• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Hi all, this is more of a tech question and iI'm not sure if I should be asking this somwhere else, but:

Do the gba carts only run a clock battery, or do they run a battery for save files as well? I ask because my old games have had their clock battery run out but I was also wondering if I would lose my save files as well.

No the GBA carts save does not run off the internal battery. If it runs out, you shouldnt lose your save.

Re: Simple Questions + Simple Answers: ORAS Edition

When you find a Pokémon through DexNav, the bottom screen depicts various characteristics of that Pokémon, including its "Potential" (measured by 3 stars). Each filled star is a perfect IV; three filled stars means 3 perfect IVs.

But what happens when you encounter a Pokémon in the undiscovered egg group using DexNav? Will such a Pokémon with 0 potential stars still have 0 or 3 guaranteed perfect IVs? Will a Pokémon with one filled potential star have 1, 3, or 4 perfect IVs? And so on.

I hatched the Wynaut egg that the old lady gave you, and my pokemon turned out shiny.
Is this one of those deals where it's always shiny for everyone, or is this something I can get excited about?

Last edited:

Can you evolve the Cosplay Pikachu?

No.

I hatched the Wynaut egg that the old lady gave you, and my pokemon turned out shiny.
Is this one of those deals where it's always shiny for everyone, or is this something I can get excited about?

Get excited. (I think. I haven't heard anything about it being shiny and I've been following several sites.)

Stupid questions incoming:

Is there a way to be able to put out more than 15 things including the secret friends mats in a base?

If so how does one increase the limit?

Does anyone know where you can get an everstone or a dawnstone in ORAS? I want to get one for my Kirlia since I don't want him to evolve into Gardevoir.

You can find an Everstone in the lowest part of Granite Cave, near the Mega Stone, I believe. You'll need the Dowsing Machine and Mach Bike to find it.

EDIT: @hopeandjoy; Yes, Carvana's rate of encounter has been reduced to 5% on Route 118 with the Good Rod.

Last edited:

At first when I got the Eon Flute, mirage spots "refreshed" in a matter of minutes (like there was a new legendary in pathless plain fairly soon after I caught the one that was already there). Now, however, I've had the same mirage spots and the legendary available hasn't changed. Is there something I need to do in order to update these spots?

Does anyone know where you can get an everstone or a dawnstone in ORAS? I want to get one for my Kirlia since I don't want him to evolve into Gardevoir.

As for a Dawn Stone, you don't get one normally until Victory Road, apparently. That being said, if you're like me and really wanted that Gallade, you can still get them through the Gallade Balloon Bot mission in Super Secret Training. It might just take a bit of grinding before you have a Pokémon with 510 EVs depending on where you are in the game.

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (XY Edition)

I was walking through the Grass just now when a Durant Popped up.

I when sent out my Sylveon, it "shook" and gave me the message
"Sylveon seams to be out of it."

I've never seen these message before.
My first though was that it had to do when Durant being Steel
But I've never seen it do that before and I've fought many Durant before.

What caused that?

That's actually one of the stock messages for Pokemon with high Amie.

As for a Dawn Stone, you don't get one normally until Victory Road, apparently. That being said, if you're like me and really wanted that Gallade, you can still get them through the Gallade Balloon Bot mission in Super Secret Training. It might just take a bit of grinding before you have a Pokémon with 510 EVs depending on where you are in the game.

Did your Gallade learn Leaf blade by any chance? When I evolved mine at level 27, he didn't learn Leave blade at all and learned Swords dance one level later. I'm not sure if this is normal, so I'm wondering if your Gallade did the same thing.

So here's something. I have both OR and AS and created Secret Bases on both of them. But here's the thing. I use the same system for both cards. So when I tried to scan one code for the base on the other card, it told me that "You can't register your own base". What does this mean? That the codes for my two different bases are exactly the same? What's going to happen when I try to give the code for others to scan. Will they get my OR base or my AS base? I don't think these codes can be exactly the same since the location and decorating is different. I'm confused her and hoping someone can help.

Stupid questions incoming:

Is there a way to be able to put out more than 15 things including the secret friends mats in a base?

If so how does one increase the limit?

I think there is a way *or it depend on the 'size' of your chamber*, because I remember that my limit is 20...

Still no confirmation about how to get 2 bikes at same time?

Also can anyone help to confirm this:
1.Someone claimed in other forum that they started to see red poochyena and purple zigzagoon sprites, when using DexNav. The pokemon with its was said to have HA. He/She claimed to be in search lvl 60+ for both pokemon on DexNav.
2.When fishing/surf-fishing, we can fish one type of pokemon by fishing on 1 spot. This was happened to me in route 119, while tried to fish feebas, I ended up just got feebas over and over again, without get any other pokemon when I fish on that spot. Bug/new feature/else? Also help to confirm please, thx :3.

So here's something. I have both OR and AS and created Secret Bases on both of them. But here's the thing. I use the same system for both cards. So when I tried to scan one code for the base on the other card, it told me that "You can't register your own base". What does this mean? That the codes for my two different bases are exactly the same? What's going to happen when I try to give the code for others to scan. Will they get my OR base or my AS base? I don't think these codes can be exactly the same since the location and decorating is different. I'm confused her and hoping someone can help.

No, I think the codes are different. I only can come with 1 explanation, the Codes must also contain your Friend Code, maybe determain your name in the 'Secret Bases List'. But I almost sure that they also come with information of your decoration and spot.

This make me wandering, can we also register 2 or more different people who claim same spot??

Last edited:

How do you unlock Box 31? I still can't unlock Box 31. I've gotten up to Rayquaza in Delta Episode and still Box 31 won't appear. Do I have to finish Delta Emerald in order to unlock it or something? (Yes I checked Pokemon Bank, still 30) Unless they removed it in ORAS only have 30 boxes (XY has 31)

I just got a second spare Diancie code and tried using it, not knowing that it would not be accepted because I've already done the event or whatever. Is the code still valid?

is there ANYTHING else to do after the Delta Episode BESIDES the Battle Resort? I'm on my 3rd Play-Through, and I don't know what else to do (once I get there). Also, where is the Intriguing Stone? I need it to get the Pidgeot Mega Stone.

is there ANYTHING else to do after the Delta Episode BESIDES the Battle Resort? I'm on my 3rd Play-Through, and I don't know what else to do (once I get there). Also, where is the Intriguing Stone? I need it to get the Pidgeot Mega Stone.

You can get Mega Stones and TMs you couldn't before if that interests you. The Intriguing Stone can be found in Verdanturf Town. There's a little girl looking for her Shroomish. You find it by interacting with the town sign.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom