• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions Simple Answers (XY Edition)

Do move/abilities that prevent use of held items stop mega evolutions?

As far as I remember no, embargo doesn't affect it (Attacks like Knock off don't work either) and there's no M-pokémon with Klutz so I can't know that for sure.

As far as I remember no, embargo doesn't affect it (Attacks like Knock off don't work either) and there's no M-pokémon with Klutz so I can't know that for sure.

Stopping mega evo could be an interesting strategy, I mean something more complex than say knock off.

Stopping mega evo could be an interesting strategy, I mean something more complex than say knock off.

Well, you're not the only one who thought that. People had been testing different things like magic room and etc, but at the moment nothing can prevent a 'mon from megaevolving, since they work like Arceus plates.

X & Y Help!

Hello everybody!

I am in desperate need for help. I've searched the net for answers and found none; so here it goes.
I currently have 714 pokemon on my Y version. However; when I go talk to Proff Sycamore-he says that I'm still "...in the final countdown for your momentous completion of the National Pokedex!" But to complete it and get the Shiny Charm you only need 705.
I know that special event pokemon (Shaymin, Mew, Jirachi, Deoxys, etc) are not needed for the completion thing, but how it is I have 9 extra that what is needed and I'm not getting the shiny charm? Could there be a glitch?

Any thoughts or help would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks!
-Liz

It may be that you've SEEN a couple pokes, but haven't gotten their dex entry yet. In order to get the shiny charm, I'm pretty sure you need the actual dex entries, so you have to catch/hatch/etc them.

If you don't have any of those games (or you can't make the transfer yourself), you might be able to find someone else who has the Xatu you're looking for at the Trade Station.

With the GTS for Gen 5 games and older being shut down, there's no more being able to ask others who dont live by you for help with things like this :c

If you don't have any of those games (or you can't make the transfer yourself), you might be able to find someone else who has the Xatu you're looking for at the Trade Station.

With the GTS for Gen 5 games and older being shut down, there's no more being able to ask others who dont live by you for help with things like this :c

Oh crap, I totally forgot about that. :(
Sorry!

My friend hatched a Gible and gave it a nickname when it hatched. However when it evolved, it's name reverted to the default name of Gabite and now she can't rename it. :( Is this a glitch? Has anyone else encountered it? I suggested she try trading it to her other game and then trading it back to see if she can re-name it then.

Oh crap, I totally forgot about that. :(
Sorry!

Thanks for the reply. The GTS being shut down is a total bummer, though. :(
I guess I'll settle for psycho shift and stored power then. Its pretty good on its own

Leaf Green help

Hello I am Z. I just recently got into pokemon again and decided I'm going to catch them all. I am 24 last I played was gold version so I'm a ways behind here. I want to play them in order of generation so I'm on leaf green first. Anyway I have two questions I know you get mew and deoxys in an event so is it at all possible to make the event take place again and if not is there any legit way to get them otherwise? I've seen people say oak gives it to you or you can get it using strength on a truck I also seen someone say in you get your PC so full of pokes you can get it. My second question is it true you can get surfing Picchu in leaf green if so how do I do it. Please don't answer unless you really know for sure. Thank you guys n gals.

Re: Leaf Green help

Hello I am Z. I just recently got into pokemon again and decided I'm going to catch them all. I am 24 last I played was gold version so I'm a ways behind here. I want to play them in order of generation so I'm on leaf green first. Anyway I have two questions I know you get mew and deoxys in an event so is it at all possible to make the event take place again and if not is there any legit way to get them otherwise? I've seen people say oak gives it to you or you can get it using strength on a truck I also seen someone say in you get your PC so full of pokes you can get it. My second question is it true you can get surfing Picchu in leaf green if so how do I do it. Please don't answer unless you really know for sure. Thank you guys n gals.

In order to trigger the event, one had to go to certain stores irl for a limited time and get a special ticket/map, which would you would then take you to a special island were they appeared. These events don't exist anymore, and the only way to receive these Pokémon legitimately are events currently taking place or will take place in the future for XY, the current pair of games.

Hi all, it's been a while since I posted on the forum, life had to get in the way of my Pokemon sessions :(.

During the amount of time I spent here and there on Pokemon X, I've managed to create a team of IV + EV trained Pokemon. However I think I should have looked into some key aspects before I started -

I failed to realise that it is all about the team, not individual Pokemon. I bread and trained some of my favourite Pokemon, but they just don't click - three examples of this being Cloyster, Gengar, and Aerodactyl. They just do not work together at all.

Does everyone else look at the team as a whole before breeding/training?

Hi all, it's been a while since I posted on the forum, life had to get in the way of my Pokemon sessions :(.

During the amount of time I spent here and there on Pokemon X, I've managed to create a team of IV + EV trained Pokemon. However I think I should have looked into some key aspects before I started -

I failed to realise that it is all about the team, not individual Pokemon. I bread and trained some of my favourite Pokemon, but they just don't click - three examples of this being Cloyster, Gengar, and Aerodactyl. They just do not work together at all.

Most everyone does, but I think this question would be more fit for the Bulbagarden Battle Center
You can read a bunch of RMTs (Rate My Team) there which will probably help you as well

The people there know very well what they're doing :)

Most everyone does, but I think this question would be more fit for the Bulbagarden Battle Center
You can read a bunch of RMTs (Rate My Team) there which will probably help you as well

The people there know very well what they're doing :)

Thanks Paleo :)

Do Zygarde and Mewtwo respawn if you faint them by accident?

Also to get the Oval Charm you need to see not catch everything in the Kalos Dex right?

In Gen VI, when your non-nicknamed foreign Pokemon evolves, they lose their foreign names in favor of local ones.

I had a Japanese Houndour all the way from Gen IV (English HGSS) transferred to Gen VI. I evolved it, and while it did change names, it changed to Houndoom's Japanese name. I'm wondering what's going on or if anyone had something similar happen. I'm going to try to replicate it if I have Gen IV foreign Pokemon, but chances are I don't other than this guy.

Oval Charm you can just see everything in Kalos Dex, yep. Also, I believe if those two faint you have to beat the Elite four again, but not 100% sure.

Re: Leaf Green help

In order to trigger the event, one had to go to certain stores irl for a limited time and get a special ticket/map, which would you would then take you to a special island were they appeared. These events don't exist anymore, and the only way to receive these Pokémon legitimately are events currently taking place or will take place in the future for XY, the current pair of games.

And for Surfing Pichu, you'll need a copy of Pokémon Box: Ruby and Sapphire. Then, you'll need to deposit 1499 Pokémon into the game from one cartridge. It's a bit of work, but it's still possible to do so (you'll also get a nice Swablu, Zigzagoon, and Skitty in the process). More details here.

So I'm trying to finish Pokemon Ruby, and all I have left to do is the Elite 4. But I am SICK of grinding. I know the highest-leveled Pokemon is Steven's level 58 Metagross. So here's my team:

Aggron level 52
Ninetales level 52
Breloom level 52
Gardevoir level 53
Swampert level 53
Altaria level 60

Would I be able to get through the Elite 4 without too much trouble? Or do I need to keep grinding?

So I'm trying to finish Pokemon Ruby, and all I have left to do is the Elite 4. But I am SICK of grinding. I know the highest-leveled Pokemon is Steven's level 58 Metagross. So here's my team:

Aggron level 52
Ninetales level 52
Breloom level 52
Gardevoir level 53
Swampert level 53
Altaria level 60

Would I be able to get through the Elite 4 without too much trouble? Or do I need to keep grinding?

As far as levels go, your team is probably OK to try to take them on (especially considering you'll still gain experience from battling them, so some of your team will probably gain levels). It would also depend on the moves you taught them, but as long as you have decent coverage, it should be fine.

You might have a little trouble with Glacia, depending on how fast your Ninetales and Breloom are. Two-thirds of your team are weak to either Water or Ice; while I don't think you should switch out any members of your team, just know that you might need to micromanage that battle a bit more.

If all else fails, keep in mind that unless you completely die on Sidney's first Pokémon, you will get experience from the battles, and you can always try again if you don't make it the first time. Also, Revives, Max Potions, and Full Restores are your friends.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom