• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: i NEED HELP

How do EVs affect stats?

For every 4 EVs you gain in a specific stat, you'll gain +1 to your Pokemon's base value in that stat. What this basically means is that if you battle 4 Patrat with your Tepig, Tepig will then gain +1 to its attack stat (because each Patrat gives +1 EV in the attack stat).

EVs are calculated at +1 Stat point per 4 EVs at level 100, which means you won't see the full benefit of the EVs you put into your Pokémon until it reaches that level; there will still be a benefit, just not as significant as when it reaches the maximum level.

CAN SOMEONE EXPLAIN the second paraghraph so will it get more exp in attack overtime if i fully ev trainined attack?

(Note that 4 EVs is, conveniently, the value of one Lv.1 Super Training Regimen or one medium Core Training bag.)

The "+1 point for every 4 EVs" is how the stats calculate out at Lv.100. For any other level, scale it down by level/100 -- i.e. at Lv.50, it's +0.5 per 4 EVs; at Lv.10, it's +0.1 per 4 EVs.

The "won't see the full benefit" part is a bunch of Taurus mulch. Say you EV train a Lv.20 Pokemon and its stat gets an increase from 20 to 25 (+5). Alternately, if you did this at Lv.40 instead you might see the stat increase from 40 to 50 (+10) but in both cases the final value is 1.25x the original. It doesn't matter whether you EV train at a high or low level; the only benefit to higher levels is it reduces the effect integer rounding has on the final stat values. But when expressed as a percentage, it's the same effect regardless of level.

Last edited:
Generation 1 Slowpoke Question

yesyes, i know, its 2014 and im playing first gen pokemon; i dont care.
now on to my question: can i find slowpoke before or after i need flash? i know that i need the super rod to get slowpoke, but i dont remember if you can get that before crossing the dark cave. (he's the perfect hm-slave. i dont care for pikachu and i dont want to waste one of (kad)abras slots.)

Re: Simple Questions + Simple Answers: ORAS Edition

Ok, so I constantly see people claim that chaining on DexNav increases the chance of shinies, but I've also seen people say that DexNav itself just increases the chance and the length of the chain has no influence on it

Which one is true?

Re: need help if possible

How many berries can a watered berry bush yield?

That depends on how good you've taken care of the plant, and on the kind of berry you planted. The highest yield I've got so far is 16 for Sitrus, Leppa and Chesto.
All the info about max yield for each and every existing berry can be found on Bulbapedia when you search for the kind of berry you want info about.

You should really try searching simple things like these before you ask questions about them
hey guys i have not played pokemon since fire red so a long time ago. i caught groudon in omega ruby so i could go on with the story. and was going to just trade him and hope for something good. but it says i can not trade him cuz he is a special pokemon. does anyone know why this is? and can anyone help i am also trying to get shiny pokemon. so if anyone could help me out let me know thank you.

My friend Mokoniki told a lot about this already, but I would like to add that chain fishing is another method to get shinies fairly quickly.
You could also check the Bulbagarden Global Trade Station section on these forums. People often offer shinies there, but most of the time they want another shiny or an (event) legendary in return.

One thing is certain though: no matter which method you try to get shinies, your patience will be put to the test.

Re: Generation 1 Slowpoke Question

yesyes, i know, its 2014 and im playing first gen pokemon; i dont care.
now on to my question: can i find slowpoke before or after i need flash? i know that i need the super rod to get slowpoke, but i dont remember if you can get that before crossing the dark cave. (he's the perfect hm-slave. i dont care for pikachu and i dont want to waste one of (kad)abras slots.)

Unfortunately, the Super Rod is on Route 12, which you won't be able to access until going through Rock Tunnel. That being said, Flash isn't technically required to pass through Rock Tunnel; if you are willing, it is possible to use an external map (or even just stumble around blindly) in order to navigate it.

Re: Generation 1 Slowpoke Question

Unfortunately, the Super Rod is on Route 12, which you won't be able to access until going through Rock Tunnel. That being said, Flash isn't technically required to pass through Rock Tunnel; if you are willing, it is possible to use an external map (or even just stumble around blindly) in order to navigate it.

thx for the reply, too bad though. stumbling blindly through the cave isnt really an option, as im going for minimalist this time (pokedex of 10 max, 3/4 pokemon total, with kadabra as my killing machine and slowpoke + farfetch'd as hm slaves. i could theoretically teach kadabra flash, but i'd really rather have him learn reflect on top of recover, psybeam and psychic for the last battles. relying on just 1 pokemon is tricky, even if it as overpowered as a high lvl kadabra in gen 1 is). i suppose i'll just catch a clefairy or jigglypuff as a temporary flash-slave until i have slowpoke, at which point i'll release it again, alongside blastoise. thx again, for responding

Yes, there will be a section between the E4 challenge and fighting Reshiram where you have access to both healing and a PC system.

Thanks. Related question - is there a way in BW to check the nature of a pokémon from the summary screen in-battle? (for instance, the red/blue stats in XY). Or do I have to either wait until I can access a box to check or deduce the nature from its stats?

Bracer, Vitamins Poke Bank

I am currently creating a team for OR in X and I have equipped each lvl 1 pokemon with Power Bracer, Power Lens or Macho Brace then maxxed out the pokemon base stats with all the vitamins (Protein, Iron, etc.) Does this mean the Power Bracers, Power Lens and Macho Brace are now redundant as the pokemon lvl up or do they still benefit from holding these items?

Can I transfer the pokemon team from my Pokemon X game to Omega Red using the Poke Bank? Or do I need a second 3DS?

Re: Bracer, Vitamins Poke Bank

I am currently creating a team for OR in X and I have equipped each lvl 1 pokemon with Power Bracer, Power Lens or Macho Brace then maxxed out the pokemon base stats with all the vitamins (Protein, Iron, etc.) Does this mean the Power Bracers, Power Lens and Macho Brace are now redundant as the pokemon lvl up or do they still benefit from holding these items?

Can I transfer the pokemon team from my Pokemon X game to Omega Red using the Poke Bank? Or do I need a second 3DS?
You can only give your Pokemon 10 of each vitamin, which gives it 100 EVs. Yes, Power Items will still work until the Pokemon has maxed out all EVs in a stat, which is 255 EVs.

Yes, you should be able to transfer your X team to OR no problem using one 3DS.

You can only give your Pokemon 10 of each vitamin, which gives it 100 EVs. Yes, Power Items will still work until the Pokemon has maxed out all EVs in a stat, which is 255 EVs.

I have given each pokemon 10 of each vitamin while infected with Pokerus and holding the beneficial item, does this mean each stat is currently at 100 or maxxed at 255 EV?

If it is at 100 is there any other way to increase the EV's without levelling up each pokemon?

I have given each pokemon 10 of each vitamin while infected with Pokerus and holding the beneficial item, does this mean each stat is currently at 100 or maxxed at 255 EV?

If it is at 100 is there any other way to increase the EV's without levelling up each pokemon?

Super Training. It takes a tad longer, but is much easier and will show a visual representation of your current EVs. It will also show you when the EVs are maxed on a Pokemon by showing a symbol of a person flexing their muscles.

Also I have to ask, did you consider breeding eggs? Because those Pokemon might stop listening to you in ORAS if you do not have the right badges. Unless this is post-game of course.

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (XY Edition)

Can someone please give me an extremely detailed version of Pokemon cloning? I've researched it myself but none of the guides have helped; the trade never goes through no matter how long I wait to cut off the first 3DS. Do I need to do anything with the second 3DS as well? I didn't think so because several guides said to just wait for the black error screen, but with every timing I've tried between 3 and 5 seconds I get that screen only to find out the trade never went through and I still have both Pokemon.

Super Training. It takes a tad longer, but is much easier and will show a visual representation of your current EVs. It will also show you when the EVs are maxed on a Pokemon by showing a symbol of a person flexing their muscles.

Also I have to ask, did you consider breeding eggs? Because those Pokemon might stop listening to you in ORAS if you do not have the right badges. Unless this is post-game of course.

I did breed the eggs for my team and 1 was a shiny Riolu with a modest nature. I am aware once I trade them OR they may disobey but I'll just persist.

The whole team already have the super training symbol with the flexed muscles, this takes me back to my original question does this mean the macho brace and power lens are now redundant and I can just level up doing the game without these equipped items?

The flexed muscles means your Pokemon has maxed EVs, so yeah... no point in any items that effect EVs.

They are pretty much done unless you decide to use a reset bag or herbs.

I did breed the eggs for my team and 1 was a shiny Riolu with a modest nature. I am aware once I trade them OR they may disobey but I'll just persist.

The whole team already have the super training symbol with the flexed muscles, this takes me back to my original question does this mean the macho brace and power lens are now redundant and I can just level up doing the game without these equipped items?

If the flexed muscle sign comes up, it means you are at Max EV's and would not gain any further benefit from having any of the Power items or Macho Brace equipped.

I must ask, when you said that you gave each Pokémon all the vitamins, does that mean you gave each of your Pokémon 10 each of all 6 of them (well, I suppose it would be 5, and then 1 more of the 6th vitamin)? Because Pokémon max out at 510 EV's, so that may be how they became maxed out.

I JUST SAW A PASSERBY WITH A STEVEN STONE ICON AS THEIR AVATAR.

Does anyone know how to unlock this?? There's a theory where you have to win a trophy with the Battle Maison partner to unlock their icons, but I want to be sure.

I heard it was hacked icon..

There are rumour about unlockable icons of gym leaders, steven, may, brendan, and bird keeper...

Someone said on the other pokemon forum that I'm in that only way to get it, so far, is by hacked it.

I JUST SAW A PASSERBY WITH A STEVEN STONE ICON AS THEIR AVATAR.

Does anyone know how to unlock this?? There's a theory where you have to win a trophy with the Battle Maison partner to unlock their icons, but I want to be sure.

I doubt that is true due to the fact that your PSS icon in ORAS must be the same as the NPC trainer class you are in your secret base. Since he is not available as a NPC in a secret base then he can't be an icon. I mean, could you honestly imagine a base full of Stevens? I'd do it if it was possible... my base would be fabulous

I've done some research into this and have found very little. It's likely that hackers have taken his icon from the battle maison and been able to use it as a PSS icon.

Off topic: I believe I've seen Wally on the PSS but thought nothing of it as I was too early in the game and hadn't looked up many spoilers.

Where can I find a Fire Stone in AS (besides Super Training)?

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (XY Edition)

You're probably on your own. Pokemon cloning, like cloning in real life, is a subject of controversy.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom