• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions Simple Answers (XY Edition)

Issue with Pokemon Bank. It said some Pokemon can't be transferred from Platinum to Black to X. (Got them in Black bank won't take them over to X) I am sort of confused. Yes some are hacked OBVIOUS lv. 2 Arceus! But a lv. 4 Dialga got through! Yet a Lv. 2 Palkia didn't! Plus it's scary! Some seem legit Ho-Oh lv. 70 The dogs lv. 50 The Gen 3 covers lv. 70 The Regi Trio was lv. 40 Ok FINE maybe some Hacks in there but if "lv 4. Dialga is possible HACK yet Palkia didn't get through?? Plus The Lv. 1 Reggigigas got through! Also the birds "Oh lv. "50" NOT 70 like the actual Platinum game so I guess "OMG Fake" Really wanted a lot of these legendaries to complete my Dex! Looks like I'll have to slog through Platinum. (Wanted to start it over ANYWAY (bought used copy) but wanted to transfer all the UBER Legendaries. :-( BOO! Atleast I believe with the Remakes I can get the Gen 3 Cover Trio surely. (Already got Gen 3 starters hope Gen. 3 remakes can help me complete my Dex more!) :-(

EDIT Seems all the FAKES are by the Owner "Jack" The original game owner "Sharon" had LEGIT in game stuff. :) The Palkia is a "Dan" sad some are legit levels it seems yet FAKE. :-(

Erm, if you are talking about Ho-oh, you can catch it in HeartGold at 50 and trade it to Platinum I believe.

Otherwise Banks hackcheck is just really spotty. You might be able to find someone willing to make use of cloning services if that helps. :/

If you have two parents with more than 4 breedable moves does the baby inherit all the moves or just 4?

If you have two parents with more than 4 breedable moves does the baby inherit all the moves or just 4?

Just four, unfortunately :/
Choose carefully

Last edited:

Just two, unfortunately :/
Choose carefully

I'm pretty sure that up to 4 moves can be inherited, but no more can (because the baby can only know 4 moves total). I believe Egg moves take precedence over the Pokémon's natural starting moves, and according to Bulbapedia, the mother's Egg moves take precedence over the father's.

Source

Just two, unfortunately :/
Choose carefully

I'm pretty sure that up to 4 moves can be inherited, but no more can (because the baby can only know 4 moves total). I believe Egg moves take precedence over the Pokémon's natural starting moves, and according to Bulbapedia, the mother's Egg moves take precedence over the father's.

Source

I meant 4, but I typed two because my brain goofed
Again

But you're right about all that :thumbup:

So my friend beat the E4 but in my Friend Safari; it still has 2 boxes out of 3.. What is happening..?

So my friend beat the E4 but in my Friend Safari; it still has 2 boxes out of 3.. What is happening..?
Apart from beating the Elite 4 you would need to encounter your friend online (or locally) to unlock all 3 Pokemon on the Friend Safari.

1. What is the best way to get PP ups? I know its 1,000 pokemiles for 1, but that seems like a lot and they always get sent to the global link before I can spend them.
2. If pokemiles is the best way, whats the best way to get pokemiles?

You can buy certain items from the Global Link website for like half the price you'd buy them in game (plus there's some items that aren't available in the ingame shop); on the website, PP ups only cost 500 miles instead of 1000.

From what I've seen, the best way to get Poke Miles is to Wonder Trade. The more distance between you and the person you're trading with, the more poke miles you get. When I was working on my pokedex, I used the GTS like crazy and I ended up with an insaaaane amount of Poke Miles, so that's an option too.

Aside from that, I've been getting a nice stock of PP ups from the Lotto Id, usually I get one every day ahahaha. Sometimes you luck out and get PP Max, which helps as well. You supposedly can also get pp ups from super training, and pokemon with the ability pickup! I don't have any luck with pick up, I usually only get ultra balls or repels ahaha.

Why have the announced remakes of Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire been titled Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire? If anything, they should be called Alpha Ruby and Beta Sapphire, and Omega (usually used to indicate something of the highest quality, while alpha represents something basic) should be reserved for any possible remake of Diamond.

Why have the announced remakes of Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire been titled Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire? If anything, they should be called Alpha Ruby and Beta Sapphire, and Omega (usually used to indicate something of the highest quality, while alpha represents something basic) should be reserved for any possible remake of Diamond.

It probably has more to do with the biblical phrase "The alpha and omega", especially considering the connection between Groudon and Kyogre and the Biblical creatures Behemoth and Leviathan. It literally means "I am the beginning and the end"; in the case of Groudon and Kyogre, it could be referring to their significance in the Hoenn creation myths and potential for apocalypse.

Here's a Wikipedia article with more on the phrase.

May be a stupid question, but if I put a Ditto from another country in the Day Care, and breed it with a Pokemon from a country different than that, does the Masuda Method still kick in?

May be a stupid question, but if I put a Ditto from another country in the Day Care, and breed it with a Pokemon from a country different than that, does the Masuda Method still kick in?

At all :p, as for your question I'm 99% sure it works. I MM'd several 'mons that weren't mine (Jap and english to put an example) and I got positive results.

It probably has more to do with the biblical phrase "The alpha and omega", especially considering the connection between Groudon and Kyogre and the Biblical creatures Behemoth and Leviathan. It literally means "I am the beginning and the end"; in the case of Groudon and Kyogre, it could be referring to their significance in the Hoenn creation myths and potential for apocalypse.

Here's a Wikipedia article with more on the phrase.

Guess that makes sense enough, though in that case, it would make more if the titles were reversed. Putting Omega before Alpha would be more appropriate to suggest the end of one thing and the beginning of something else to take its place.

Can anyone tell me what this says? I got her as a Sneasel, but when I evolved her, the name stayed the same, so I'm presuming it's a nickname. Only problem -- I can't read Japanese. So... someone please help?

Snapshot_20140516.JPG

So I got a Munchlax in Wonder Trade that's been bred for 0IV in Speed (it was apparently a leftover as it ended up with 31 in SpA instead of Attack) and a Relaxed nature. However, I'm confused at what the point of a super-slow Munchlax/Snorlax is, since it can't learn Trick Room or Gyro Ball.

So I got a Munchlax in Wonder Trade that's been bred for 0IV in Speed (it was apparently a leftover as it ended up with 31 in SpA instead of Attack) and a Relaxed nature. However, I'm confused at what the point of a super-slow Munchlax/Snorlax is, since it can't learn Trick Room or Gyro Ball.

It could be used in a Trick Room team though
That's probably what it's meant for

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom