• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (XY Edition)

Is there a thread for friend safari codes somewhere here?

Ok so I don't know if I missed an announcement or something but for my son and I we can't get on the GTS or wonder trade tonight. Is something going on with nintendo or whoever hosts the servers? Right now it is 10:30pm PST but this has been going on since about 7:30.

Dom

Ok so I don't know if I missed an announcement or something but for my son and I we can't get on the GTS or wonder trade tonight. Is something going on with nintendo or whoever hosts the servers? Right now it is 10:30pm PST but this has been going on since about 7:30.

Dom

I got a message that they were down for maitiness. My guess that Nintendo WiFi crashed or something. It's up now, I used GTS this morning.

Yea I found it was available to me too this morning. None of the error messages I got said anything about maintenance, just that there was an error and I could not connect to the Internet.

Dom

So my girlfriend has a DS but doesn't have any good games for it so I offered to get her into Pokemon and lend or give her one of my Gen IV or V games since I wiped almost all of them in favor of focusing on 3DS games and onward from now on, so I was wondering, which game would be a good one for a teenage girl to start with?

I have every game since R/S so availability isn't an issue, and I don't want to give her an incomplete story like Diamond or Pearl, in favor of the third version and more complete Sinnoh game, Platinum.

So it's basically between:

-Platinum
-SoulSilver (I'm using my HeartGold)
-B/W
-B2/W2

Any thoughts, opinions on this?

Edit: Oh! I almost forgot, since she has a standard DS Lite, she could also get a Gen III game. I'm using FireRed but I wiped the rest, so she could start with Emerald or LeafGreen too?

I'd say Soulsilver. Can't really explain why though, it just feels very homely to me, might just be my gen 2 nostalgia though.

Okay, so forgive me for the stupid question, but I figured that if anybody knew anything about this, it'd be you folks on the Bulbagarden, so, here we go:
Is there ANYWAY, and I mean ANYWAY, to get a Pumpkaboo bred in Apricorn Balls or a Dream Ball? I've been trying to think of ways to do so, but come up empty-handed. I'd love to hatch my shiny Pumpkaboo that I've been trying for for awhile in a Moon or Love Ball, but, I can't think of any way to do so. D:
If not, then I guess the standard pokeballs for me. ;.;
Thanks!
-Jenneta

Okay, so forgive me for the stupid question, but I figured that if anybody knew anything about this, it'd be you folks on the Bulbagarden, so, here we go:
Is there ANYWAY, and I mean ANYWAY, to get a Pumpkaboo bred in Apricorn Balls or a Dream Ball? I've been trying to think of ways to do so, but come up empty-handed. I'd love to hatch my shiny Pumpkaboo that I've been trying for for awhile in a Moon or Love Ball, but, I can't think of any way to do so. D:
Thanks!
-Jenneta

No. Apricorn Balls or Dream Balls are not found in Gen 6 at all and the female Pokemon is the one who passes down the Pokeball the baby Pokemon will be in so it isnt possible.

Thanks!
-Jenneta

No. Apricorn Balls or Dream Balls are not found in Gen 6 at all and the female Pokemon is the one who passes down the Pokeball the baby Pokemon will be in so it isnt possible.
Ahhh. I predicted right. D: *sulks* Why they restricted the Pokeball-pass down to just Females, I'll never know...D:
Well, thanks Shiny Celebi for answering me so quickly! Back to breeding the regular Pokeball Pumpkaboo's for me, I guess. ;.;

So my girlfriend has a DS but doesn't have any good games for it so I offered to get her into Pokemon and lend or give her one of my Gen IV or V games since I wiped almost all of them in favor of focusing on 3DS games and onward from now on, so I was wondering, which game would be a good one for a teenage girl to start with?

I have every game since R/S so availability isn't an issue, and I don't want to give her an incomplete story like Diamond or Pearl, in favor of the third version and more complete Sinnoh game, Platinum.

So it's basically between:

-Platinum
-SoulSilver (I'm using my HeartGold)
-B/W
-B2/W2

Any thoughts, opinions on this?

Edit: Oh! I almost forgot, since she has a standard DS Lite, she could also get a Gen III game. I'm using FireRed but I wiped the rest, so she could start with Emerald or LeafGreen too?

I'd say Soulsilver. Can't really explain why though, it just feels very homely to me, might just be my gen 2 nostalgia though.

Haha finally someone answered. I could see that, I was debating SoulSilver too since it would bring her to the first two regions that started it all.

Apricorn Balls

I find it so stupid that they left out the Apricorn balls from all non-Johto games... like... why? As if it wasn't enough they keep taking away new features with every new gen, did they really have to omit these balls despite keeping every other gen's balls? Surely they could come up with some excuse to them being available like Kurt making them for sale in other regions or whatever (actually, I doubt they'd even bother to explain it, since they don't seem to have a problem with mega evo being in Hoenn a bunch of years prior to XY...)
I usually don't match balls to pkmn but some of the Apricorn Balls really did have cool designs so that's a shame...

Why they restricted the Pokeball-pass down to just Females, I'll never know...D:
Because she's the one who determines the species of the offspring? I can easily imagine that she's the one the Pokemon Day Care couple find holding on to that egg....

Last night I saw a "There is an update available for this title" thingy for X. Today, it's not showing up and I can go online without updating. Was this an error?

Also, the other day, I saw something I never had before. I was on the PSS menu, and the field icon for the mon I had active in Pokemon-Amie appeared at the top-right corner, to the right of the Internet button. This was just after exiting the PC; when I got out of the menu, there it was, Seismitoad's icon next to the Internet button. I clicked it and nothing happened. I went over to the Pokemon Amie and nothing special was going on. When I went back to the PSS menu, the Seismitoad icon was gone.

I've never experienced that. Anybody know what that was all about?

Is it possible for any event Pokemon to have perfect ivs?

Just wondering if this can happen. This question applies to any event Pokemon that has been released, such as Shiny Mega Sludge Wave Gengar.

Last night I saw a "There is an update available for this title" thingy for X. Today, it's not showing up and I can go online without updating. Was this an error?
The update is required to battle online, that much is for sure, but it probably doesn't affect other online features.

Question on IV Judge

In Y, I'm currently trying to hatch a Mudkip with some nice IV's. I found it odd when I hatched one with 5 perfect IV's; however the judge informed me the Mudkip only has "relatively superior potential." From my understanding, relatively superior means 121-150 IVs, thus this potential range is mathematically impossible for a pokemon with 5 IVs. Is there something I'm missing or this just a glitch in the game?

Re: Question on IV Judge

Maybe it's 120 to 160 now, I'll have a look.

EDIT: I think its just a miscalculation by the game.

So, I want to make a competitive Blissey.

Breeding won't be a problem, but what moves should it have?I want it to have Minimize, health restore move but the others I'm not sure about.

It's going to be a defensive wall-type.

So, I want to make a competitive Blissey.

Breeding won't be a problem, but what moves should it have?I want it to have Minimize, health restore move but the others I'm not sure about.

It's going to be a defensive wall-type.
Toxic and protect. If you want an effective wall, you typically want some type of HP-sucking move. You may want to consider ditching the minimize strategy because you'll switch Blissey out against physical attackers 99% of the time. Flamethrower is a good attack option if your Blissey has Serene Grace.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom