• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: A... conundrum I have with Pokémon Platinum (regarding the Hoenn golems)

I do hope this is in the correct section, and that this question hasn't been asked far too often (I did try the search function, to no avail) that it has been reliquated to beating a dead horse, but...

I recently bought some of the older DS-era Pokémon games, to collect and bank (Pokémon Bank) legendaries and otherwise unattainable Pokémon to my Pokémon X game and... no matter what Pokémon knowledge base I visit, I can only reach one troubling, confusing speculation regarding the Hoenn golems. And correct me if I'm wrong:

To catch Regigigas in Pokémon Platinum, at level 1, I must:
- Have caught Regirock
- Have caught Regice
- Have caught Registeel
- Go to the Snowpoint Temple where Regigigas is held imprisoned

To catch Regirock, Regice and Registeel in Pokémon Platinum, I must:
- Have an event-tagged Regigigas?

Is this correct? Because basically what that tells me is that... I can't get the level 1 Regigigas, because I require Regirock, Regice and Registeel... which I need a level 100 Pokémon movie event-based level 100 Regigigas for...

... to catch a level 1 Regigigas?

It's true that you can only catch the Golems in Platinum if you have that even Regigigas, however you can also catch the Golems in the Ruby and Sapphire games then transfer them. You could also get them on Black or White 2. On BW2 you can also catch Regigigas if you have all three Regis on the game(I think)

Spoilered to cut down on length
I do hope this is in the correct section, and that this question hasn't been asked far too often (I did try the search function, to no avail) that it has been reliquated to beating a dead horse, but...

I recently bought some of the older DS-era Pokémon games, to collect and bank (Pokémon Bank) legendaries and otherwise unattainable Pokémon to my Pokémon X game and... no matter what Pokémon knowledge base I visit, I can only reach one troubling, confusing speculation regarding the Hoenn golems. And correct me if I'm wrong:

To catch Regigigas in Pokémon Platinum, at level 1, I must:
- Have caught Regirock
- Have caught Regice
- Have caught Registeel
- Go to the Snowpoint Temple where Regigigas is held imprisoned

To catch Regirock, Regice and Registeel in Pokémon Platinum, I must:
- Have an event-tagged Regigigas?

Is this correct? Because basically what that tells me is that... I can't get the level 1 Regigigas, because I require Regirock, Regice and Registeel... which I need a level 100 Pokémon movie event-based level 100 Regigigas for...

... to catch a level 1 Regigigas?

It's true that you can only catch the Golems in Platinum if you have that even Regigigas, however you can also catch the Golems in the Ruby and Sapphire games then transfer them. You could also get them on Black or White 2. On BW2 you can also catch Regigigas if you have all three Regis on the game(I think)

The Regi trio can be caught in a few different ways, with different games being harder or easier.

- In Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald, it is possible in game to capture all three Regis completely in-game (that is, no event items/Pokémon need to be brought in, no trades need to occur). It's a bit of a puzzle of how to unlock them all, but several guides online can show you how it's done (including Bulbapedia's pages on the Sealed Chamber, Desert Ruins, Island Cave, and Ancient Tomb). From there, you can transfer them to Diamond/Pearl/Platinum to unlock the game's Regigigas.

- Platinum, as you mentioned does require the event Regigigas to unlock the Regi trio. However, I believe you only need the three golems from any source and not those specific three in order to get Platinum's Regigigas from Snowpoint Temple.

- Black 2 and White 2 also has the capability to capture all three Regis within one game at the Underground Ruins (more details on the page itself); however, because the method for doing so uses the Unova Link key feature, you will need at least some access to both versions of the game. Black 2 can unlock the Iron Key on it's own, and White 2 can unlock the Iceberg Key, but you'll need to share keys to get access to both Regice and Registeel on one game (Regirock is available by default). Once you've acquired all three (again, by any means, not just the BW2 ones specifically), Regigigas will be available for capture in Twist Mountain.

I hope that whole explanation made sense. I know it's a bit convoluted, so feel free to ask for any clarification.

Re: Simple Questions Simple Answers (XY Edition)

I wanted to teach my shiny Dialga I got from gamestop and transfered to pokemon X outrage. Is there a way to learn outrage in X/Y? The move relearner does not have it?

No, there is no Move Tutor in XY other than the ones for the Starters' special moves.
(and Draco Meteor.)

I wanted to teach my shiny Dialga I got from gamestop and transfered to pokemon X outrage. Is there a way to learn outrage in X/Y? The move relearner does not have it?

No, there is no Move Tutor in XY other than the ones for the Starters' special moves.
(and Draco Meteor.)

Nuts, I hate when I can't finish a pokemon because I don't have access to its entire movepool. Outrage was going to work great on my rest talker. now I don't know what to use.

rest
sleep talk
flash cannon
Roar of time, draco meteor, dragon pulse, dragon claw, dragon breath are my choices.

Last edited:

Hi all, I was wondering if anyone could help me with something -

I visited the Pokemon Global Link website, and clicked on the link to 'Season 3 Rating Battles', and took a look at the rules.

This is what has confused me, it says - You can only use Pokemon that you have caught, that you have hatched from an egg, or that you received from the Mystery Gift option.

I assumed that this meant that you cannot use Pokemon that you received via Wonder Trade/GTS. However, I went to the Battle Spot, clicked on Rating Battle, and fought a double battle with a Pokemon in my Battle Box that I received in a Wonder Trade.

So does this mean that you CAN use Pokemon you received via a wonder trade/GTS? Has anyone else had any problems when trying to use such a Pokemon in the Season 3 Rating Battles?

Hi all, I was wondering if anyone could help me with something -

I visited the Pokemon Global Link website, and clicked on the link to 'Season 3 Rating Battles', and took a look at the rules.

This is what has confused me, it says - You can only use Pokemon that you have caught, that you have hatched from an egg, or that you received from the Mystery Gift option.

I assumed that this meant that you cannot use Pokemon that you received via Wonder Trade/GTS. However, I went to the Battle Spot, clicked on Rating Battle, and fought a double battle with a Pokemon in my Battle Box that I received in a Wonder Trade.

So does this mean that you CAN use Pokemon you received via a wonder trade/GTS? Has anyone else had any problems when trying to use such a Pokemon in the Season 3 Rating Battles?
I'm not sure and correct me if i'm wrong but I think the site is talking about the rule that you can only use pokemon bred in Kalos, caught in Kalos or pokemon recieved through the mystery gift this gen such as the Torchic with the mega stone in rating battles. Now probably the pokemon you got through the Wondertrade/GTS were caught/bred Kalos so it means you can use them in rating battles unless they weren't and i'm wrong, you can see if they were bred/caught in Kalos if they have the hexagon symbol.

Thanks Norzan, that explains it :). The Pokemon in question was caught in Kalos.

Heya, quick question - I played Pokemon Ruby a fair while ago and would like to transfer my Pokemon to the current generation. Is there any way to do this without sending them via Gen IV or V games in between? (I don't have D/P/P/B/W - I was short on time and money at that time, sadly!)
You need to have at least one Gen 4 and one Gen 5 Game to transfer From Ruby to X or Y. The only other way is trust your game with someone else.

This might not get a very factual answer, seeing as opinion comes into play, but I was wondering if it's still possible to finish Pokémon Emerald including most post-game content when the internal battery has run dry? Mine finally died not too long ago (and I don't dare replace it) but I really wanted to play it once more, including things as Contests (which Pokéblocks and thus Berries are kinda needed for, which no longer grow)

Or aren't there enough Berries and other such things available to properly complete these sidequests?
Contest while possible, do need berries, or will have limited progress in to it. It is possible to obtain an "infinite" amount berries from other 3rd Gen games. In Emerald, some Wild Pokémon may hold berries, but they're rare at best. For Example Zigzagoon have 5% chance of Holding a Oran Berry.

If you've not got gotten Groudon and Kyrogre, it may not be possible to get them. Tides also don't work so the Shell bell and Snorunt could be unavailable.
On my Pokemon Soulsilver, I decided to grow some more Event Berries I planted, and after I forgot about them for awhile (oops), they restarted growing. However, I kinda just noticed that time based Events stopped happening for some reason, like the internal battery running dry in a Gen III game. Does anyone know why this happened and how to fix it?
Did you change your DS clock for DST or changed DSes? Doing either of these thing will reset Berry Growth, and temporarily stop timed events.

A few questions not directly related to X and Y, but more to all Pokémon games in general by association, in regards to Pokémon Bank:

I have heard many a tale of people getting their Pokémon seized by Pokémon bank even if they claim they were rightfully obtained. Now what I am wondering is... is that thing true? Does Pokémon Bank mess up now and then, or are they just all bluster in their claims of the Pokémon Bank messing up?

I bought some older games (Platinum, SoulSilver, HeartGold and Black Version 2) and only have the standard encounter legendaries, and Pokémon otherwise unavailable in Pokémon X, and I am wondering now if it is possible to transfer those without risk? Or is there some kind of glitch in the Pokémon Bank filtering system that I need to be cautious of if that is not the case?

In addition to that... could I transfer a Regirock, Regice and Registeel caught in Black Version 2 (I haven't done so yet, but all guides point to yes in regards to the ability to do so) to Pokémon Platinum to attain that game's level 1 Regigigas?

I hope that whole explanation made sense. I know it's a bit convoluted, so feel free to ask for any clarification.

I did get it even though, yes, it's monstrously convoluted.

Just a bummer that I need to buy a used DS just to unlock all these... and a second copy of White version 2 on top of that since I don't plan also buying a Nintendo Advance. So... correct me if I'm wrong; I'll have to play Black Version 2 and White Version 2 back-to-back to get a Regirock, Regice and Registeel and capture the Regigigas in Black 2 and White 2 (since I can transfer them across, to have all three in both, right?). But I can't transfer Pokémon back from Black Version 2 or White Version 2, so I can never obtain the level 1 Regigigas from that particular game?

In my plans, I'll have to play several times to capture a total of 3 Kyurem (one playthrough with a Black Kyurem, one playthrough with a White Kyurem, and one with a default Kyurem and a spare Reshiram/Zekrom).

Since I do plan on doing things the legitimate way, is there any worry about in regards to the Pokémon link trading from DS to 2DS, and then later from Pokémon Black Version 2 and White Version 2 to Pokémon X via the Pokémon Transporter? I have heard many differing rumors about the service, and with how much time and money this is costing me I don't want to see my legitimate Pokémon being just deleted because the system proves unreliable...

Question about stats

Hi there!

I was wondering about the following: my Pokémon's Attack stat can be used against itself, for example when it's confused or with Foul Play. Can other stats be (mis)used like that too? Special Attack for example?

Re: Question about stats

A few questions not directly related to X and Y, but more to all Pokémon games in general by association, in regards to Pokémon Bank:

I have heard many a tale of people getting their Pokémon seized by Pokémon bank even if they claim they were rightfully obtained. Now what I am wondering is... is that thing true? Does Pokémon Bank mess up now and then, or are they just all bluster in their claims of the Pokémon Bank messing up?

I bought some older games (Platinum, SoulSilver, HeartGold and Black Version 2) and only have the standard encounter legendaries, and Pokémon otherwise unavailable in Pokémon X, and I am wondering now if it is possible to transfer those without risk? Or is there some kind of glitch in the Pokémon Bank filtering system that I need to be cautious of if that is not the case?

In addition to that... could I transfer a Regirock, Regice and Registeel caught in Black Version 2 (I haven't done so yet, but all guides point to yes in regards to the ability to do so) to Pokémon Platinum to attain that game's level 1 Regigigas?

The Pokemon are not seized by Bank. If the Bank's hack filter determines there is something off about the Pokemon, it may not pass through. However the filter is not perfect. Ive heard a lot of stories of people's legit Pokemon not passing through and very hacked things getting through. Your Pokemon should go through as long as there isnt anything too unusual about them( Im assuming that their stats are in the right range, their location caught checks out and other things like that)

You cannot move pokemon from Gen V to Gen IV. I believe the only gens to even attempt backwards moving were Gens I & II. The only way to get that Regigigss is to trade for them that Generation or bring them up yourself from Gen III (RSE).

Then again, I may have missed a crazy ground-breaking game mechanic in B2/W2. I did not devote too much time to it.

Hi there!

I was wondering about the following: my Pokémon's Attack stat can be used against itself, for example when it's confused or with Foul Play. Can other stats be (mis)used like that too? Special Attack for example?

As of yet, not directly. Foul Play is the only move that scales off of the opponent's stats, and Confusion is the only status condition.

However, there are several roundabout ways to use opponent's stats to hurt them. Heart Swap, Guard Swap, Power Swap, and Psych Up all benefit the user if their opponent has been raising their stats (Snatch as well, but it has to be used on the turn the stat is raised). All of these except Psych Up also cause the opponent to lose their stat gains (provided you haven't also boosted your stats).

There are some other ways too, but are more enemy-dependent, such as the move Gyro Ball being more powerful against enemies who boost their speed. Some moves and conditions outright ignore certain stats as well. For example, Dragon Rage, Sonic Boom, Seismic Toss, and related moves always do a set amount of damage. Super Fang always cuts an opponent's current HP in half when it hits.

And the Poison, Burn, Leech Seed, and Badly Poisoned status conditions and Sandstorm/Hail weather conditions always take off a fraction of the opponent's maximum HP, making their HP, Def, and Sp. Def stats irrelevant.

How do you replay battle maison videos? I had a funny one involving AI stupidity and Charizard and I'd like to see it again.

How do you replay battle maison videos? I had a funny one involving AI stupidity and Charizard and I'd like to see it again.

If you recorded a battle you had, you should be able to view it by going to your Vs. Recorder (in the key items pocket).

Hi there!

As of yet, not directly. Foul Play is the only move that scales off of the opponent's stats, and Confusion is the only status condition.

However, there are several roundabout ways to use opponent's stats to hurt them. Heart Swap, Guard Swap, Power Swap, and Psych Up all benefit the user if their opponent has been raising their stats (Snatch as well, but it has to be used on the turn the stat is raised). All of these except Psych Up also cause the opponent to lose their stat gains (provided you haven't also boosted your stats).

There are some other ways too, but are more enemy-dependent, such as the move Gyro Ball being more powerful against enemies who boost their speed. Some moves and conditions outright ignore certain stats as well. For example, Dragon Rage, Sonic Boom, Seismic Toss, and related moves always do a set amount of damage. Super Fang always cuts an opponent's current HP in half when it hits.

And the Poison, Burn, Leech Seed, and Badly Poisoned status conditions and Sandstorm/Hail weather conditions always take off a fraction of the opponent's maximum HP, making their HP, Def, and Sp. Def stats irrelevant.

Thank you for your elaborate answer! This actually gives physical attackers with high Attack IVs a bit of a disadvantage then, right? I was wondering about this, because I just got into IV-breeding. I'm trying to breed a Delphox, a special attacker that doesn't need its Attack stat. But it would be best if I could get one with five perfect IVs and an Attack IV of 0, to make sure confusion damage and Foul Play damage are kept to a minimum. I have already bred my first (almost) perfect Chesnaught, with five IVs. Since it doesn't need Special Attack, I didn't bother about the value of that IV, and since my opponent can't use it against me, there's really no reason to. Am I correct?

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom