• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Roseli Berry Mystery and Ultra Rare Soda level

So apparently in a guide, the Roseli berry is listed as an ingredient for making Ultra Rare soda, which raises a Pokémon's level up by 4-5 levels (but skips level up moves and evoltuions)

The thing is, I have tried every berry combination except for the Starf Berry (which is needed to make normal Rare Soda) Enigma Berry Micle Berry Custap Berry Jaboca Berry and Rowap Berry. So far 5/6 berries listed there are not obtainable through normal game play to my knowledge. I only listed them due to their inclusion on the Gen VI section of the berry wiki article.

So...does anyone have the Starf berry to mix with the Roseli berry to see if it is the combination needed, or does someone (or hacker) have the other berries and could possibly try mixing the Roseli berry with them?

Also, has anyone come across a higher level Ultra Rare soda?

So far i know there is one that raises the level of a Pokémon by 4 and another by 5. Is there a 6-10 or so?

Learning how to make the Ultra Rare Soda, and if there is a higher level than 5 would be a wonderful treasure of knowledge for gamers, especially those trying to lv up their Pokémon.

Re: Roseli Berry Mystery and Ultra Rare Soda level

So apparently in a guide, the Roseli berry is listed as an ingredient for making Ultra Rare soda, which raises a Pokémon's level up by 4-5 levels (but skips level up moves and evoltuions)

The thing is, I have tried every berry combination except for the Starf Berry (which is needed to make normal Rare Soda) Enigma Berry Micle Berry Custap Berry Jaboca Berry and Rowap Berry. So far 5/6 berries listed there are not obtainable through normal game play to my knowledge. I only listed them due to their inclusion on the Gen VI section of the berry wiki article.

So...does anyone have the Starf berry to mix with the Roseli berry to see if it is the combination needed, or does someone (or hacker) have the other berries and could possibly try mixing the Roseli berry with them?

So far i know there is one that raises the level of a Pokémon by 4 and another by 5. Is there a 6-10 or so?

Learning how to make the Ultra Rare Soda, and if there is a higher level than 5 would be a wonderful treasure of knowledge for gamers, especially those trying to lv up their Pokémon.

Ultra Rare Soda can only be purchased, not made, and 5 levels is the highest it can go. Only if Starf is mixed with a Lansat would you get a Rare Soda; any other berry, and Starf is treated like a green Berry. Also, the Roseli Berry is treated like the other 17 damage-reducing Berries.

Ultra Rare Soda can only be purchased, not made, and 5 levels is the highest it can go. Only if Starf is mixed with a Lansat would you get a Rare Soda; any other berry, and Starf is treated like a green Berry. Also, the Roseli Berry is treated like the other 17 damage-reducing Berries.

One of the guides lists the Roseli Berry as an ingredient for Ultra Rare Soda. http://i.imgur.com/JPFPZAh.jpg

I was asking if the Starf Berry was the 2nd Ingredient, or if it was a one of the other berries I listed.

I have all the berries except the Starf Berry, Enigma Berry Micle Berry Custap Berry Jaboca Berry and Rowap Berry so I was unable to mix them to see if they were the 2nd ingredient.

Re: Simple Questions Simple Answers (XY Edition)

Can moves like Aura Sphere miss against an opponent holding Bright Powder?

Nope.

Aura Sphere/Magical Leaf etc. don't ever miss, as long as the opponent is in reach of the attack of course.

One of the guides lists the Roseli Berry as an ingredient for Ultra Rare Soda. http://i.imgur.com/JPFPZAh.jpg

I was asking if the Starf Berry was the 2nd Ingredient, or if it was a one of the other berries I listed.

I have all the berries except the Starf Berry, Enigma Berry Micle Berry Custap Berry Jaboca Berry and Rowap Berry so I was unable to mix them to see if they were the 2nd ingredient.

If your guide was correct, it's most likely the second ingredient wasn't released yet.

Re: Can you breed surf onto pichu in G/S/C using pika that knows it?

As far as I know this is impossible without using a cheating device or game editor of some sort. Pikachu would only be able to pass down moves, tms, and hms that it would normally be able to learn itself. Well don't quote me on it, but I'm pretty sure...

Simple Questions Simple Answers (XY Edition)

Is there some way to know a wild pokemon's ability before you catch it, particularly in horde battles?

Is there some way to know a wild pokemon's ability before you catch it, particularly in horde battles?

Some abilities like Intimidate and Cloud Nine will pop up on screen at the beginning of the battle to show they have activated. Then there are some abilities that will only take effect if the Pokemon has been attacked with certain attacks, like Inner Focus. Other than that, the only way you'd be able to tell is to either catch the Pokemon in question or look it up beforehand.

Maybe try using a Pokemon with the move Entrainment? The ability Trace can work in one-on-one battles.

Maybe try using a Pokemon with the move Entrainment? The ability Trace can work in one-on-one battles.
I didn't think of that! Simple Beam could probably work too.

Indeed it would, as would Worry Seed :)

Ya gotta pay attention though, I've had it several times that I used Worry Seed and then didn't look at the screen for a few secs

That doesn't quite work as well ._.

Have a pokemon with the ability Trace, at the start of the battle your pokemon will trace the opponent's ability on screen and you'll know. while not too helpful in hordes, it works wonders for friend safari catching.

edit: according to the 'pedia:
In Generation VI, during Horde Encounters, Trace will copy the ability of the Pokémon on the far left, moving down the row to the right if the initial Pokémon in that position has been knocked out.

you may find that useful :)

I simply must ask what there is to do postgame? Any special areas? Trainers? Pokemon?

I simply must ask what there is to do postgame? Any special areas? Trainers? Pokemon?

You can go to Kiloude City and battle in the Battle Maison or go to the Friend Safari and catch Pokemon from the safaris of your 3DS friends. Other than that, there isnt too much else to do.

Last edited:

The Looker sidequest in Lumiose City is good fun :)

I really enjoyed that ^^

After that, there's the stuff SC mentioned

If your guide was correct, it's most likely the second ingredient wasn't released yet.

Did you mix the Roseli and Starf berries?

Did you mix the Roseli and Starf berries?

Couldn't, since I have no access to Starf Berries. You might want to ask someone else. Bulbapedia says there's no way to get the Ultra Rare Soda by mixing.

Edit: If you want, we could bring it up on the appropriate talk page to see whether the guide is right or wrong.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom