• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions + Simple Answers: ORAS Edition

Hey everyone, simple question. I'm really excited about the Shiny Beldum event, but I don't have a lot of experience with regards to receiving gift Pokemon. I assume you can only receive the Beldum once, but if this is so, does this mean you are stuck with its natures, IVs, and all? As a trainer who now pays attention to the details, it'd be a bit of a downer if I'm stuck with a shiny Beldum with a Sp. Atk boosting nature, low IVs in attack, etc. Are its characteristics set once you receive the gift, or can you reset multiple times somehow until you receive one that's mostly to your liking? I suppose I can always breed later, but this has been on my mind for awhile.

Thanks for the help!

Quick question: What time of day does Uxie appear in Nameless Cavern? It took me forever to realize that the lake trio appeared at different times, but I'm still unsure of the exact timing. I managed to figure out Azelf by chance, and Mesprit I was fortunate enough to run into on the first visit, but Uxie is still loose. So what time does Uxie appear? Thanks in advance.

Hey everyone, simple question. I'm really excited about the Shiny Beldum event, but I don't have a lot of experience with regards to receiving gift Pokemon. I assume you can only receive the Beldum once, but if this is so, does this mean you are stuck with its natures, IVs, and all? As a trainer who now pays attention to the details, it'd be a bit of a downer if I'm stuck with a shiny Beldum with a Sp. Atk boosting nature, low IVs in attack, etc. Are its characteristics set once you receive the gift, or can you reset multiple times somehow until you receive one that's mostly to your liking? I suppose I can always breed later, but this has been on my mind for awhile.

Thanks for the help!
Yeah, its stats and nature are determined when you receive it from the delivery woman. XD
Quick question: What time of day does Uxie appear in Nameless Cavern? It took me forever to realize that the lake trio appeared at different times, but I'm still unsure of the exact timing. I managed to figure out Azelf by chance, and Mesprit I was fortunate enough to run into on the first visit, but Uxie is still loose. So what time does Uxie appear? Thanks in advance.

Only from 8:00 PM to 9:00 PM for some stupid reason. :<

Thanks for the help!

Since the stats are set when you receive the gift from the delivery woman, you can soft reset it from there if you want. However, if you've already received it and then saved, I'm afraid its stats are set.

Is there a board around here for sharing secret base codes? I've been looking for some belonging to people who are also trying to get the Garchompite.

How do you get the Geonet looking thingie for your Secret Base? I've searched everywhere, and cannot find it.

How do you get the Geonet looking thingie for your Secret Base? I've searched everywhere, and cannot find it.

I think it's in the Mauville City Pokemon Center from a backpacker or someone else in the building.

I think it's in the Mauville City Pokemon Center from a backpacker or someone else in the building.

I just checked, and nobody there had the Geonet.

It could be outside the pokemon center in the center of the city where Wattson meets you to do the New Mauville sidequest. Serebii says it's in Mauville City in center.

i NEED HELP

How do EVs affect stats?

For every 4 EVs you gain in a specific stat, you'll gain +1 to your Pokemon's base value in that stat. What this basically means is that if you battle 4 Patrat with your Tepig, Tepig will then gain +1 to its attack stat (because each Patrat gives +1 EV in the attack stat).

EVs are calculated at +1 Stat point per 4 EVs at level 100, which means you won't see the full benefit of the EVs you put into your Pokémon until it reaches that level; there will still be a benefit, just not as significant as when it reaches the maximum level.

CAN SOMEONE EXPLAIN the second paraghraph so will it get more exp in attack overtime if i fully ev trainined attack?

Re: i NEED HELP

How do EVs affect stats?

For every 4 EVs you gain in a specific stat, you'll gain +1 to your Pokemon's base value in that stat. What this basically means is that if you battle 4 Patrat with your Tepig, Tepig will then gain +1 to its attack stat (because each Patrat gives +1 EV in the attack stat).

EVs are calculated at +1 Stat point per 4 EVs at level 100, which means you won't see the full benefit of the EVs you put into your Pokémon until it reaches that level; there will still be a benefit, just not as significant as when it reaches the maximum level.

CAN SOMEONE EXPLAIN the second paraghraph so will it get more exp in attack overtime if i fully ev trainined attack?

What it is saying is that at Full EVs in attack, Magicarp at level 1 gets no bonus while at level 50 gets like 13~or something extra attack points and the level 100 Magicarp gets around +30 to its attack.

Maxing out EV's does make them stronger in that stat, but you will not see it actually make a difference until higher levels, where level 100 gives the greatest amount. Level 100 is just the easiest to remember at 4EVs→1Point. It takes alot more than 4 at lower levels.

How many berries can a watered berry bush yield?

I've heard that when you have secret pals that they can give you a bonus amount of flags. How do you enable this to happen? I recruited my secret pals through qr codes on the internet if that helps.

need help if possible

hey guys i have not played pokemon since fire red so a long time ago. i caught groudon in omega ruby so i could go on with the story. and was going to just trade him and hope for something good. but it says i can not trade him cuz he is a special pokemon. does anyone know why this is? and can anyone help i am also trying to get shiny pokemon. so if anyone could help me out let me know thank you.

Re: need help if possible

hey guys i have not played pokemon since fire red so a long time ago. i caught groudon in omega ruby so i could go on with the story. and was going to just trade him and hope for something good. but it says i can not trade him cuz he is a special pokemon. does anyone know why this is? and can anyone help i am also trying to get shiny pokemon. so if anyone could help me out let me know thank you.

Regarding Groudon, does it know Precipice Blades? You cannot trade Groudon while it still knows Precipice Blades because, at this point, that is an ORAS exclusive move. Go to the move deleter in Lilycove City and make it forget Precipice Blades or overwrite it with a TM you have and that should fix your problems with Groudon.

Regarding shiny Pokemon, it's mainly a luck based thing to be honest. However, if you would like to try, there's the Masuda Method which involves breeding Pokemon from different countries to get a shiny at an increased rate and there is using the DexNav to chain a specific Pokemon. If you get all the Pokemon in the National Dex, you get the Shiny Charm from Professor Birch, which increases the odds of getting shinies.

Re: need help if possible

thank you very much i appreciate this i will try to remove the move later and hopefully it helps. :D

I've heard that when you have secret pals that they can give you a bonus amount of flags. How do you enable this to happen? I recruited my secret pals through qr codes on the internet if that helps.

It depends how many flags they've collected in their game that day. If they haven't collected any then they won't give you any. I think the max they can give you in one day is 30, so even if they've collected more it'll cap at 30.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom