.

Well, I'm not exactly knowledgeable in the area of EVs. But again, every Pokemon is different, so maybe the EVs they get are different in some way? I'm not sure how to explain it, so maybe someone else a bit more knowledgable on the subject can help.

If you're not knowledgeable on EVs, why are you answering a question about them? I'm quite sure the thing you're suggesting isn't the issue; that's not how EVs work. Different Pokemon don't GAIN different amounts of EVs based on their species.

Is it just the yellow part of the graph or is it the green part and the yellow combined that make the difference? The yellow part shows how much EVs the Pokémon has obtained, while the green part represents other aspects of the Pokémon's stats (base stats and IVs). Tyrunt naturally has a much higher base Attack than Fletchling (89 compared to 50), which maybe be causing the discrepancy you have noticed.

Is it just the yellow part of the graph or is it the green part and the yellow combined that make the difference? The yellow part shows how much EVs the Pokémon has obtained, while the green part represents other aspects of the Pokémon's stats (base stats and IVs). Tyrunt naturally has a much higher base Attack than Fletchling (89 compared to 50), which maybe be causing the discrepancy you have noticed.

That may be influenced by the middle of the chart (The part with a darker color). That part is adjusted to display an approximation of the Pokémon's base stats and/or IVs (Haven't tested that thoroughly yet), and it varies for each Pokémon. As Tyrunt has a much higher Attack base than Fletchling (89 VS Fletchling's 50), that is likely the reason why the graphs look so different.

As far as I've been able to tell the green (species) and yellow (EV) portions of the Super Training graph are not plotted on the same scale as each other (e.g. 8 EVs = 1 base point for the species*, but 252 EVs is shown as a much larger value than the 31 base points it is actually equivalent to) and it does not reflect an individual Pokemon's Nature or IVs.

(* - At Lv.100, 4 EVs equals +1 stat and 1 base point = +2 stat; if you compare them against each other (not against the final value of the stat) the ratio is indeed 8:1)

Last edited:

The whole thing is off, green (thought it was blue, lol) AND yellow.

Good to know, though. Thanks.

As far as I've been able to tell the green (species) and yellow (EV) portions of the Super Training graph are not plotted on the same scale as each other (e.g. 8 EVs = 1 base point for the species*, but 252 EVs is shown as a much larger value than the 31 base points it is actually equivalent to) and it does not reflect an individual Pokemon's Nature or IVs.

(* - At Lv.100, 4 EVs equals +1 stat and 1 base point = +2 stat; if you compare them against each other (not against the final value of the stat) the ratio is indeed 8:1)

I guess all that probably factors in to the discrepency. Thanks.

Don't know if this question has been asked or answered before but, can anyone explain the beginning of the game when you wake up holding a Pikachu 3DS? Is this only true when you play as a female?

Both me and my sister had it happen to us when we played as girls, but not as boys. Also, in Playthroughs and Walkthroughs, I've never seen anyone who played as a male start the game holding the 3DS. So is it only girls? And if so, any ideas why?

I'm just curious, personally.

Not sure myself but I did notice this too. I usually get both versions of the games and play one as a female and one as a male. I choose Y for my Female character and I noticed she had a Pikachu 3DSXL when she woke up and my male character didnt. Not sure why they choose a 3DS and not a stuffed toy or something like that. I guess my male character does not fall asleep while playing games!

Dom

[X/Y] Shiny charm + Masuda Method = QQ?

I've seen many other X and Y players dealing with the exact same thing as I am dealing with now for quite a while...
I just don't know what is going on here...
Before obtaining the Shiny Charm, I've had 2 shiny pokes, this was a Fennekin at box #2... followed by a Noibat in Box #3... However!
For some odd reasons I believe that my Shiny luck has practically decreased big time SINCE obtaining the Charm...
I wonder how everyone else their luck is since they obtained the Shiny Charm.

I know there is a Spreadsheet on the internet somewhere, but I don't believe a thing from that list since it's easy to manipulate the entire list...
Currently trying for a Shiny Honedge which was meant to be a giveaway whenever I've managed to hatch one. sadly... Box #7 and still nothing out of the 11 boxes full of eggs.
I just don't know why the Charm appears to be giving so much bad luck when it comes to breeding...
BUT! When it comes to finding shiny pokes in the Wild... It did greatly increased the odds, especially in the Safari.

So... I wonder how other's experience was while breeding after obtaining the Shiny Charm. I actually believe that Charm thing does nerf the chance big time when it comes to breeding. :sweat:

Last edited:
Re: [X/Y] Shiny charm + Masuda Method = QQ?

Even with a charm and masuada, your chances are low in obtaining a shiny. Its kind of like roulette, sometimes you are lucky and sometimes you are not.

So, I have a silly question, but I've been wondering about this for a while. I've heard that your chance of finding a shiny is increased in a friend safari, and increased even more if that friend is online. Is this true?

So, I have a silly question, but I've been wondering about this for a while. I've heard that your chance of finding a shiny is increased in a friend safari, and increased even more if that friend is online. Is this true?

Nothing about an increased shiny rate there has been proven, whether the friend is online or not.

Ok, I'm genuinely confused.

I have a Sylveon. It's in my freakin' party. But my Pokedex does not show that I have one. It shows the other Eeveelutions I got from Bank, but not Sylveon, which I evolved in-game.

Any ideas why this may be happening, or is it just a glitch of some sort?

I have a Sylveon. It's in my freakin' party. But my Pokedex does not show that I have one. It shows the other Eeveelutions I got from Bank, but not Sylveon, which I evolved in-game.

I've read up on this a bit and it seems to be a glitch. Sylveon won't be registered unless the Eevee it evolved from came from Kalos.

That's what I read on Bulbapedia and GameFAQs, anyway. I can't test it myself as I already have a Sylveon registered in my own Pokedex.

I've read up on this a bit and it seems to be a glitch. Sylveon won't be registered unless the Eevee it evolved from came from Kalos.

That's what I read on Bulbapedia and GameFAQs, anyway. I can't test it myself as I already have a Sylveon registered in my own Pokedex.

Oh wow, ok. Thanks. My Eevee was transfered over before I evolved it. That's really weird, though.

I have a question too. How does Xerneas resemble the letter X? I still don't see it.

His antlers and his front legs form an X.
xerneas_by_revenantanime-d664zly.png

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom