• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions + Simple Answers: ORAS Edition

When are you able to trade in ORAS?

And also, are there any known limitations in trading between ORAS and X/Y pre-national pokedex?

(I'd find out myself but my 2DS needs repairs and Ninty aren't taking bookings due to a warehouse fire)

In the Safari Zone, there's a TM that's accessible through the use of the Mach and Acro bike... Is there a way to to get it, or is it a mistake on GameFreak's part?

Thanks!

In the Safari Zone, there's a TM that's accessible through the use of the Mach and Acro bike... Is there a way to to get it, or is it a mistake on GameFreak's part?

Thanks!

Yes, but you'll need both bikes, obviously.
A brand new feature to Pokémon Omega Ruby & Pokémon Alpha Sapphire is the ability to have both bikes at the same time. This is necessary for getting some items in a variety of areas including the Safari Zone and various Mirage Caves. To get both bikes, you need to advertise Rydel's Bikes to various people throughout the region

Mach Bike - Show the Mach Bike to a Hex Maniac in the Route 111 Desert
Acro Bike - Show the Acro Bike to a Bird Keeper in the Acro Bike area of Route 119 - Requires Surf & Waterfall
Any Bike - Speak to a Triathlete in Battle Resort

Once you have spoken to all three of these characters, return to Rydel's Cycles in Mauville City and he will give you the other bike, so you now have both bikes at the same time.
So you'll have to clear the Delta Episode first.

iirc it's just Wild Charge though. ^_^

Heya, does anyone know if it's possible to take screenshots/pictures in-game from ORAS? (like you can do with AC New Leaf for example)

There are no Photo Spots in ORAS, but you can use the feature in Contests. However, you can only save the last one taken on your SD card.

So where was the eon ticket distributed in the US?

Thanks!
Yes, but you'll need both bikes, obviously.
In case you didn't know how to do this:

Serebii said:
To get both bikes, you need to advertise Rydel's Bikes to various people throughout the region

• Mach Bike - Show the Mach Bike to a Hex Maniac in the Route 111 Desert
  • Acro Bike - Show the Acro Bike to a Bird Keeper in the Acro Bike area of Route 119 - Requires Surf & Waterfall
  • Any Bike - Speak to a Triathlete in Battle Resort

Once you have spoken to all three of these characters, return to Rydel's Cycles in Mauville City and he will give you the other bike, so you now have both bikes at the same time.

Is it ABSOLUTELY CONFIRMED that you can rematch Deoxys? I'm trying to get certain Natures on all my Pokemon, Legendary and non, and since I can't check Natures on Rayquaza or Deoxys until after I catch both, and I can't save inbetween, I'm just gonna use a Synchronizer for Rayquaza and knock out Deoxys, is this doable or is Deoxys a one-time encounter?

how does streetpass work for secret bases? whenever I streetpass someone I have the little green dot on the AS icon, and I assume it has something to do with secret bases, but I can't find out what

anyone know this?

how does streetpass work for secret bases? whenever I streetpass someone I have the little green dot on the AS icon, and I assume it has something to do with secret bases, but I can't find out what

anyone know this?
Check your BuzzNav. Click the mailbox and refresh it.. now you will start to see more secret pass on your areanav if you was streetpass someone before.

You can use synchronize on Rayquaza and Deoxys right? I'm in the middle of the delta episode and I'd like to get things ready beforehand. After catching Rayquaza are you given time to change your party? Does Rayquaza automatically take the first slot in the party? And if you fail to catch Deoxys can you try again at a different location or time?

So, does chaining with the DexNav work? And how exactly?
Has anyone done science on this yet...

So, does chaining with the DexNav work? And how exactly?
Has anyone done science on this yet...

To my understanding, when you encounter the Mon you hunted for via DexNav, you have to defeat/catch it, then hit the search again. Each successful chain link increases the chance of finding things like high potential and Egg Moves. The catch is that the higher the chain, the more likely the Pokemon will run if you're not fast enough. But you must always either defeat or catch it in order to create a chain, no running is allowed, otherwise it breaks the chain and you'll have to start over again. So, in short, once you've tracked down the first part of the link, battle/catch it, then keep searching, battling/catching each time, and as the chain increases, so does the chance for special bonuses, but also an increased chance of the Pokemon running away.

So I've created a secret base, and saved the QR code. I've created my PGL game sync ID and registered it for Sapphire, and synced right after creating the code. However, it hasn't shown up on the PGL - is there something else I need to do?

UPDATE I'm a moron who forgot to turn StreetPass on because I never opened BuzzNav.

Last edited:

Does anyone know if Master Balls/Cherish Balls are transferred in breeding now?

Is it ABSOLUTELY CONFIRMED that you can rematch Deoxys? I'm trying to get certain Natures on all my Pokemon, Legendary and non, and since I can't check Natures on Rayquaza or Deoxys until after I catch both, and I can't save inbetween, I'm just gonna use a Synchronizer for Rayquaza and knock out Deoxys, is this doable or is Deoxys a one-time encounter?
Yeah, you can rebattle Deoxys on top of Sky Pillar after beating the E4 again.
You can use synchronize on Rayquaza and Deoxys right? I'm in the middle of the delta episode and I'd like to get things ready beforehand. After catching Rayquaza are you given time to change your party? Does Rayquaza automatically take the first slot in the party? And if you fail to catch Deoxys can you try again at a different location or time?
Yes to Synchronize, no to changing your party, yes to the first slot, and yes to Deoxys.

Yes to Synchronize, no to changing your party, yes to the first slot, and yes to Deoxys.

Where can I find confirmation that Deoxys can be rebattled on top of sky pillar?

Also is there an NPC that gives you heart scales daily when you show him/her a requested move?

Last edited:

Where can I find confirmation that Deoxys can be rebattled on top of sky pillar?

Not sure, but you can take my word for it; I've done it. XP

Not sure, but you can take my word for it; I've done it. XP

I just looked it up on youtube. And let me say this, if those videos were fake those guys should become game designers for Gamefreak because that looks damn convincing.

If someone who hasn't faced their box legendary yet (and/or someone who did this before catching/defeating their legendary) could confirm this for me, I'd be really happy! I already caught Kyogre so I can't check on this for my friend who recently got the game (spoiler'd for length and minor-ish plot spoilers):
I'd read somewhere about this, and my friend who got AS yesterday is concerned about this as well:

When you go to catch your box legendary (I'm assuming it's the same deal for both games, though I've got AS as well) you climb to the bottom of the Cave of Origin, encounter Groudon/Kyogre, and travel with it to "Hoenn's Core". What I read, and what is scaring my friend a bit, is the possibility that you can get stuck out of this room if you faint or use an Escape Rope or some such.

Well, I've already caught Kyogre in my game, and I never left the room so I'm not sure if this would work, but I do know that at least AFTER you save Hoenn from drowning, you can go back to the "Core" room no problem. Just enter the Cave of Origin, and in the first round room, instead of heading north, follow the westward cave entrance. You'll eventually end up back at the "Core" room!

Now I'm happy about this because I think that place is gorgeous and I'm glad it wasn't a one-time experience. But my real question is: after visiting the Core Room for the first time, before catching your box legendary, can you return to it through the westward entrance? I'd like to tell my friend "yes you can", but I don't want to pass along misinformation! If you can't return during the "stop Kyogre/Groudon" plot I'll make sure she knows to be careful of being locked out of that area!
Thanks in advance for any help!

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom