• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (XY Edition)

Since it is a TM, it will not work. I would however, just reteach it to the newly hatched Gastly or if you do not have the TM ask someone to do it for you in a trade. I am sure there will be people willing to help.

alright, i hope the hoenn remakes ones allow tm passdowns

appreciate the help!

HELP WITH TRADING

Hi guys :D I'm new here and this is my first post, So it may not be the best and i may not even be in the right place! So sorry in advance...

I was just wondering, could someone please help me? I have 2 gameboy advance SPs, pokemon yellow and blue. Im using a Gameboy advance link cable, and i cant seem to trade pokemon, infact it doesnt even connect it just says 'this place is reserved for 2 friends using a link cable' or something. I got told i must use a gameboy colour link cable? is that true?

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Kind regards

Humza

Since it is a TM, it will not work. I would however, just reteach it to the newly hatched Gastly or if you do not have the TM ask someone to do it for you in a trade. I am sure there will be people willing to help.

alright, i hope the hoenn remakes ones allow tm passdowns

appreciate the help!

I think the main reason that they took out passing down TM moves is that it isn't really necessary anymore. Before, when TMs were single-use, breeding them was a way to extend their usage. But now that TMs are infinite-use, people can just reteach the TM to a Pokémon without having to go through the trouble of passing it on through breeding.

In any case, if you want the Sludge Bomb TM, it's on the north side of the route between Couriway and Snowbelle (it does require Surf to access).

Is there any way in X I can see Gorebyss? I just want to be able to search for it on the GTS.

Is there any way in X I can see Gorebyss? I just want to be able to search for it on the GTS.

On the list where you choose a Pokemon's name, there's a selection where you can manually put down the Pokemon you want to look for.

Re: HELP WITH TRADING

Hi guys :D I'm new here and this is my first post, So it may not be the best and i may not even be in the right place! So sorry in advance...

I was just wondering, could someone please help me? I have 2 gameboy advance SPs, pokemon yellow and blue. Im using a Gameboy advance link cable, and i cant seem to trade pokemon, infact it doesnt even connect it just says 'this place is reserved for 2 friends using a link cable' or something. I got told i must use a gameboy colour link cable? is that true?

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Kind regards

Humza
You need to use a Gameboy Colour link cable, trading between Gen 1 games doesn't work with a Gameboy Advance link cable even if you are using a Gameboy Advance.

Re: Simple Questions Simple Answers (XY Edition)

I got a Riolu evolving problem. It won't evolve. Yes, I understand how it's supposed to evolve. During the day with high/max happiness.

Here is my who situation:
I transferred it from Pokemon y to Pokemon x via Pokemon bank so it's not with its OT.

I have used powersaves before to back up saves, etc. never on this pokemon but I have given a pokemon max friendship and max affection before. Not this one.

I changed the time on the clock.

It is at maxed happiness. I checked with the breeder in Laverre City. I even caught a random pokemon and checked it's happiness to make sure that powersaves didn't jack up my game and give all pokemon max happiness. The caught pokemon did not have max happiness.

The way I gave it max happiness was by biking around the tower in lumiose city.

I've tried leveling it with both rare candies and battling.

Times attempted 3:30pm NDS time (after changing the clock). Putting it back to normal time and doing it at 4:30am NDS, and at 7:30am. None worked.

Has anyone encountered this before? Am I missing something here?

I got a Riolu evolving problem. It won't evolve. Yes, I understand how it's supposed to evolve. During the day with high/max happiness.

I transferred it from Pokemon y to Pokemon x via Pokemon bank so it's not with its OT.

I have used powersaves before to back up saves, etc. never on this pokemon but I have given a pokemon max friendship and max affection before. Not this one.

It is at maxed happiness. I checked with the breeder in Laverre City. I even caught a random pokemon and checked it's happiness to make sure that powersaves didn't jack up my game and give all pokemon max happiness. The caught pokemon did not have max happiness.

Times attempted 3:30pm NDS time (after changing the clock). Putting it back to normal time and doing it at 4:30am NDS, and at 7:30am. None worked.

Have you tried battling with it?

Have you tried battling with it?

Yes. Leveled with both battling and rare candies.

I think I found the solution to my problem. A guy on gamefaqs said he transfered them back through the bank to the origin game so it has the OT and the pokemon evolved. I did the same and it works.

What I'm going to do it catch one in my x and attempt to use the OT trick. If it works, I know that is the problem. If not, powersaves jacked up my game which is fine. I'll deal with it. :(

How can you tell the Pumpkaboo sizes apart? I noticed that the wild Pumpkaboo I randomly caught in the wild months ago looked to be the same size as my event one.

How can you tell the Pumpkaboo sizes apart? I noticed that the wild Pumpkaboo I randomly caught in the wild months ago looked to be the same size as my event one.

It takes practice ... a lot of practice. You can compare them easily in the PC (just stick two side by side and compare), but in the wild you just have to learn.

Is it already known how to get the shiny Beldum in ORAS?

Bulbapedia said:
This*Shiny*Beldum will be distributed via the Nintendo Network from November 21, 2014 to January 14, 2015.

It will be an online distribution like the Torchic for XY.

I know you can buy the two Mega Stones of the Kanto starters you didn't choose at the Stone Emporium, but can you only buy one of each, or can you buy multiples? Like, can I buy four of five Charizardite X's?

I know you can buy the two Mega Stones of the Kanto starters you didn't choose at the Stone Emporium, but can you only buy one of each, or can you buy multiples? Like, can I buy four of five Charizardite X's?
He only sells one of each per game. They follow the Megastone rule of thumb of being unique items.

He only sells one of each per game. They follow the Megastone rule of thumb of being unique items.

Dag. Well, I guess on the bright side, my teenage nephew tends to play through Pokemon games, not touch them for a few months, then come back and restart his file, so if I intercept him inbetween playthroughs I may be able to transfer over some extras, heh.

Hey, I really need help with the Pokestar Studios in Black 2. I'm doing Red Fog 3, and for some strange reason, Prop C2 gets a critical hit on me on every single filming session, mainly on Scene 03-04. Thus I can't complete the good ending. Is that critical hit scripted, or does it just have a high hit rate? (I really wish I was able to use Medicine for the filming battles - or at least have critical hits not occur in such session.) Is there any way I can do something about this???

Use Protect in those scenes (I think)

Hey, I really need help with the Pokestar Studios in Black 2. I'm doing Red Fog 3, and for some strange reason, Prop C2 gets a critical hit on me on every single filming session, mainly on Scene 03-04. Thus I can't complete the good ending. Is that critical hit scripted, or does it just have a high hit rate? (I really wish I was able to use Medicine for the filming battles - or at least have critical hits not occur in such session.) Is there any way I can do something about this???

Use Protect in those scenes (I think)

Thanks. I've tried it just as an experiment, and it worked. Seriously, I wish they'll just cut out critical hits for the filming, or just stop the filming altogether when a CH does happen, say an accident happened, and start over.

So my girlfriend has a DS but doesn't have any good games for it so I offered to get her into Pokemon and lend or give her one of my Gen IV or V games since I wiped almost all of them in favor of focusing on 3DS games and onward from now on, so I was wondering, which game would be a good one for a teenage girl to start with?

I have every game since R/S so availability isn't an issue, and I don't want to give her an incomplete story like Diamond or Pearl, in favor of the third version and more complete Sinnoh game, Platinum.

So it's basically between:

-Platinum
-SoulSilver (I'm using my HeartGold)
-B/W
-B2/W2

Any thoughts, opinions on this?

Edit: Oh! I almost forgot, since she has a standard DS Lite, she could also get a Gen III game. I'm using FireRed but I wiped the rest, so she could start with Emerald or LeafGreen too?

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom