• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions + Simple Answers: ORAS Edition

is there any special trick to getting shinies

You can get the Shiny Charm, which you obtain from Professor Birch after catching all the Pokemon in the National Dex. There's also the Masuda Method which is breeding Pokemon from different countries. Aside from that, there's no trick per se to getting shinies. Even with these methods it's still all about luck.

wait are u sure i thought i heard somewhere about chaining with the dexnav thingy or what ever its called

Oh thank you, I totally forgot about the dexnav. You can indeed chain for shinies with that.

So I was reading on Serebii the rules for the upcoming Vide Game Championship thing, and it says that none of your Pokémon are allowed to hold the item Soul Dew. Now, I know next to nothing about this competition, but is there a particulary reason that this one specific item is banned? It just seems odd to me to not allow one item!

it makes the lati's stats really high

Huh, I guess I never really bothered to pay attention to exactly how much of a boost that item gives! It still seems odd that only one item is banned. Thanks for answering!
When held by the Lati Twins it gives them a 50% boost to Special Attack and Special Defense. It has no drawbacks and it gives an awesome boost, that's why it's banned.

Any good places to make money aside from the Pokemon League?

Mauville food court is a good place, try to stop on the exact number of turns to get a bonus item that can be sold for extra cash.. Use Amulet Coin with Prize Money 0 Power for more cash.

Can I cover the holes in the floor of secret bases

Can I cover the holes in the floor of secret bases

Yeah, there are boards you can cover them up with, but you can only buy them from a clerk on the roof of the Lilycove Department Store on Saturdays. :<

How do you get to the second level of secret bases that have two levels? I see what looks like a mud path that a Mach bike could cross, but I can't get on my bike in the base.

How do you get to the second level of secret bases that have two levels? I see what looks like a mud path that a Mach bike could cross, but I can't get on my bike in the base.

Stairs. You can get them from a girl in the southwest house in Fortree City iirc.

Once you beat the Delta Episode, the Battle Resort opens up. There's another day-care there, and the entire island is basically a giant egg loop

Ok..so it is not like the Lumiose City center circle that you can leave you character while biking in the circle..coz I just tried circling the whole island but it keeps on bumping on something.

I've been wondering for a while but how exactly do you trigger the text where Steven mentions being 25? I've seen screenshots but could never figure it out. From the looks of things he tells you after speaking with him when he's next to his father in the Devon Co. but the only time he's there (that I know of) is towards the beginning of the Delta Episode. And you can't come up and talk to him since the cutscene is triggered as soon as you enter.. and then he leaves when it's over. :(

Unless I missed it during the cutscene lol. But I rewatched it a lot to make sure.

In the Safari, there is an area where you can get a certain TM. However, you need to use the Acro Bike. But before that, the said area is only accessible by using Mach Bike. How can I get that TM since I cannot own Mach and Acro bike at the same time?

In the Safari, there is an area where you can get a certain TM. However, you need to use the Acro Bike. But before that, the said area is only accessible by using Mach Bike. How can I get that TM since I cannot own Mach and Acro bike at the same time?

Quoting the ever knowledgeable Charles Dunois,

Yes, but you'll need both bikes, obviously.
A brand new feature to Pokémon Omega Ruby & Pokémon Alpha Sapphire is the ability to have both bikes at the same time. This is necessary for getting some items in a variety of areas including the Safari Zone and various Mirage Caves. To get both bikes, you need to advertise Rydel's Bikes to various people throughout the region

Mach Bike - Show the Mach Bike to a Hex Maniac in the Route 111 Desert
Acro Bike - Show the Acro Bike to a Bird Keeper in the Acro Bike area of Route 119 - Requires Surf & Waterfall
Any Bike - Speak to a Triathlete in Battle Resort

Once you have spoken to all three of these characters, return to Rydel's Cycles in Mauville City and he will give you the other bike, so you now have both bikes at the same time.
So you'll have to clear the Delta Episode first.

iirc it's just Wild Charge though. ^_^

All credit goes to ze Charles.

Last edited:

I've been wondering for a while but how exactly do you trigger the text where Steven mentions being 25? I've seen screenshots but could never figure it out. From the looks of things he tells you after speaking with him when he's next to his father in the Devon Co. but the only time he's there (that I know of) is towards the beginning of the Delta Episode. And you can't come up and talk to him since the cutscene is triggered as soon as you enter.. and then he leaves when it's over. :(

Unless I missed it during the cutscene lol. But I rewatched it a lot to make sure.

@Sheep, I definitely saw him mention he was 25 to me in my game, although I can't remember if it was in the main game or the delta episode. I kind of feel like it was in the main game. Do you have a link to the screenshot you saw?

@Sheep, I definitely saw him mention he was 25 to me in my game, although I can't remember if it was in the main game or the delta episode. I kind of feel like it was in the main game. Do you have a link to the screenshot you saw?

It's in the Delta Episode.

After Steven calls you to Devon Corporation, Mr. Stone will ask if you are ready to hear a very long tale. Pick no, and he'll tell you to get prepared and let you move around. Talk to Steven, and he'll say he's been Mr. Stone's son for 25 years.

Also, during the main game, after the mascot legendary triggers the weather crisis, the TV Navi will have a special news report about Steven (25) leading gym leaders to aid citizens to safety.

Quoting the ever knowledgeable Charles Dunois,

Yes, but you'll need both bikes, obviously.
A brand new feature to Pokémon Omega Ruby & Pokémon Alpha Sapphire is the ability to have both bikes at the same time. This is necessary for getting some items in a variety of areas including the Safari Zone and various Mirage Caves. To get both bikes, you need to advertise Rydel's Bikes to various people throughout the region

Mach Bike - Show the Mach Bike to a Hex Maniac in the Route 111 Desert
Acro Bike - Show the Acro Bike to a Bird Keeper in the Acro Bike area of Route 119 - Requires Surf & Waterfall
Any Bike - Speak to a Triathlete in Battle Resort

Once you have spoken to all three of these characters, return to Rydel's Cycles in Mauville City and he will give you the other bike, so you now have both bikes at the same time.
So you'll have to clear the Delta Episode first.

iirc it's just Wild Charge though. ^_^

All credit goes to ze Charles.

Got it! thanks!

I guess I should be a little clearer about where on the island the loop is -- the easiest way I can think of to get on it is too get in front of the day care lad (the boy who hands out any eggs laid by your pokemon) and then hold right until you hit a rock formation. After that, as long as you keep holding up, you'll be in a continuous loop.

Once you beat the Delta Episode, the Battle Resort opens up. There's another day-care there, and the entire island is basically a giant egg loop

Ok..so it is not like the Lumiose City center circle that you can leave you character while biking in the circle..coz I just tried circling the whole island but it keeps on bumping on something.

I guess I should be a little clearer about where on the island the loop is -- the easiest way I can think of to get on it is too get in front of the day care lad (the boy who hands out any eggs laid by your pokemon) and then hold right until you hit a rock formation. After that, as long as you keep holding up, you'll be in a continuous loop.

This post on Reddit has a video explanation of how the continuous path works at the Battle Resort. Alternately, you can try using this path in Mauville, but it's a bit trickier to set up.

Now unfortunately, unlike the Prism Tower Circle, you will need to reset your direction after each egg hatches. But on the other hand, both of these locations are very close to a daycare center (and in the case of the Battle Resort, an IV checker).

I'm about to take on the E4 in Black. Do I get a chance to change my team before encountering Reshiram?

So the other day I got an Iron Fist Chimchar through Wondertrade! I'm pretty excited, but I can't remember the ability ever being officially released? If this little guy is legit I'm pretty excited! I've been hoping for access to other HA starters.

So the other day I got an Iron Fist Chimchar through Wondertrade! I'm pretty excited, but I can't remember the ability ever being officially released? If this little guy is legit I'm pretty excited! I've been hoping for access to other HA starters.
I also have one that I got in one of the forum giveaways last year I believe. It is legit.

It might be old, but here this is if it helps any.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom