• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions + Simple Answers: ORAS Edition

Not sure where else this goes, and the wiki's locked, so:

Throughout AS, Matt keeps calling Archie "bro". Is this supposed to be literal, or is it just a term of endearment? What's the equivalent term(s) in the JP version?

You can check their effects on the menu screen, but there isn't a comprehensive list around. From the looks of it, they changed the mechanics from the originals, since now Thunderwave is a move that sets up for an appeal combo when it didn't used to.

I actually started a spreadsheet for Normal type moves would it be good too make a thread where we can put together contest moves?

I was thinking of a general research thread for both Pokeblocks and moves. As far as I can tell, the blocks are weaker than in the originals, but the upper limit is higher (if not non-existent). This is supported by the lack of "feel" status on Pokeblocks. The lack of level makes me think all Pokeblocks of the same type have the same power (Pokeblock, Pokeblock+) as well.

So far, I've managed to make Rainbow Pokeblocks (use all different colors) and a Pokeblock+. The latter, I'm not sure how, but I am thinking it involves at least two blocks of the same color, but berries of different rarity, and two blocks that are different. Not sure if the other two have to be complimentary or antagonistic flavors.

Right now I am just enjoying the game, but when I have time, I do wish to study the Pokeblock mechanics.

I can confirm that Sheen no longer exists. My Pokemon from Ruby now eat Pokeblocks again.

I have both Orbs in my inventory right now, in the Items section.

You CAN get the rare berries from the Berry Master's Wife using the old phrases. They just have to be in all caps, IE "GREAT BATTLE" instead of "Great BATTLE" like the game would input by default. (Also, Spelon Berry says it raises Cuteness now??? Weird.)

I can confirm that Sheen no longer exists. My Pokemon from Ruby now eat Pokeblocks again.

I have both Orbs in my inventory right now, in the Items section.

You CAN get the rare berries from the Berry Master's Wife using the old phrases. They just have to be in all caps, IE "GREAT BATTLE" instead of "Great BATTLE" like the game would input by default. (Also, Spelon Berry says it raises Cuteness now??? Weird.)

You should join the research thread I set up ;)

How many times do you battle May/Brendan? Is it the same amount as in the originals?

For the Egg Moves you get by sneaking on Pokemon, is there a set that is chosen from? Or can the move be from the Pokemon's entire Egg Move list?

For example, the Taillow I've been dexing outside of Petalburg City so far have either known Supersonic or Defog as their Egg Move. Is there a chance I can find one with Brave Bird or Boomburst though?

I can confirm that I have obtained one steel wing Taillow and one Boomburst Taillow from that area

@Hilbert; Yes, it can be any Egg Move from the list. I caught a Taillow with Brave Bird and accidentally KOed one with Mirror Move early on. So, yes, you can find any Egg Move from the list on those Pokemon.

I can confirm that I have obtained one steel wing Taillow and one Boomburst Taillow from that area

@Hilbert; Yes, it can be any Egg Move from the list. I caught a Taillow with Brave Bird and accidentally KOed one with Mirror Move early on. So, yes, you can find any Egg Move from the list on those Pokemon.

Oh my gosh, you guys are amazing. My love for ORAS just shot up 120%! This also makes searching for wild Pokemon all the more fun and challenging. And congrats you two! I can't wait to find one with an awesome attacking move as well.

Was Carvanha's encounter rate lowered? Because I spent an hour fishing with a Good Rod on Route 118 and only found Magikarp and Tentacool.

I have the Strategy Guide, and it mentions being able to get the TM for Sludge Bomb in Dewford after getting the second Gym Badge. According to the guide, a collector appears in the trendy building who gives you the TM. I beat Brawly, and the guy never showed up. I went on ahead and after beating the third gym, i backtracked to Dewford and the guy still isn't there. What the heck, did the guide get it wrong? How do i get that TM?

I have the Strategy Guide, and it mentions being able to get the TM for Sludge Bomb in Dewford after getting the second Gym Badge. According to the guide, a collector appears in the trendy building who gives you the TM. I beat Brawly, and the guy never showed up. I went on ahead and after beating the third gym, i backtracked to Dewford and the guy still isn't there. What the heck, did the guide get it wrong? How do i get that TM?

Apparently, you aren't the only person who had this problem. You do get it after you beat Brawly, but apparently you have to have a few more badges to get it. One person said their friend had 6 badges and then backtracked to Dewford and got it, so maybe if you get more badges, you'll get it. I'd check myself, since I don't have it either, but I'm in Tate and Liza's gym so I can't. :X

I can't seem to find the Secret Base staircase decoration (for multi-level bases), I've spoken to everyone in the Fortree SB Guild and still don't have it. Is there something else I need to do first?

EDIT: Nevermind I found it! Everyone keeps saying you get it from a girl in the Secret Base Guild but she's actually in the house immediately West of the Guild.

Last edited:

Does anyone know where you can get an everstone or a dawnstone in ORAS? I want to get one for my Kirlia since I don't want him to evolve into Gardevoir.

Apparently, you aren't the only person who had this problem. You do get it after you beat Brawly, but apparently you have to have a few more badges to get it. One person said their friend had 6 badges and then backtracked to Dewford and got it, so maybe if you get more badges, you'll get it. I'd check myself, since I don't have it either, but I'm in Tate and Liza's gym so I can't. :X

Alright, i have three badges and he still wasn't there. I guess i'll just keep checking after each badge to see when he shows up.

Alright, i have three badges and he still wasn't there. I guess i'll just keep checking after each badge to see when he shows up.

After I beat Tate and Liza, I went back to Dewford and got it. So I'm pretty sure the amount of badges you have is key.

Can you evolve the Cosplay Pikachu?

Hi all, this is more of a tech question and iI'm not sure if I should be asking this somwhere else, but:

Do the gba carts only run a clock battery, or do they run a battery for save files as well? I ask because my old games have had their clock battery run out but I was also wondering if I would lose my save files as well.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom