• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions + Simple Answers: ORAS Edition

Okay, I've heard that you can eventually get both the Mach Bike and the Acro Bike at the same time. But how do you do this? I'm not sure where to find it out, as sources I've checked didn't give me the answer. All they said was "eventually you can own both" to put it simply.

First, speak to the Hex Maniac on Route 111 (Desert part, you'll have to go up a little waterfall with the Mach Bike to reach her) while riding the Mach Bike.
Then speak to the Bird Keeper on Route 119 while riding the Acro Bike. You'll need both Surf and Waterfall to reach him and then pass through an obstacle course with the Acro Bike.
Finally, speak to the Triathlete in the Battle Resort while riding either bike.

Make sure you speak to them in that order or it won't work. Once you speak to all three, return to Rydel's Shop and he'll give you the other bike you currently don't have in your possession. :)

First, speak to the Hex Maniac on Route 111 (Desert part, you'll have to go up a little waterfall with the Mach Bike to reach her) while riding the Mach Bike.
Then speak to the Bird Keeper on Route 119 while riding the Acro Bike. You'll need both Surf and Waterfall to reach him and then pass through an obstacle course with the Acro Bike.

Make sure you speak to them in that order or it won't work. Once you speak to all three, return to Rydel's Shop and he'll give you the other bike you currently don't have in your possession. :)

Ah, I see, thank you! But how do you get to the Battle Resort? I haven't found that out either. Does the ferry in Slateport City take you there?

Ah, I see, thank you! But how do you get to the Battle Resort? I haven't found that out either. Does the ferry in Slateport City take you there?

You can access the Battle Resort after beating the Delta Episode. You are given the S.S. Ticket by Norman and then you can take the ferry in either Slateport City or Lilycove City to get there.

Oh yeah, I did get the S.S. Ticket. I just didn't know where the ferry would take me. xP Or forgot if I was told at that point.

Can you trade Pokemon between an ORAS game and an XY game as soon as you're able to trade, or do you have to reach a certain point in the game first?
As soon as you are able to trade.

Nice! I had heard you had to use Pokebank to transfer mons between XY and ORAS. Glad you can just do it the regular way.

Is it possible to change my appearance (Aside from the Contest Costume) like in XY?

So recently I traded between my Y and Alpha Sapphire game using a friend's 3DS. The problem that occurred was afterward, when I started to play AS on my 3DS and started to go on the PSS, all of my previously registered friends in the game were gone. Even when a friend is online playing ORAS while I'm playing online, they do not appear on my friend's list. The worst part now is that I'm not getting any passerby updates - no new mirage spots. Does anyone know what might have happened? The only thing I could think of is when my AS game was being used/played on my friend's 3DS, but is this a side affect of trading that way between games?

That is quite odd. After moving the game back to your 3DS your friend list should slowly start to repopulate as you friends get on at the same time as you are. If there is no progress in your friend list recovering after about a week, you should keep us updated to see if the community can figure this out.

Also, I love your username.

Can you trade Pokemon between an ORAS game and an XY game as soon as you're able to trade, or do you have to reach a certain point in the game first?
As soon as you are able to trade.

Nice! I had heard you had to use Pokebank to transfer mons between XY and ORAS. Glad you can just do it the regular way.

Bank is alot faster, but as long as you are not trying to trade ORAS-only items to XY then there should be no problem trading them back and forth.

Okay, I can't find any Hex Maniacs on Route 111, in any of its sections. Did I miss meeting some sort of requirement for her to be there?

Okay, I can't find any Hex Maniacs on Route 111, in any of its sections. Did I miss meeting some sort of requirement for her to be there?
You need the Mach Bike and possibly the Go Goggles. She will also disappear after you talk to her so make sure you are not running in circles. [emoji14]

d4661fb145db70ffee96030d546d21ba.jpg

Photo courtesy of Serebii... at least until I am told to take it down.

Uh, seeing as I mentioned having the S.S. Ticket, I've already beaten the game, so I've already gotten that stuff.

But I don't see her anywhere. I don't remember talking to her either. I might have already done so anyway though, and merely forgot entirely. I'll go look for the bird keeper on route 119 next and then speak to the breeder at the Battle Resort. If this doesn't work, then I guess I locked myself out of getting both bikes somehow. -_-

At what point in the game do you receive your Mega Stone for your Hoenn starter? How many Badges will you have at that point, let's say?

How many flags are needed to collect in order to receive platinum status? (Trying to get the Garchompite)

Also, every base I scan online already has their flag taken, how am I meant to obtain new flags like this?

Last edited:

So lately--probably for the last two weeks or so--I have had extremely little success finding opponents on Free Battle via Wi-Fi on Alpha Sapphire. When I try to connect, I am repeatedly getting the "An opposing Trainer could not be found" message, even after several attempts. Usually, I just give up and turn my game off or start Wonder Trading (never any difficulty finding anyone on there).

I play Triple Battle exclusively, which I get is not the most popular format, but I've never had this difficult of a time finding a Free Battle. Even when AS/OR were brand new, I was always able to find a battle, but these last two weeks... almost never.

Is anyone else experiencing this? Is there a reason for it?

At what point in the game do you receive your Mega Stone for your Hoenn starter? How many Badges will you have at that point, let's say?

You'll get it from Steven just before you can challenge the Fortree Gym

You'll get it from Steven just before you can challenge the Fortree Gym

*whistles*

Wowza. It's gonna be a task to restart my file multiple times to get several of each of the Hoenn starter stones. Thanks.

How do I get the Eon Ticket? Just pass by one of those Street Pass thingies and there's a chance I'll get it? How will I know if I got it? Has anyone gotten one?

Does Cosplay Pikachu always have 3 perfect IVs? I've heard it on here before, but I'm not sure if it's just a rumor or not.

How many flags are needed to collect in order to receive platinum status? (Trying to get the Garchompite)

Also, every base I scan online already has their flag taken, how am I meant to obtain new flags like this?

Bases you scan using QR codes won't have their flags available until they refresh at midnight. After that, they will appear once per day.

And it's 1000 flags to get Platinum rank, but keep in mind that people you recruit to your own base may have extra flags to give to you.

Does Cosplay Pikachu always have 3 perfect IVs? I've heard it on here before, but I'm not sure if it's just a rumor or not.
Mine have 4 perfect IV.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom