• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (XY Edition)

How exactly do I become a Grand Duke/Duchess in the Battle Chateau? Going by Bulbapedia's list, I've battled every single trainer from each of the 5 ranks below Grand Duke/Duchess, and I've battled all of the Gym Leaders and Elite Four in the Chateau. Is there something I'm missing, like a requirement for a certain amount of time to pass or something?

I'm pretty sure that's all that's needed. After that, all you need to do is exit and reenter the building and you should be given the cutscene that promotes you to Grand Duke/Duchess.

Are you sure you got everyone?

I got the rank eventually, so I guess I forgot someone.

New question, exactly when does Remoraid have to be in your party to evolve Mantyke into Mantine? I was battling, with the Exp. Share turned on, and both Remoraid and Mantyke leveled up. Right after the battle ended, Remoraid evolved into Octillery, but Mantyke did not evolve. Technically, I had a Remoraid in my party when Mantyke leveled up, but I guess it didn't work because I no longer had a Remoraid when it came time for Mantyke's evolution?

Now I have to go catch a new Remoraid, but it's interesting to think that if I had placed Mantyke before Remoraid in my party, Mantyke would have evolved first and saved me this trouble.

New question, exactly when does Remoraid have to be in your party to evolve Mantyke into Mantine? I was battling, with the Exp. Share turned on, and both Remoraid and Mantyke leveled up. Right after the battle ended, Remoraid evolved into Octillery, but Mantyke did not evolve. Technically, I had a Remoraid in my party when Mantyke leveled up, but I guess it didn't work because I no longer had a Remoraid when it came time for Mantyke's evolution?

Now I have to go catch a new Remoraid, but it's interesting to think that if I had placed Mantyke before Remoraid in my party, Mantyke would have evolved first and saved me this trouble.

That is correct, I believe this question was brought up a couple of months ago and it was confirmed that you have to have a Remoraid in your party until after Mantyke's evolution finishes. If I recall correctly, they actually did the same exact thing as you and had Remoraid ahead of Mantyke. XD

Odds of wild Pokémon fleeing from battle?

(Hopefully this is in the right section)

So there are some Pokémon that can flee from you in G/S/C...including some that you won't ever actually encounter in the wild sans cheating, like Eevee, Umbreon, Porygon, Togetic, and the Legendary Birds.

Does anybody have an idea of the percentage that those ones were programmed to flee? The odds for ones like Teddiursa and Tangela are floating around, but -- a bit strangely, given that hypotheticals for other stuff get brought up -- it seems no one's bothered to mention the others'. :confused:

I tried to release my starter in Pokemon Emerald and it came back. It only had Pound,Leer and Absorb,moves that according to Bulbapedia are/were not HMs. Bulbapedia doesn't state that you can't release your starters in Emerald neither does it state that one of these moves cause a Pokemon to not be releasable. Is that normal?

Edit: Never mind,I have solved this problem.

Last edited:

I've read that genderless Pokémon can be bred with hidden abilities for their offspring to have hidden abilities in X and Y. Can these offspring be hatched in Dream Balls?
No, only a (genuinely) female Pokemon can pass down its ball type, so genderless Mons always get the plain Poke Ball.

Can a gen V game can be linked to two pokemon banks? Cause I want to transfer my gen IV pokemons on my friends White (since I don't have that) and from there he will transfer his pokemons into his bank and mine into my bank.

Can a gen V game can be linked to two pokemon banks? Cause I want to transfer my gen IV pokemons on my friends White (since I don't have that) and from there he will transfer his pokemons into his bank and mine into my bank.

Yes a Generation V game can connect to two Pokémon Banks. At least one of my Generation V games has connected to 3 Pokémon Banks so far which are my friend's and both of my 3DSes' Pokémon Banks.

You can't breed Baton Pass onto Eevee?

I just bred two Eevees, both of whom know Baton Pass, and their children don't know Baton Pass! I know it's not an egg move, but I thought if both parents know a level-up-obtained move, their children will have it o_O

Re: You can't breed Baton Pass onto Eevee?

I just bred two Eevees, both of whom know Baton Pass, and their children don't know Baton Pass! I know it's not an egg move, but I thought if both parents know a level-up-obtained move, their children will have it o_O

That does seem odd. What moves did the children have when they hatched?

What moves did the parents know? Now that both the father AND mother can pass down moves in Gen VI, it's possible for the baby to inherit more than four moves, in which case what it actually knows when hatching will be decided in roughly this (higher priority first) order:
1- Mother's egg moves
2- Father's egg moves
3- Shared Level-up moves
4- Default starting moveset

So, if your mother has 4 egg moves the baby will always inherit them regardless of father; if the breeding pair has 4 (or more) egg moves between them, level-up moves will be ignored.

What moves did the parents know? Now that both the father AND mother can pass down moves in Gen VI, it's possible for the baby to inherit more than four moves, in which case what it actually knows when hatching will be decided in roughly this (higher priority first) order:
1- Mother's egg moves
2- Father's egg moves
3- Shared Level-up moves
4- Default starting moveset

So, if your mother has 4 egg moves the baby will always inherit them regardless of father; if the breeding pair has 4 (or more) egg moves between them, level-up moves will be ignored.

That must've been it, I suppose. No, wait. They have...

Tackle
Tail Whip
Wish
Stored Power

Baton Pass should've overwritten Tackle or Tail Whip, since those are just default starting moves and neither parent had them. o_O

Man, this is gonna be annoying, trying to get BP onto an Eevee with all these move-passing shenanigans.

*sigh*

Man, this is gonna be annoying, trying to get BP onto an Eevee with all these move-passing shenanigans.
You gotta get yourself a Smeargle, mate. Take one into any Double Battle (Cafe Nah will do just fine for this) and have them Sketch the desired move(s) off their battle partner. Then breed away.

What does POKERUS mean???

Got a lv 1 Cyndaquil in a wondertrade and under its picture it says POKERUS. Thanks for the info.

Ray

Re: What does POKERUS mean???

Got a lv 1 Cyndaquil in a wondertrade and under its picture it says POKERUS. Thanks for the info.

Ray
Pokerus is like a virus your Pokemon gets. You can get it from battling a wild Pokemon(which is really rare) or catching a Pokemon that has it. It is good for a Pokemon to have because it doubles the EVs a Pokemon earns each time it beats a Pokemon in battle so it makes EV training easy, other than that though, it doesnt do anything. Its a good idea to keep the Pokerus Pokemon in your PC and give it to a few other Pokemon by having it in your party and walking around and having a few wild battles so you'll always have it if you need to EV train any Pokemon. It will go away after a day unless you keep the Pokemon that has it in the PC.

Re: Older Games: Simple Questions Thread

So around the time Pokemon Bank came out, of course I tried to get on White so I could move my Pokemon over, and I saw THIS:

XFw98Ms.png

Any ideas as to what this is, and if I can fix it without an action replay? And if this is in the wrong place then feel free to move it, haven't been around here in a while.

Once a Legendary Bird is stationary in the Sea Spirit's Den can the nature of the Pokémon be different each time the player attempts to catch it?

Yes, you can reset for natures and Hidden Powers. Using Synchronise can help you get the nature you want.

If you raise a Pokemon to Level 100, and then go online/Battle Maison with it, since it gets reduced to Level 50, what happen to the stats? Do they get cut in half? Stay the same? What about the EVs?

I suppose the broader question is, is there really a point to leveling a Pokemon up to 100?

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom