• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions Simple Answers (XY Edition)

Soo... can Conkeldurr learn Ice Punch and Knock Off in X and Y? Was working on breeding requests and this one has me completely baffled. :x

Soo... can Conkeldurr learn Ice Punch and Knock Off in X and Y? Was working on breeding requests and this one has me completely baffled. :x
Unfortunately nope. What makes no sense is that he can breed with Hariyama but can't get Knock Off from him (even though Timburr can learn it from the B/W2 tutor) but Machamp can, also Conkeldurr and Hariyama can both breed with Hitmonchan but can't get Ice Punch from him but Machamp can.

In summary GF likes Machamp more than Conkeldurr and Hariyama.

Oh yeah, you aren't SOL. You go to the Weather Institute to find the Route one of the two Pokemon resides, then the other one after you catch the first one. It isn't based on time but the number of steps you take, so the clock battery being dry will be no problem.

Thank you so much! That news makes me very happy indeed :) It doesn't cost a lot to replace the batteries [there's like a five pack of the batteries on Amazon for five bucks, and a triwing screwdriver's only about a buck on its own; both seem to have free shipping], but I was mildly terrified of destroying my cart in the process ^_^

There's a video game shop near where I live, and this dude who works there had experience with repairing the carts and fixed mine. Maybe there is a video game shop around where you live.

Can you withdraw Pokémon from your bank to a different cartridge than the one used to store them?

Can you withdraw Pokémon from your bank to a different cartridge than the one used to store them?

You can only withdraw Pokemon from Pokemon Bank into any Pokemon X or Pokemon Y version. Once it leaves BW or BW2 it's gone from those games.

You can only withdraw Pokemon from Pokemon Bank into any Pokemon X or Pokemon Y version. Once it leaves BW or BW2 it's gone from those games.

Oh I knew about it not being backward compatible [it only warns you like five times for every transfer ^_^]. Mostly I wanted to know because I'm thinking of restarting my copy of Y, or selling my Y and buying X instead. Not sure which yet. I just wanted to know that I'll be able to get my collection back. As long as it's *any* X or Y, that means I'll be fine. Much thanks!

As long as it's *any* X or Y, that means I'll be fine. Much thanks!
Your Pokemon Bank account is tied to your NNID, not the actual games. For example, I have a physical Pokemon Y and digital Pokemon X, and I can use Bank to transfer between them (though it doesn't count as a trade).

Hello. I'm wondering about moveset for Hitmonlee, this is what it looks like on the paper so far:
* Endure
* Reversal
* Substitute
* Focus Punch

Now I'd like to know if it even makes sense to have both Endure&Reversal/Substitute&Focus Punch or rather just either. Thanks...

Sliggoo evolves when you level it up in the rain after a certain level is passed. Does this mean you can use a Rare Candy on a Sliggoo in the rain and it will evolve?

(please say yes please say yes please say yes)

Oh I knew about it not being backward compatible [it only warns you like five times for every transfer ^_^]. Mostly I wanted to know because I'm thinking of restarting my copy of Y, or selling my Y and buying X instead. Not sure which yet. I just wanted to know that I'll be able to get my collection back. As long as it's *any* X or Y, that means I'll be fine. Much thanks!

If you have the Blazikenite Torchic, you might want to think carefully about that decision. Bank doesn't allow the transfer of items, so if restart, you will lose the Event Pokémon/Blazikenite item.

Sliggoo evolves when you level it up in the rain after a certain level is passed. Does this mean you can use a Rare Candy on a Sliggoo in the rain and it will evolve?

Yes, good places to catch rain are Kilode, Couriway Town, Route 18 and Route 19 as well as Laverre City. Good luck

Yes but it needs to be at least level 50

If you have the Blazikenite Torchic, you might want to think carefully about that decision. Bank doesn't allow the transfer of items, so if restart, you will lose the Event Pokémon/Blazikenite item.

I don't have the Torchic, but I have items covered anyway – a friend of mine bred up thirty Polar Vivillons to trade my way so I could send my items to his game for safekeeping [not about to give up my Mega Stones, Amulet Coin or my Lucky Egg ^_^]. Thanks for the warning though :)

New question #1: is there any way to get the PSS to stop nagging me to try new things? Especially when it thinks I need to try out Wonder Trade or the GTS... between the two I've used them just shy of 180 times [I keep every Wonder Trade or GTS 'mon I've gotten and I've nearly filled six boxes of the things]. It also keeps wanting me to fill out my profile survey, when I've answered every question. It's kind of obnoxious that it keeps nagging me like this and I would love for it to stop.

New question #2: is there some reason HM moves no longer seem to pass down to the child from the parent? I was breeding Hawluchas, and *both* Hawlucha parents know Fly. The children all lack Fly and instead have some of their level 1 moves instead. No idea why :( According to the Bulbapedia article, mothers or fathers both can pass down TM/HM moves, and mothers' moves take priority... but it seems exceptionally odd that they would cancel each other out if they both know the move.

Last edited:

New question #1: is there any way to get the PSS to stop nagging me to try new things? Especially when it thinks I need to try out Wonder Trade or the GTS... between the two I've used them just shy of 180 times [I keep every Wonder Trade or GTS 'mon I've gotten and I've nearly filled six boxes of the things]. It also keeps wanting me to fill out my profile survey, when I've answered every question. It's kind of obnoxious that it keeps nagging me like this and I would love for it to stop.

New question #2: is there some reason HM moves no longer seem to pass down to the child from the parent? I was breeding Hawluchas, and *both* Hawlucha parents know Fly. The children all lack Fly and instead have some of their level 1 moves instead. No idea why :( According to the Bulbapedia article, mothers or fathers both can pass down TM/HM moves, and mothers' moves take priority... but it seems exceptionally odd that they would cancel each other out if they both know the move.

1. I wish there was a way to turn that off too, but I don't think there is. I just switch to super training whenever I'm not actually using the PSS to avoid those messages.

2. It's just a guess, but if HM moves aren't passed down anymore, maybe it's in case you didn't want the children to have that move. That way, you don't have to go to the move deleter.

Are Sneasel and Houndour compatible breeding partners?

Possibly stupid question, but are Friend Safari Pokémon more likely to be shiny? I heard this from a friend.

Possibly stupid question, but are Friend Safari Pokémon more likely to be shiny? I heard this from a friend.

Yes, Pokemon in the friend safari have a higher chance of being shiny.

Best Story for Pokémon Ruby?

Hey All,
I'm going back old school and playing the games from the earlier Gens and trying to bring them up. I only ever played Blue, so I have no idea which Pokémon would be best for any version after.

Any suggestions for starters for Ruby? I know there are two story lines from what I heard. One starter better for Ruby and another for Sapphire and another for Emerald?

Thanks,
ShatterSt0rm

Just a quick question regarding Sunny Day effects if anyone can help - During the five turns of sun provided by Sunny Day, is the damage inflicted on an opponent by Fire Spin's after effects boosted, as well as the direct damage caused by Fire Spin, or will the direct damage done be the only boosted damage?

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom