• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions + Simple Answers: ORAS Edition

So, whenever I update the BuzzNav it says I have streetpassed 30 people. Now this number seems really weird because I don't take my 3DS with me anywhere. It's also always 30 people. The only one that could've streetpassed me is my Brother, and that would only be one (unless you can streetpass people multiple times). Or maybe the streetpass range is higher than I thought and it's a neighbor (Doubt that though, what's the approx. range?).
So how does that happen?

That's the number of people you passed by on the PSS~

So it's nothing really important? And I probably couldn't get an Eon Ticket that way, right?

So, whenever I update the BuzzNav it says I have streetpassed 30 people. Now this number seems really weird because I don't take my 3DS with me anywhere. It's also always 30 people. The only one that could've streetpassed me is my Brother, and that would only be one (unless you can streetpass people multiple times). Or maybe the streetpass range is higher than I thought and it's a neighbor (Doubt that though, what's the approx. range?).
So how does that happen?

That's the number of people you passed by on the PSS~

So it's nothing really important? And I probably couldn't get an Eon Ticket that way, right?
It's not important, but it does give you loads of Secret Bases and Mirage Spots

The Eon Ticket is distributed through StreetPass. As the name implies, you need to be physically close to someone to pass them on StreetPass. 10 meters is the local wireless range

Is there a list of cutscenes you can see after beating the Elite4? I found the twins getting giddy over decorations at the department store and Roxanne crying over fossils at the Fossil Maniac's house but I dunno where the rest of the gym leaders are... :/

If I restart my game file, will I retain the Eon Ticket or will I need to streetpass again to receive it?

Is there a list of cutscenes you can see after beating the Elite4? I found the twins getting giddy over decorations at the department store and Roxanne crying over fossils at the Fossil Maniac's house but I dunno where the rest of the gym leaders are... :/

Flannery is in Scorched Slab and Winona is on top of one of the pylons on the roof of Mauville. Not sure about Brawly, Norman and Wallace. Wattson has the whole New Mauville thing as his time out of the gym. Sidney is in the Battle Maison when you first visit it, Phoebe is at Mount Pyre and Drake is on the ship if you take it from Lilycove to Slateport.

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (XY Edition)

I asked something similar to this before but I heard something recently that throws this into question. See, I'm trying to find all the Berry Mutations on my own. It's fun growing Berries, I always like Harvest Moon-esque stuff.

Anyway, here's my question -- does every Berry have another Berry it can mutate with? Or are there some Berries that don't contribute to any Mutations?

Re: masuda method question

The values for an egg are actually determined before the egg is even made so if you soft reset before an egg is made the same values will always be loaded even if you swap out the parents.

Wait, what? That...can't possibly be.

*runs off to test*

That's how time machine breeding happens and believe me it is real and I abuse the heck out of it. Once an egg is received new values are loaded for the next egg.

However if you save the game before generating an egg and the next egg created hatches a shiny pokemon then you can actually reload the game and put in something else to get a different shiny of your choosing. At least that's what a very fortunate friend of mine told me.

If I ever breed a shiny, I'll test that too.

I asked something similar to this before but I heard something recently that throws this into question. See, I'm trying to find all the Berry Mutations on my own. It's fun growing Berries, I always like Harvest Moon-esque stuff.

Anyway, here's my question -- does every Berry have another Berry it can mutate with? Or are there some Berries that don't contribute to any Mutations?
There is a list of all Berry Muttation-Combination. I have it when I try to get all berries on XY. Just try google it I guess.

Question: I ran from Uxie as I ran out of Ultra Balls (and I wasn't thinking, so I didn't save directly before). Will it re-appear? If so, how?

Re: masuda method question

*runs off to test*

That's how time machine breeding happens and believe me it is real and I abuse the heck out of it. Once an egg is received new values are loaded for the next egg.

However if you save the game before generating an egg and the next egg created hatches a shiny pokemon then you can actually reload the game and put in something else to get a different shiny of your choosing. At least that's what a very fortunate friend of mine told me.

An easier way to think about it is this. When you receive an egg from the daycare the values for the next egg are loaded and stay set until it is made and received/rejected. When I say values I mean nature, gender, ability slot, shiny (haven't tested) and which IVs are inherited from which parents and exactly what value the random IVs are.

This trick works for XY and ORAS. Because of this it's a good idea to have multiple breeding projects at once so if one spread doesn't fit someone then it can go to a pokemon that id does go well on

Many berries do not participate in mutations. In fact, only 26 berries take part in any sort of mutation, for a total of 13 mutation pairs.

Question: I ran from Uxie as I ran out of Ultra Balls (and I wasn't thinking, so I didn't save directly before). Will it re-appear? If so, how?

I was killed by Uxie so I would hope you can run into it again xD

I imagine it'll just appear again at the right time. All I see on Bulbapedia though is they appear "If you're there at the right time of day"

I imagine it'll just appear again at the right time. All I see on Bulbapedia though is they appear "If you're there at the right time of day"

If it doesn't, maybe beat the E4 again? Works with Deoxys as well...

I have a question...

I just finished the Delta Episode (don't judge me. I was late coming to ORAS) in the end with my battle with Deoxys, I wanted to catch it so I decided to weaken it with Rayquaza's Dragon Ascent (BTW I also want to know, if it's called DRAGON Ascent, why is it a Flying type move?) and knocked Deoxys out with one hit. So I wanna know, does it appear again so I can catch it? Or did I just miss my chance to catch it because of my stupidity?

If it doesn't, maybe beat the E4 again? Works with Deoxys as well...

Other Mirage Spot Legendaries do, so I don't see why not. XD
I have a question...

I just finished the Delta Episode (don't judge me. I was late coming to ORAS) in the end with my battle with Deoxys, I wanted to catch it so I decided to weaken it with Rayquaza's Dragon Ascent (BTW I also want to know, if it's called DRAGON Ascent, why is it a Flying type move?) and knocked Deoxys out with one hit. So I wanna know, does it appear again so I can catch it? Or did I just miss my chance to catch it because of my stupidity?

Yes, yes, yes. It respawns on top of Sky Pillar after entering the Hall of Fame again. XD

It's probably called that because it's the signature move of a Dragon-type.

New Question: Does the region a Scatterbug/Spewpa was caught in determine what sort of Vivillon pattern it has when it evolves? Like, if I get a French Scatterbug via Wonder Trade and evolve it to Vivillon, will it have the French pattern or my local pattern?

There is a list of all Berry Muttation-Combination. I have it when I try to get all berries on XY. Just try google it I guess.

You misread. I said I want to figure out the mutations on my own, not just look up a list of them.

Many berries do not participate in mutations. In fact, only 26 berries take part in any sort of mutation, for a total of 13 mutation pairs.

Ah, alright, thanks. Do any of the Type Reducing Berries participate in mutations? There's so many, it'd aid my figuring-out-combos efforts if I could skip that whole swath.

*runs off to test*

An easier way to think about it is this. When you receive an egg from the daycare the values for the next egg are loaded and stay set until it is made and received/rejected. When I say values I mean nature, gender, ability slot, shiny (haven't tested) and which IVs are inherited from which parents and exactly what value the random IVs are.

This trick works for XY and ORAS. Because of this it's a good idea to have multiple breeding projects at once so if one spread doesn't fit someone then it can go to a pokemon that id does go well on

I guess they did that to curb soft resetting, but they had to realize we'd figure this out.

Do you HAVE to start with Magikarps?

*runs off to test*

I guess they did that to curb soft resetting, but they had to realize we'd figure this out.

No but Magikarp has the fastest hatch speed by a large margin. With flame body and hatch power 3 and an egg will hatch a bit after one round on the battle resort.

Flannery is in Scorched Slab and Winona is on top of one of the pylons on the roof of Mauville. Not sure about Brawly, Norman and Wallace. Wattson has the whole New Mauville thing as his time out of the gym. Sidney is in the Battle Maison when you first visit it, Phoebe is at Mount Pyre and Drake is on the ship if you take it from Lilycove to Slateport.
I've heard you can meet everyone except Glacia (who gets referenced as enjoying the ramen at Mauville food court)

I think the only thing Norman gets is the Eon Ticket. Wallace, aside from Delta Episode, has the Contest Spectacular appearances. Brawly also appears outside his gym after beating Lisia for the first time in Contest Spectaculars. Chaz brings him over and says he's training his and Macherie's toughness with him.

*runs off to test*

No but Magikarp has the fastest hatch speed by a large margin. With flame body and hatch power 3 and an egg will hatch a bit after one round on the battle resort.

Holy...

I am trying this out. So to sum it up

1. Leave Magikarp couple
2. Save immediately after receiving every egg, before the Breeder gets the next one.
3. If one of them appears a shiny, reset and replace the parents with a different couple of your choice
4. Shiny pokemon of your choice GET☆??

Am I right?

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom