• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (XY Edition)

If you raise a Pokemon to Level 100, and then go online/Battle Maison with it, since it gets reduced to Level 50, what happen to the stats? Do they get cut in half? Stay the same? What about the EVs?

I suppose the broader question is, is there really a point to leveling a Pokemon up to 100?
Nope, there's no point in leveling to 100, the lvl 50 stats are the same regardless of the level the pokemon is after 50.

If you raise a Pokemon to Level 100, and then go online/Battle Maison with it, since it gets reduced to Level 50, what happen to the stats? Do they get cut in half? Stay the same? What about the EVs?

I suppose the broader question is, is there really a point to leveling a Pokemon up to 100?
Nope, there's no point in leveling to 100, the lvl 50 stats are the same regardless of the level the pokemon is after 50.

Towards your original question, the stats will be recalculated as if the Pokémon was Lv. 50 instead of Lv. 100, based on the stat calculation formula on this page. They will essentially be halved as you thought. EVs and IVs will stay the same, but their impact on the stat will be halved (again, due to the formula).

So yes, if you are raising Pokémon to battle the Maison or go online, leveling them up to Lv. 100 is not necessary. It would only matter that you got them to Lv. 50 and that they have all the EVs they need.

Pokemon White - HP randomly increasing without level up.

Hi all.

I'm pretty noobish when it comes to the Pokemon series. I picked up White a while ago and am almost done with the main story.

I decided to revisit the previous routes to catch the Pokemon that I had missed along the way. I noticed while I was wandering outside pinwheel Forrest that my Leavanny's HP had increased by a few even though she had not gained a level. I kept an eye on this and noticed the max HP was increasing by 1 point every few battles. I've never noticed anything like this before. Can anyone explain?

Re: Pokemon White - HP randomly increasing without level up.

Hi all.

I'm pretty noobish when it comes to the Pokemon series. I picked up White a while ago and am almost done with the main story.

I decided to revisit the previous routes to catch the Pokemon that I had missed along the way. I noticed while I was wandering outside pinwheel Forrest that my Leavanny's HP had increased by a few even though she had not gained a level. I kept an eye on this and noticed the max HP was increasing by 1 point every few battles. I've never noticed anything like this before. Can anyone explain?

It sounds like your Leavanny was gaining HP EVs from it's battles. Effort values (EVs) are special stat modifiers you get from defeating other Pokémon in battle. Different Pokémon will give different EVs (for example, defeating a Pidove will give your Pokémon 1 Attack EV, while defeating a Sewaddle will give your Pokémon 1 Defense EV). After each battle, your Pokémon's stats are recalculated based on the number of EVs they have obtained, using this formula.

While it's hard to fully explain what EVs will do for stats, know that the more EVs your Pokémon has for a specific stat, the higher that stat will be when compared to other Pokémon of the same species (in general, there's some other factors that play a role as well).

If you want to read up on EVs more, I suggest checking out the Bulbapedia page.

Diamond - Pokemon Y Transfer

Please can somebody help me. I have a complete pokedex in Diamond and I recently started playing Pokemon Y. Is there any way I can transfer my pokemon across?

I have a DSi and 3DS XL, I can set up an unsecured wi-fi network to get Diamond on line.

i also have a copy of Black 2 if that helps and I have PokeBank on the 3DS.

Its a real shame if there is no way to move them over because it was quite an effort to collect the full Dex in the first instance.

Re: Pokemon White - HP randomly increasing without level up.

Awesome info. I will go read the page you linked now.

Thanks so much!

Re: Diamond - Pokemon Y Transfer

Since you already have Pokemon Black 2 and you want to transfer Pokemon from Diamond to Pokemon Y, you'll have to transfer them through Pokemon Black 2 first and then then use the Pokemon transporter to get them into Pokemon Y through Pokebank.

Re: Diamond - Pokemon Y Transfer

I haven't done so myself, but I believe that you might be able to do so via Black2. You have to go to the lab in Black2 and arrange for contact between Diamond and Black2. Then you should be able to trade your mons over if you follow the orders the game gives you. When you have your mons in Black2, you can use the Pokémover to send them to Y. However, as i haven't done so myself, I cannot tell you the details. For details you can either search for instructions on the net or you can ask someone in the "simple questions - simple answers"-thread which I think you should have done from the beginning either way as that is the thread for questions in any form. And I hope that the mods don't get angry at me for "backseat-modding"...

So, on the german pokewiki page for Pokemon Bank and Pokemover it says that pokemon that have been caught via tweaking can't be transferred via pokemover. However on the bulbapedia page that's not mentioned. So first of all, are you able to transfer "tweaked" pokemons? And if you're not, how does the game know that you didn't use the legit way to get to the pokemon? It's caught in a legit battle at it's original spot afterall, it's only the way to it that's not legit.

So, on the german pokewiki page for Pokemon Bank and Pokemover it says that pokemon that have been caught via tweaking can't be transferred via pokemover. However on the bulbapedia page that's not mentioned. So first of all, are you able to transfer "tweaked" pokemons? And if you're not, how does the game know that you didn't use the legit way to get to the pokemon? It's caught in a legit battle at it's original spot afterall, it's only the way to it that's not legit.
Because a sufficiently-well-fabricated Pokemon can be made 100% indistinguishable from a legitimate one (not to mention the subject of clones, where each copy by itself looks 100% legitimate), Pokemon Bank basically looks for "red flags". Illegal moves/ability, EV totals, etc. It can also evaluate the Pokemon's metadata (caught location/level, ball type, etc.) to see if anything appears suspicious.

There are a lot of tales about specific Pokemon being allowed / prohibited by Bank that don't actually match whether they're legit. For example, Hall of Origin Arceus (requiring the Azure Flute) was never released, and people say it's not allowed into Bank, but there have also been many shots of Pokemon with falsified caught game/location information being allowed through just fine.

One of my friends is showing up online in my friend list, but not on my friend safari. What's the issue? Sorry if someone has already asked this.

One of my friends is showing up online in my friend list, but not on my friend safari. What's the issue? Sorry if someone has already asked this.
If you have added them, then the Safari should be there. Is it possible that you overlooked their Nintendo ID looking for their Pokemon In-Game Name?

If you have added them, then the Safari should be there. Is it possible that you overlooked their Nintendo ID looking for their Pokemon In-Game Name?

The safari itself is there, but the image is still a "?" even though the friends list says he's online. I did start a new game after registering him. Could that have something to do with it?

The safari itself is there, but the image is still a "?" even though the friends list says he's online. I did start a new game after registering him. Could that have something to do with it?

Okay, so they are there but you can't access their 3rd Safari Pokemon. That means you both need to be online on Pokemon at the same time. (Might need to be fact-checked about being on Pokemon)

If they do not have Pokemon, you will not be able to get the last one. Even if is question mark you will be able to enter their Safari though for the first two.

Okay, so they are there but you can't access their 3rd Safari Pokemon. That means you both need to be online on Pokemon at the same time. (Might need to be fact-checked about being on Pokemon)

I guess that would make sense because I know he has the game. Thanks.

I guess that would make sense because I know he has the game. Thanks.

They have to be playing Pokemon XY (which you can tell from your 3DS Friends list) and have XY connected to the Internet (which you can't). Otherwise, if they're playing the game in 'offline' mode they will appear offline on your PSS.

Zigzagoon's always a good pick, even though it's rarer in Emerald at the start of the game.

Yeah, unless you don't want to waste your Mudkip as an HM slave, in which case I would get a Tentacool, maybe, for later in the game.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom