• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (XY Edition)

Final question, once a Steel-forme Wurmy evolves into a Wormadam, it's perm?

Wormadam's cloak has fused with its body, so it can't change anymore. Wormadam has permanent cloaks, yes.

cut for length

Oh, goodness. I didn't even realize that there was a 13 there. I thought that they only differed by the 21s. My bad. And yeah, I don't do much competitive battling, so I don't really breed for IVs (that being said, I might be getting into a bit soon, so thanks for the info about the standard assignments for the marks; I can remember the shapes, but never the order).

OK, so I did the math (admittedly, midnight is a bad time to be doing algebra, but I think I did it properly), and from what I can tell, Sylveon 1 (higher HP) will have more HP left after taking most attacks when compared to Sylveon 2. Incredibly strong attacks will take away enough HP for Sylveon 2 to be faring better, but this is only for extreme cases (basically, max Attack Mega Mewtwo X using Giga Impact or Psycho Cut strong).

That being said, if you're looking at how many attacks that the Sylveon will be able to withstand before fainting, it turns out that they'd take the same amount of hits in most cases. Because Sylveon 1 will be taking a bit more damage than Sylveon 2 from each attack, the difference in remaining HP would get smaller with each successive hit, balancing out so they would faint after the same amount of moves used against them [this may very based on the incoming attacks strength; I know for strong moves this is the case, but weaker moves may converge earlier (which, if this was the case, would make Sylveon 2 the better choice, because it would survive more hits)].

Also, if you plan on using any sort of healing on your Sylveon (Leftovers, Rest, Wish, berries, etc.), Sylveon 2 would undoubtedly be better, since the increased Defense increases the effective health gained from each of those items/moves.

Overall, I'd think Sylveon 2 would be the better choice, because even though Sylveon 1 will have more HP after the first attack used against it, that advantage will diminish greatly as it continues taking hits, meaning it won't matter overall. Meanwhile, Sylveon 2 can use healing and the like more effectively, making it overall better at surviving in battles.

Since Game Freak is now forcing you to use Streetpass to get the Eon Ticket [which is a very stupid move imo since not everyone lives in a densely populated area], I think I better ask this now:

In order to get Streetpass 'benefits' for Pokemon X and Y [as well as things like the Eon Ticket if I ever fly to a city that would have such a thing], do I have to have the game itself on?

I know I have to have the console on either sleep or on, but I don't understand how specific games work. I have turned on streetpass for Pokemon X, but the game still isn't showing up on the "titles using StreetPass" list in the settings. Am I missing something?

Since Game Freak is now forcing you to use Streetpass to get the Eon Ticket [which is a very stupid move imo since not everyone lives in a densely populated area], I think I better ask this now:

In order to get Streetpass 'benefits' for Pokemon X and Y [as well as things like the Eon Ticket if I ever fly to a city that would have such a thing], do I have to have the game itself on?

I know I have to have the console on either sleep or on, but I don't understand how specific games work. I have turned on streetpass for Pokemon X, but the game still isn't showing up on the "titles using StreetPass" list in the settings. Am I missing something?

Street pass will pick up something when you "happen" to walk by someone with a 3DS with them, a green light will come on when you walk by another 3DS user. It takes time andd it depends on where you are. Places that are more people you have a higher chance on getting a least one street pass. With getting an Eon ticket, you'll have to be lucky to pass by someone that has one.

So the Pokemon X cartridge does not have to actually be in the 3DS for me to get something for the game should I get lucky enough to come across another Pokemon X/Y streetpasser?

I'm just not understanding why my pokemon game is not showing up on the list of games that use StreetPass in my 3DS's settings menu, yet other games are, and I have turned on the feature in Pokemon X.

Aside from being forced to switch out as the result of a Pokémon's attack, how could a player in R/S/E and FR/LG have one of their Pokémon start to execute an attack before they switch out on that exact same turn?

I am seriously stumped.

cut for length

cut for length

ok thanks, I guess I trained Sylveon 1 for nothing than because everyone I asked on other sites told me it was the better of the two, I guess since it had 1 extra perfect IV than Sylveon 2 :/

Even without that it seems my plan has soured. The idea was to make Sylveon a Protean user and curse opponents as a ghost type, than draining kiss some hp off them the next turn. Unfortunately she keeps cursing herself :(

Aside from being forced to switch out as the result of a Pokémon's attack, how could a player in R/S/E and FR/LG have one of their Pokémon start to execute an attack before they switch out on that exact same turn?

I am seriously stumped.

Yeah, I'm stumped, too. Luckily, once the trivia contest is over, they usually release a list of all the answers, so hopefully we can find out then.

Diancie Glitch?

I wonder if anyone else had been experiencing this. My brother redeemed the Diancie Serial Code and everytime he gets it from the Pokemon Center, none of its IVs are guaranteed to be perfect. Diancie is supposed to have at least 3 perfect IVs since it is a non breedable Legendary.

I am seriously stumped.
- KO an opposing Trainer's Pokemon in Shift battle mode (asked whether to switch before the opponent sends in their next Pokemon).
- Did the Red Card / Eject Button exist in Gen 3?

Ok, so it's been a long time since I bred anything and my memory is awful.

What is the easiest way to breed a Feebas with Dragon Pulse and Hypnosis, please?

I know how to get one of those moves, but the egg move can only be passed down through the male so I'm not sure how getting 2 egg moves is possible. If anyone can tell me a way that'd be awesome, thank you!

Ok, so it's been a long time since I bred anything and my memory is awful.

What is the easiest way to breed a Feebas with Dragon Pulse and Hypnosis, please?

I know how to get one of those moves, but the egg move can only be passed down through the male so I'm not sure how getting 2 egg moves is possible. If anyone can tell me a way that'd be awesome, thank you!

That's not the case anymore. Thanks to the change in breeding mechanics in this gen, both the male and female parent can pass down egg moves (though I think the female takes priority, but I may have to double-check that). So it's possible to breed multiple egg moves onto the same offspring. So if you have a female Feebas that has Hypnosis as an egg move and your breed it with a Pokemon with Dragon Pulse, you'll get both egg moves now in the next offspring.

Thank you! And just to double check - Bulbapedia seems to imply that from XY onwwards you can't pass on the father's TM/HM moves to the baby, is that correct?

Thank you! And just to double check - Bulbapedia seems to imply that from XY onwwards you can't pass on the father's TM/HM moves to the baby, is that correct?

It is.

Yeah. It must be inheritable by another means (e.g. explicit egg move or by level up) to get passed down; simply being a TM isn't enough anymore since TMs are reusable.

I have heard this but I'm not able to confirm..but does tipping increase the likeliness of encountering a shiny Pokemon?

I have heard this but I'm not able to confirm..but does tipping increase the likeliness of encountering a shiny Pokemon?

Nothing regarding tipping increasing the shiny rate has been fully confirmed. You'll find several people saying that tipping caused them to find more shinies and several others saying tipping didn't do anything for them.

Two questions relating to Vivillon:

1: Is there a full list of which locations give which Vivillon forms anywhere? The only lists I can find are from XY's early days, and they're all marked as being possibly incomplete.
2: If I change my 3DS's region in order to get a certain Vivillon form on a new game but change it back afterwards, will I be locked out of the eShop or the like?

Two questions relating to Vivillon:

1: Is there a full list of which locations give which Vivillon forms anywhere? The only lists I can find are from XY's early days, and they're all marked as being possibly incomplete.
2: If I change my 3DS's region in order to get a certain Vivillon form on a new game but change it back afterwards, will I be locked out of the eShop or the like?

I cant say for the eShop but for the regions I have done this with an extra 3DS system I have and I was not able to get all the vivillions, I still need like 4 or 5 more that I cant find a region for with my US 3DS system.

Dom

Simple Questions + Simple Answers: ORAS Edition

Welcome to the Simple Questions and Simple Answers thread: ORAS edition!

All questions relating specifically to Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire belong here. As of the time of writing, the games are just beginning to leak and will be released within the next few days and weeks, so keep in mind not everything is known about them yet.

For questions relating to other Pokémon games, please visit the following:

Simple Questions and Simple Answers (XY Edition)
Simple Questions and Simple Answers (Older Games)

Before posting, keep in mind there are various resources available that should answer most questions. Bulbapedia includes tons of detailed articles in regards to game mechanics, move tutors, PokéDex information and more.

In addition, for general information relating to the game, check out the Confirmed Information thread.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom