• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (XY Edition)

I am currently breeding Growlithes and the father is a 5IV (X/31/31/31/31/31) whilst the mother is a 6IV. Is there a faster way to get a 6IV male, or do I just have to wait in anguish?
Combine a Destiny Knot and Power Item; whichever stat isn't perfect, give the corresponding Power item to the opposite parent. Then you know that no matter what the baby will inherit 5 flawless IVs, and from there it's a 1-in-32 chance that the one they didn't inherit may just happen to be naturally perfect.

32 eggs is still a long shot, but it's far better than the 1-in-200-ish chance of breeding a 6IV baby from two 5IV parents.

Can Pokerus be cured in Pokemon X/Y??

I was recently training a Joltik and gave it full EVs in speed. When I put the game on another time I realised that my Joltik no longer had Pokerus, and it also didn't have any smiley face to show it had been "cured". I was pretty sure I had infected Joltik with Pokerus, but I reinfected Joltik with Pokerus anyway. I then gave it full EVs in Sp. Atk, but when I put the game on another time, it again lost its Pokerus (with no smiley face).

Has anyone come across this before?? I'm pretty sure all my other trained Pokemon haven't had this before, so is this normal?

I was trying the Battle Maison and managed to beat the regular Multi challenge together with Shauna, who honestly did all the work... what are my chances to beat Super Multi too (probably with Shauna again) considering I don't know/care at all about EVs/IVs/natures/anything like that? any specific pkmn I should try using? or simple enough ideas that don't require much if any work? (yes, I probably sound really lazy and I guess I am, but I just thought it'd be nice to fully complete one of the Maison challenges)

Without at least the proper EV's, I think it's impossible. An rather easy strategy for Super Singles would be a Mega Kangaskhan, an Eviolite Chansey and a Toxic Orb Gliscor with poison heal. You only have to breed / train 3 Pokemon, and at least the regular singles can be cleared with just a properly bred / trained M-Kangaskhan easily.

Does anyone know how to Sketch Memento in XY? Apparently you could do it by using Taunt in a double battle, but I just tried it in the double battle cafe in Lumiose and that didn't work, it just said Sketch failed. So I'm guessing that only applied to earlier gens.

Try targeting your partner pokemon using protect or substitute and the pokemon using memento shouldn't faint!

Thanks! I just tried it and it worked.

I am currently breeding Growlithes and the father is a 5IV (X/31/31/31/31/31) whilst the mother is a 6IV. Is there a faster way to get a 6IV male, or do I just have to wait in anguish?
Combine a Destiny Knot and Power Item; whichever stat isn't perfect, give the corresponding Power item to the opposite parent. Then you know that no matter what the baby will inherit 5 flawless IVs, and from there it's a 1-in-32 chance that the one they didn't inherit may just happen to be naturally perfect.

32 eggs is still a long shot, but it's far better than the 1-in-200-ish chance of breeding a 6IV baby from two 5IV parents.
If I remove the ever stone, though, the 6IV may turn out with a nature I don't want :/ both parents are Quirky, does that raise the chance of the offspring having that nature?

If I remove the ever stone, though, the 6IV may turn out with a nature I don't want :/ both parents are Quirky, does that raise the chance of the offspring having that nature?

I believe it does, but I really don't know so it probably needs checking by someone who does.

So I've somehow completely lost track of where to find the hidden power type calculator person in XY. Could've sworn I've looked everywhere, but... So can someone remind me where to find them please?

I believe it does, but I really don't know so it probably needs checking by someone who does.
Okay, thank you ^^

No, but if you really want 6IV and a desired Nature, you should get yourself a pair of 6IV Pokemon first, then you can ignore the Power Item because they'll be guaranteed to pass down 5 flawless IVs.

See, if you have two 5IV parents (in the same IVs as each other) then there is only a 1-in-6 chance that the baby will inherit all 5 flawless IVs.

No, but if you really want 6IV and a desired Nature, you should get yourself a pair of 6IV Pokemon first, then you can ignore the Power Item because they'll be guaranteed to pass down 5 flawless IVs.

See, if you have two 5IV parents (in the same IVs as each other) then there is only a 1-in-6 chance that the baby will inherit all 5 flawless IVs.
Okay maybe I'll try that— thanks!

When you get Diancie and those people try to get you to give you it, what happens if you select "All right…" ?

When you get Diancie and those people try to get you to give you it, what happens if you select "All right…" ?

You get a cutscene where their boss says you can keep the Diancie, saying it's more important to for someone to earn what they've got, along with relationships being more important than value.

Question regarding the GTS (the trade forum doesn't appear to have a simple questions thread so I assumed this was the place to ask):

Certain Pokemon aren't allowed to be traded over the GTS because they are "special," and one of those Pokemon is Darkrai. But if you search for Darkrai on the GTS there are six-ish of them listed. Is there a particular Darkrai distribution that was allowed on the GTS?

Question regarding the GTS (the trade forum doesn't appear to have a simple questions thread so I assumed this was the place to ask):

Certain Pokemon aren't allowed to be traded over the GTS because they are "special," and one of those Pokemon is Darkrai. But if you search for Darkrai on the GTS there are six-ish of them listed. Is there a particular Darkrai distribution that was allowed on the GTS?

That's odd. It's possible they are hacked and the people in question found a way to get around the system, because you shouldn't be able to upload Darkrai at all because it's an event mon and can't be traded over the GTS. Also, whenever I searched Darkrai on the GTS, nothing came up, so it's odd that they are showing up now.

In pokemon ranch on the wii, is it true if you put 999 pokemon in your ranch you get a Mew? And is this mew transferable to diamond and pearl?

Can someone even have a friend safari if they don't own X or Y (like me)? Or is it entirely dependent on the 3DS friend code? I'm curious to know what I might have, if the latter is true.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom