• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Does the Wifi being discontinued for Gen 5 affect Dream Radar in any way? I only recently got White 2 and I want Dream Radar, but I also don't want to potentially waste 3 Bucks (10 technically, since I need to put money on my account; I wish I could just put 5 bucks on it).

Does the Wifi being discontinued for Gen 5 affect Dream Radar in any way? I only recently got White 2 and I want Dream Radar, but I also don't want to potentially waste 3 Bucks (10 technically, since I need to put money on my account; I wish I could just put 5 bucks on it).
If I remember correctly that doesnt use the wi-fi connection so it's unaffected.

As far as levels go, your team is probably OK to try to take them on (especially considering you'll still gain experience from battling them, so some of your team will probably gain levels). It would also depend on the moves you taught them, but as long as you have decent coverage, it should be fine.

You might have a little trouble with Glacia, depending on how fast your Ninetales and Breloom are. Two-thirds of your team are weak to either Water or Ice; while I don't think you should switch out any members of your team, just know that you might need to micromanage that battle a bit more.

If all else fails, keep in mind that unless you completely die on Sidney's first Pokémon, you will get experience from the battles, and you can always try again if you don't make it the first time. Also, Revives, Max Potions, and Full Restores are your friends.

Thanks for answering. I managed to get through the Elite 4 without much trouble. You were right about gaining a couple levels from those battles. Oh and I forgot to mention that Gardevoir knows Thunderbolt, so I used Gardevoir for Glacia's two Sealeos and Walrein, and Ninetales for her two Glalies.

If I remember correctly that doesnt use the wi-fi connection so it's unaffected.

I really wish I had gotten back into pokemon when this stuff was brand new ahahaha

Thank you!

Re: Simple Questions Simple Answers (XY Edition)

Today I thought I completed the National dex, I have seen and caught everything, the Pokedex says so and when I save my game it also says I have 718 in my dex. But for some reason when I go to the professor he just says that I have 716 in it and am near completion, is this a glitch or something? I did obtain the last two Pokemon today so does he wait for the next day?

On another note if you defeat Xerneas/Yveltal in the Team Flare hideout does it never return?

On another note if you defeat Xerneas/Yveltal in the Team Flare hideout does it never return?
It actually revives and stays there until you catch it, much like Reshiram/Zekrom in Black/White. Not sure what would happen if all Boxes are full at the moment of the battle (The only way you could bypass catching the Dragon in BW).

Please Help

I haven't played Y in a while since it got corrupted.Never trust action replay.It has been corrupted since April fool's day (haha,very funny) and I can't uncorrupt it.I tried what all the people did but it won't work?

Re: Please Help

I haven't played Y in a while since it got corrupted.Never trust action replay.It has been corrupted since April fool's day (haha,very funny) and I can't uncorrupt it.I tried what all the people did but it won't work?

Not sure how it could be fixed. Is it possible for you to delete the save file and restart? If not Im not sure if the game can be fixed sad to say.

Re: Please Help

Not sure how it could be fixed. Is it possible for you to delete the save file and restart? If not Im not sure if the game can be fixed sad to say.
it said it can if you extract your Sd card data on to a computer and back it will work but I don't know how to.

Okay, I just noticed that my Woobat's ability is Klutz (which prevents it from using held items). Does this mean that the Soothe Bell I gave it won't have any effect? >.>

Okay, I just noticed that my Woobat's ability is Klutz (which prevents it from using held items). Does this mean that the Soothe Bell I gave it won't have any effect? >.>

It can't use any items in battle, but it doesn't need to use items like Soothe Bell and Odd Insence for these items to take effect

So yeah, your Soothe Bell still does its job :thumbup:

Ah, okay. I wasn't sure exactly how the Klutz ability worked. But I'm glad I didn't give it the Soothe Bell for nothing. :p

It can't use any items in battle, but it doesn't need to use items like Soothe Bell and Odd Insence for these items to take effect

So yeah, your Soothe Bell still does its job :thumbup:

Why does the ability Klutz even exist?

Good point. I suppose it would also be helpful to mess up a Tracer. Like Gardevoir.

I know it's common but personally I use Klutz lopunny to cripple fast rival 'mons with lagging tail or choice items for walls.

A Question About Super Secret Training

I was wondering if anyone had figured out how Super Secret Training determines what item you get. Does it have to do with the second you finish on of the overkill you score on the last shot? I want to grind PP UP's and wondered if there was a secret to it.

Re: A Question About Super Secret Training

1. Simple Question/Answer Thread

2. Its random.

I've never had a Pokemon infected with Pokerus in my Y game heal such that it gets that purple face icon. When the Pokerus is gone, no trace indicates that my Pokemon had it previously, allowing to be able to contract the virus again. Is this normal this gen?

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom