• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions Simple Answers (XY Edition)

Question on the Mortality Duo (Xerneas and Yveltal):

Is that name now widely accepted, or has a official unofficial name not been coined yet?

A few months back I only put it down on several of the wiki articles as a Place Holder, and I am surprise to see it is still being used on the articles and even talk pages. I know a few fan wikis call them the Life Duo or Trio with Zygarde added.

I dont think any name like that has been given yet, this is the first time Ive heard that one to be honest.

Question on the Mortality Duo (Xerneas and Yveltal):

Is that name now widely accepted, or has a official unofficial name not been coined yet?

A few months back I only put it down on several of the wiki articles as a Place Holder, and I am surprise to see it is still being used on the articles and even talk pages. I know a few fan wikis call them the Life Duo or Trio with Zygarde added.

I dont think any name like that has been given yet, this is the first time Ive heard that one to be honest.

Interesting, well, I know its on the Legendary Duo page...and another page I can't think of off the top of my head. Its also on a few talk pages by other users discussing them and/or Zygarde. Like I said, it was a place holder just meant to "Be there" until a official unofficial fan name was adopted. Before I edited the page, it just said "Mascots" or "Xerneas and Yveltal"

This generation has been weird, the games have been out for five months, yet the fans have hardly done taken to half the patterns they have done in the last two gens. I mean when DP was out for 5 months, we already had the Lake Trio named if my memory is correctly, same for the creation trio more of less. I don't even think BW was out in the states yet before they were known as the Kami Trio. Wonder why this generation seems so slow?

New quick question: Exactly how does one catch Pokerus from a wild Pokemon? Does it spread via just battling it (e.g. contact), or do you have to ball the Pokemon and it subsequently spreads across your team from there?

You don't have to catch it. Just battling something with PKRS will give it to your Pokemon, as will catching it. Then keep it, or your head Pokemon with Pokerus that KO'd the wild Pokemon in the team, battle around a bit, and it will spread eventually~
I know how it spreads between Pokemon who have it, I've done that with a number of Pokemon I've received in trades and/or put out on WT.

I neep help with the Pokémon Dream Radar

I finally got a chance to download the Pokémon Dream Radar from the Nintendo eShop, and I've already managed to capture Tornadus and Thundurus. However, I can't seem to get a break and catch any post-Thundurus Pokémon besides Staryu. I need to know: are the Pokémon you can find determined solely by which color Dream Orb you've collected the most of, or are they all available, and only become more common when a certain Dream Orb color is collected more than the others?

Re: I neep help with the Pokémon Dream Radar

They are indeed influenced by what color orbs you collect, but exactly how I am not sure. For example, early on I could easily catch loads of Riolu and Igglybuff, but after catching two of the Kamis I can't seem to find them anymore, like at all.

They are indeed influenced by what color orbs you collect, but exactly how I am not sure. For example, early on I could easily catch loads of Riolu and Igglybuff, but after catching two of the Kamis I can't seem to find them anymore, like at all.

I've been finding Igglybuff and Shuckle in droves, and quite frankly, I'm sick of it. I want to find a Ralts soon. I'm hoping that once I catch Landorus, I'll be able to find them. I'd also like a Spiritomb and a Togepi. I even restarted White 2 so that I'd be able to get all the Pokémon I want to get from the Dream Radar at level 5. I'm also going to be getting the Gen. IV mascots (Aside from Palkia. The only copy of Pearl we have is my sister's, and she moved out a few years ago).

In the case of two Pokemon on the field with the Prankster ability and both used a status move, would the Pokemon with the higher speed move first?

In the case of two Pokemon on the field with the Prankster ability and both used a status move, would the Pokemon with the higher speed move first?

I can't say for certain, but I would assume so.

Yes, because when a Pokémon with Prankster uses a status move, said move get +1 priority. When two moves which are used in the same turn are in the same priority tier, the Pokémon with the higher Speed stat moves first.

Yes, because when a Pokémon with Prankster uses a status move, said move get +1 priority. When two moves which are used in the same turn are in the same priority tier, the Pokémon with the higher Speed stat moves first.

Makes sense. Thanks~

Heya, quick question - I played Pokemon Ruby a fair while ago and would like to transfer my Pokemon to the current generation. Is there any way to do this without sending them via Gen IV or V games in between? (I don't have D/P/P/B/W - I was short on time and money at that time, sadly!)

Okay, now I'm utterly baffled; I got the 3000 Dream Orbs needed to unlock the third Eureka Extension in the Dream Radar, but it hasn't been unlocked yet. Anyone want to explain what's going on?

Never mind, I unlocked it. I'm guessing that Bulbapedia's a little off, because it took 3200 Dream Orbs to unlock it, not 3000.

Last edited:

Uh, does Shauna ever move after trading me the starter pokemon? She's standing in front of my house for weeks and I'm starting to feel pity for her, and I want to invite her inside the house so she doesn't have to stay outside all the time...

Uh, does Shauna ever move after trading me the starter pokemon? She's standing in front of my house for weeks and I'm starting to feel pity for her, and I want to invite her inside the house so she doesn't have to stay outside all the time...

Pretty sure she doesn't. Only other place you'll see her is at the Battle Maison.

I've been finding Igglybuff and Shuckle in droves, and quite frankly, I'm sick of it.
Well, according to the Bulbapedia page those are Green orb Pokemon, have you tried focusing on Orange orbs for awhile?

Yes, I have, and now all I'm finding are Staryu. It was a pain in the butt trying to get the orbs when they're orange, too. Why do the colors change to darn quickly? Why can't the orbs each be just one color, without any changing? Oh, and I reached the 3000 orb mark, but the Professor hasn't finished the Eureka Extension Y yet. Any ideas on why that is?

Does anyone know what (Ivs, ability gender etc) is determined the moment an egg is generated, received and hatched?

Does anyone know what (Ivs, ability gender etc) is determined the moment an egg is generated, received and hatched?

definitely not hatched, but it is probably generated.

I was asking what parts of a pokemon are determined when the egg is generated (waiting for you to pick it up from the daycare man) and what is then determined when you pick it up. There was a time (I think 4th gen) where gender and ability was determined when the egg is made but the Ivs are not and are determined when you pick up the egg. I'm hoping there is still some semblance of that in this generation.

definitely not hatched, but it is probably generated.

I was asking what parts of a pokemon are determined when the egg is generated (waiting for you to pick it up from the daycare man) and what is then determined when you pick it up. There was a time (I think 4th gen) where gender and ability was determined when the egg is made but the Ivs are not and are determined when you pick up the egg. I'm hoping there is still some semblance of that in this generation.

From what I understand everything EXCEPT IV's are generated when the egg is made. The IV's are then determined when you pick it up. I was reading this "egg trick" that described it earlier.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom