• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions Simple Answers (XY Edition)

Hi all. I haven't used the Friend Safari before and have a couple of questions. I hope they aren't too stupid, sorry if they are though!
I have 1 3DS and both X and Y, so is my Friend Safari the same? I know that it is based off of my 3DS friend code but I wonder if I will see all potential safari areas on both games?

Thanks.
Your Friend Safari is based on your FC so yes your Friend Safari is the same regardless of the version you are playing, the same applies to all the Friend Safari from your 3DS friends list.

Hi all. I haven't used the Friend Safari before and have a couple of questions. I hope they aren't too stupid, sorry if they are though!
I have 1 3DS and both X and Y, so is my Friend Safari the same? I know that it is based off of my 3DS friend code but I wonder if I will see all potential safari areas on both games?

Thanks.

There's a strong chance your safari can be the same. There's also a strong chance that they're not. The complete aspects of Friend Safari's have yet to be discovered. The only real knowledge of the FS is the Pokemon you can find in each slot. I'd just have someone check it out for you who is at the friend Safari area.

Thanks.

There's a strong chance your safari can be the same. There's also a strong chance that they're not. The complete aspects of Friend Safari's have yet to be discovered. The only real knowledge of the FS is the Pokemon you can find in each slot. I'd just have someone check it out for you who is at the friend Safari area.

Being an owner of both X and Y, I can vouch that the Safari does not change between games. I still have the greatest safari ever... Bug. (I hate my safari.)
D:<

I have heard that users with multiple 3DSs have a different safari on each system however.

Recently, I received a Misdreavus, via trade. In the top-left corner there is "SPA". When it evolved, it's still there. Could anyone tell me what that means, and should I be alarmed?

Recently, I received a Misdreavus, via trade. In the top-left corner there is "SPA". When it evolved, it's still there. Could anyone tell me what that means, and should I be alarmed?

Its the language of game it came from. You'll get a lot of those when you Wonder Trade. Its from a Spanish language game. I also believe there is FRE-French, JAP-Japanese, GER-German, KOR-Korea.

Its the language of game it came from. You'll get a lot of those when you Wonder Trade. Its from a Spanish language game. I also believe there is FRE-French, JAP-Japanese, GER-German, KOR-Korea.

Is that what it's called? I never traded with the 3DS/X & Y before. That's pretty cool that I have a Spanish Mismagius, though.

Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Is that what it's called? I never traded with the 3DS/X & Y before. That's pretty cool that I have a Spanish Mismagius, though.

Thanks for clearing that up for me.

I ended up with a ton of outer region Pokemon when I Wonder traded some of my breeding leftovers

Thanks.

Being an owner of both X and Y, I can vouch that the Safari does not change between games. I still have the greatest safari ever... Bug. (I hate my safari.)
D:<

I have heard that users with multiple 3DSs have a different safari on each system however.

Cool, thanks for the confirmation and thanks too for the other replies. I appreciate the time taken :)

Could anybody see if something happens if you bring a Heatran to Jaune Plaza?

Just tried it, nothing happened. I kind of wonder if she's referring to the rumored Volcanion instead of Heatran..

Just tried it, nothing happened. I kind of wonder if she's referring to the rumored Volcanion instead of Heatran..

Or GF is just giving us false leads just to mess with us >:O

But I think what I'm doing belongs in a different thread...

*casually explodes*

Hi I am wondering about what IV's are... I have heard people talking about them but never made any sense of it.

Hi I am wondering about what IV's are... I have heard people talking about them but never made any sense of it.

I'm not sure how to explain them but I will try! IVs are basically genetics; unlike EVs, IVs can't be reset, and are generated when the pokemon is "made" (for instance, when a random encounter pops up).

I believe IVs determine how much a stat increases when the pokemon levels up. It won't mean much at like level 10, but it can make a HUGE difference at level 50 or 100.

You can check the IVs of your pokes from a dude in the PokeCenter in Kiloude.

Here is some more in depth info about IVs, and here is info on the stats judge so you can know what the heck he's saying.

I am sure this has been asked, but I am too lazy to check.

I know the pokeball can be passed down in breeding, but which parent passes it down?

Also, can a Ditto pass down its ball?

I am sure this has been asked, but I am too lazy to check.

I know the pokeball can be passed down in breeding, but which parent passes it down?

Also, can a Ditto pass down its ball?
Only females pass down the pokeball and Ditto can't pass down the pokeball

Soo... theoretically would the largest egg group be the ideal for a specific ball to be bred?

Ex: Breed the wanted ball Pokemon with SameGroup Pokemon that is also part of wanted group to breed with wanted Pokemon?

This might really be pushing "Simple". :p

Soo... theoretically would the largest egg group be the ideal for a specific ball to be bred?

Ex: Breed the wanted ball Pokemon with SameGroup Pokemon that is also part of wanted group to breed with wanted Pokemon?

This might really be pushing "Simple". :p

As long as the female of the desired species is in the desired ball then it will be passed down. You can keep breeding until you get a new born female and just continue from there passing down natures, abilities or egg moves. Also worth noting is that while ditto cannot pass its ball a female partner with ditto will but a male partner won't (for all intents and purposes ditto is the mother but is programed to pass down a pokeball no matter what). To make things easy for breeding try breeding 5 iv male spreads from each egg group so you don't have to go from the ground up. I bred bulbasaur competitively and latter used it to breed squirtle competitively since they share an egg group.

In Pokemon White/Black (2), when you get a foreign Pokemon, and evolve it, will you get the foreign Pokedex entry for both of them?

For example, if I have an USA (English) White 2, and get a French Clefairy and get the French Pokedex entry for Clefairy, and evolve it into a Clefable, will I get the French Pokedex entry for Clefable?

Plus, will I get foreign Pokedex entries for Pokemon that were introduced in Gen V (Hydreigon, Beeyeehem, Reuniclus…)? If so, will the same thing of evolving them apply from above?

Yes, you will get the foreign entries as your Pokemon evolves. But this only works with non-Unova Pokemon. Even in Black/White 2, foreign Unova entires aren't available for some reason.

Any tips on the IV/EV idea?

Got the IV's I wanted for my Froakie so good there. But not the nature I want! EV training you need those special braces from the Battle Masion but they are UBER IV/EV trained themselves so any of my Pokemon going against them is out of the question! I spend 2 hrs. trying to get a DAMN reset bag! To no success! Forget it and bred a Froakie. So now IV I want CHECK No bad nature BOO! and the only EV item I have is Macho Brace.

I'm curious does Nature really matter? Out of the 3 which do you rate above all else. The idea that IV=DNA sounds important human genetics to being fat is an issue so yet genetics and the Pokemon differences sound important. I know Nature determines which stat is raised/lowered too.

Plus I'm confused. I hear all these EV train at 1 or 100 BUT! 100 All your REGULAR stats are done leveling if 4 EV points= + 1 stat then lv. 100 + 0 stats? SO this whole Lv. 100 EV training isn't true so you'd be raising 0 regular stats. The best option as daunting as it is is A) Nature that complements your Pokemon B) Lv. 1 Breeding so starts with 0 EVs and C) The IV judge guys comments on your different hidden IV stats. THEN FINALLY you can EV train OH and those bracelets YOU CAN'T GET!

It's making my head spin and is driving me crazy! This silly idea "I did it in 5min." UH YA NO! UH YA HOW?!

It's crazy.

I was "Gotta Catch Them All" but thought I'd take a break from that and try this IV/EV idea it's crazy!!!!

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom