• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions + Simple Answers: ORAS Edition

That would be friendship. The affection from Amie. I'm getting messages like "I know you can do it!" surviving moves it shouldn't (I don't want the game easier) and it staring at me mid battle

You can't lower Amie Affection. So your stuck with those messages and benefits that come with Amie I'm sorry to say.

shit.

2 questions:

How do you unlock more boxes? I still only have 7 after beating the game.

And what's the time for Uxie to appear in their mirage spot?

2 questions:

Does every one of your box contain at least 1 Pokemon?

And I think it's between 8-9 pm.

2 questions:

You have to have at least 1 Pokemon in every box. Then, log out and back into the PC and you will have more boxes. Keep doing this until you unlock all 30 boxes. Then, I think you get a 31st box after catching Rayquaza.

What moves does an αS Kyogre start with, and in what order? I got a mostly untouched one from the GTS, but it's apparently been used as an HM slave.

I need a little advice on my Crystal team.
As of now I have 7 badges and I'm fighting Team Rocket in the Radio Tower. I want to add an Ice type to my team later on because I'll need one for Clair and Lance once I get to that point, and that means I'll have to swap someone out on my team.

Typhlosion (36)
Lanturn (30)
Sudowoodo (30)
Magneton (33)
Scyther (28)
Noctowl (28)

I always have a hard time choosing Gen 2 teams because honestly I'm not a huge fan of most of the Gen 2 pokemon you find in the wild. With the team I have now, I was thinking of swapping out either Sudowoodo, Scyther or Noctowl but I'm not sure who I should swap out. Plus it's super hard to level grind in this gen T_T
As for an Ice type to train, I was thinking of catching a Jynx or a Swinub/Piloswine (since Sneasel doesn't learn any Ice moves) or I could attempt to catch Suicune and just use its Aurora Beam, but Stat wise I'm not sure who would be the best choice. I normally don't add Legendaries to my team but I'm only considering Suicune because there aren't many choices for wild Johto pokemon to catch in the wild (at least to me.)

Last edited:

What moves does an αS Kyogre start with, and in what order? I got a mostly untouched one from the GTS, but it's apparently been used as an HM slave.

A freshly-caught Kyogre from Alpha Sapphire will have Body Slam, Aqua Ring, Ice Beam, and Origin Pulse, in that order.

Is there a way to completely reset a pokemon ranger game? Not like deleting a save, but resetting it so that it's like a new one.

What should I use my master ball on in ORAS

I'm just wondering what should I use my masterball on in ORAS when I get them.

If you know what to use it on please tell and give reason.

Re: What should I use my master ball on in ORAS

Well I haven't used mine yet (I caught Kyogre, Rayquaza, and Deoxys within 3 tries)

I plan on soft resetting for shiny legends in the mirage spots once I finish my national dex, so i'm saving mine for that.

There's no save opportunity between the Rayquaza and Deoxys battles. So unless you don't mind the hassle of resetting to fight both of them if something goes wrong, I recommend using it on the extraterrestrial helix.

There's no save opportunity between the Rayquaza and Deoxys battles. So unless you don't mind the hassle of resetting to fight both of them if something goes wrong, I recommend using it on the extraterrestrial helix.

Or you could just defeat it and enter the HoF again so Deoxys appears on top of Sky Pillar. That's what I did.

I used the Master Ball on Deoxys. :p

Or you could just defeat it and enter the HoF again so Deoxys appears on top of Sky Pillar. That's what I did.

I used the Master Ball on Deoxys. :p

Did not know about that. Didn't want to take the chance.

Oops, turns out it wasn't Uxie I was missing but Azelf. So at what time does Azelf appear? In the early mornings?

pokemon dream radar question

hey all :)
how do you catch a pokemon in the dream radar with the the wanted nature?
im trying to get a bold lugia with multiscale

thanks!

To get the Training Ribbon (not the Effort Ribbon) do I have to beat the Super Secret Training regimens as well? The guy at Dewford still hasn't given it to me.

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (XY Edition)

Do the EV-enhancing items work in hordes? Meaning could you fight a horde of something that gives 1 atk EV plus hold a power bracer and gain 25 atk EVs with just one battle?

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (XY Edition)

Do the EV-enhancing items work in hordes? Meaning could you fight a horde of something that gives 1 atk EV plus hold a power bracer and gain 25 atk EVs with just one battle?

Yes

During story mode, if I have another Rayquaza in my party, will Zinnia only teach the in-game Quaza Dragon's Ascent or will she blanket-teach it to any Quaza in your party?

That would be friendship. The affection from Amie. I'm getting messages like "I know you can do it!" surviving moves it shouldn't (I don't want the game easier) and it staring at me mid battle

You can't lower Amie Affection. So your stuck with those messages and benefits that come with Amie I'm sorry to say.

Doesn't affection reset if the pokemon is traded? Like it does with happiness?

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom