• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions + Simple Answers: ORAS Edition

On the Dex Nav when you do the pokemon search does it ever tell you the gender of the pokemon?

Where can I obtain Dawn Stone? I know it can be obtained through Super Training, but either it takes forever or I'm unlucky as hell. Also I read somewhere Wally gives you one in Victory Road. But is there another earlier way to obtain it?

Global Link.

Is there only one (or any set number) specific Egg Move that each Pokemon can know after being found with the DexNav? For example is Surskit limited to only knowing Fell Stinger as its special move, or could it be any Egg Move?

Is there only one (or any set number) specific Egg Move that each Pokemon can know after being found with the DexNav? For example is Surskit limited to only knowing Fell Stinger as its special move, or could it be any Egg Move?

I have caught a surskit with fell stinger and another one with aqua jet. It doesn't seem limited to a single egg move, but I don't know if it is restricted by your search level or not.

Edit: I do recall encountering slakoths with the egg moves: crush claw, night slash, body slam, and pursuit. This was while raising my shroomish. It may be open to all of the egg moves.

What's the Bronze/Gold Crown signifies at the Dex nav?
Gold crown means you've caught all Pokemon in that area, bronze means you've caught all the ones in a specific encounter method (eg. if you've caught all the tall grass pokemon but not all of the surf pokemon you will get bronze)

I have an important question which may or may not be simple:
I have a 2DS and a New 3DS.
I would like to mail my 2DS overseas and back to get the Eon Ticket while playing on my New 3DS in the meantime.
Is it possible to have streetpass for one game going on 2 systems at once?

Last edited:

Is Mirage Island in the game? If so, how do you get it? Does it have anything new?

Apparently you can use the Soar feature where you ride Lati@s and go to a different Mirage Island each day. I've also heard you can Street Pass other people to get their Mirage Islands to appear in your game. Mirage Island has wild Pokemon that aren't native to Hoenn, as I recall, such as Forretress

On the Dex Nav when you do the pokemon search does it ever tell you the gender of the pokemon?

unfortunately not; just Pokemon name, type, first move, ability, held item, and whether or not it has up to 3 perfect IVs

This is about 50% simple question, 50% suggestion.

Secret Bases can be shared via uploadable QR codes, right?

If there isn't already one, will there be a thread for sharing Secret Bases?

Is there any significant interaction between Brendan and May? I still have not started the game because I cannot decide on which character to choose. :p

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (XY Edition)

I am also interested if this thread will cover ORAS as well.

In the meantime, an ORAS question:
Is there any significant interaction between Brendan and May? I still have not started the game because I cannot decide on which character to choose. :p

There is a Simple Question thread for ORAS here:http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f724/simple-questions-simple-answers-oras-edition-170688/
Thank ye kindly, I did not realize that the thread would be created that soon. :p

I was wondering if anyone has found the Master Ball yet.

In Omega Ruby a master ball can be found in the Team Magma base in a group of four Pokéballs, a nugget, two Electrodes and the Master Ball. It's probably the same in Alpha Sapphire.

I caused Primal Groudon to faint when I encountered it, can it be found anywhere else later or will I have to quit back to my previous save? (which was quite a while ago)

Last edited:

In Omega Ruby a master ball can be found in the Team Magma base in a group of four Pokéballs, a nugget, two Electrodes and the Master Ball. It's probably the same in Alpha Sapphire.

I caused Primal Groudon to faint when I encountered it, can it be found anywhere else later or will I have to quit back to my previous save? (which was quite a while ago)

If it's anything like the originals, try checking the TV or pokenav after beating the E4.

Can anyone confirm this? I want to make sure before I save again.

Can you give directions to it?
I went pretty much all over the Team Magma Hideout near Lilycove City and I couldn't find it at all.

Where is the Secret Power TM?

Re: Are there any Gyms/Elite Fours where Shedinja can't be damaged?

Are there any gyms or Elite Four members where the attacks are all the right types such that they have no effect on Shedinja?

There aren't many, but a notable example is Wallace from Gen III Emerald; only two of his six Pokemon can kill Shedinja, so if you know which ones they are and can take them out early, then there is little else that can stop you. But for ORAS, you can bet they've changed up the movesets so avoid swapping Shedinja in mid-turn if you can, and teach it Protect because if an AI opponent has something that will kill it, it'll be the first thing they try.

Went there, it wasn't before the Rock Smash boulders, and I didn't have my Rock Smasher with me. I'll try it again.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom