• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (XY Edition)

? I don't know why you're apologizing?? If I used a Braviary and a Ditto instead of a couple of Magikarps, then it's obviously going to guarantee an egg that will always hatch as male, right? Then if I replace the parents when the next egg is a shiny, I'd be able to get a guaranteed male shiny, right? I'm planning to get my shiny male Ralts that way instead of just blindly hatching eggs, hoping for the 50% chance of getting a male one.

Or will it not work that way?

I was apologizing for diffusing your hopes for an easy shiny. You probably will have to hatch a lot of eggs in the near future for your goals. If you want an idea of your odds then put this in your url Pokemon X/Y - IV Breeding Probability Calculator. I'm not sure how the shiny charm effects this if it does at all or if you even have it. Regardless it's a good tool to tell you your odds and to help plan breeding methods.

Not quite. Basically, using the above scenario, say you got a egg with a gender value of 75. For Braviary, since it's only male, that would result in the hatched Rufflet being male. But a Ralts hatching with that same value would end up female. With different numbers (because powers of two), that's essentially how the game works.

This is pretty spot on here. The value doesn't change but it has different effects on the result depending on the parent species.

GTS Shiny Legendary legitimacy

I just got a Shiny Zekrom via the GTS in ORAS and happened to notice that it doesn't have the 6th gen blue pentagon marker. After checking its summary, I discovered that the game claims that my new Pokemon came all the way from Unova! I'm a little suss about this, but I really needed a Shiny Zekrom for my Shiny Legends collection. Is it possible that I have a hack? If anyone else has encountered something similar to this, please post a comment about it.

Re: GTS Shiny Legendary legitimacy

I just got a Shiny Zekrom via the GTS in ORAS and happened to notice that it doesn't have the 6th gen blue pentagon marker. After checking its summary, I discovered that the game claims that my new Pokemon came all the way from Unova! I'm a little suss about this, but I really needed a Shiny Zekrom for my Shiny Legends collection. Is it possible that I have a hack? If anyone else has encountered something similar to this, please post a comment about it.
Its hacked. Zekrom is shiny locked in the Unova games and it can only be caught shiny legitimately in ORAS.

Re: GTS Shiny Legendary legitimacy

Its hacked. Zekrom is shiny locked in the Unova games and it can only be caught shiny legitimately in ORAS.

...Drat! Oh, well; at least I wasn't the only one who got played in that trade. The person I got the fake from only asked for a Houndoom in return, without even specifying a level, so I gave them the only spare Houndoom I had, which just so happened to be at its absolute minimum possible level.

...Does that make me a bad trader? I hope not.

Re: Simple Questions + Simple Answers: ORAS Edition

So I just got AS a little over a week ago and I'm currently on my way to Fortree City. I just got through doing the thing where Latias joins your team and Steven gives you the Mega Bracelet.

1. When/Where do you get the Mega Stone for your starter? I'm dying to get the Mega Stone for my Sceptile since it just evolved a bit ago ;w;
2. How do I find other Mega Stones in the game? I'd like to have one for my Altaria, Camerupt, and Manectric if I can. Do you find them in random places or is it after a certain time? Also are certain stones only version exclusive like with X and Y?
3. Is Feebas as much of a pain in the ass to find here than in the originals, or is there a quicker way?

Last edited:

So I just got AS a little over a week ago and I'm currently on my way to Fortree City. I just got through doing the thing where Latias joins your team and Steven gives you the Mega Bracelet.

1. When/Where do you get the Mega Stone for your starter? I'm dying to get the Mega Stone for my Sceptile since it just evolved a bit ago ;w;
2. How do I find other Mega Stones in the game? I'd like to have one for my Altaria, Camerupt, and Manectric if I can. Do you find them in random places or is it after a certain time? Also are certain stones only version exclusive like with X and Y?

Have a list of their locations.

In other words, you'll get your starter's Mega Stone just before the Fortree Gym. Mega Stones for Hoenn Dex Pokemon can be found immediately, while non-Hoenn Mega Stones appear after defeating/catching Kyogre/Groudon, all either on the ground or from an NPC--AND THEY AREN'T TIME-BASED! Show a Collector in Lilycove City your Altaria to get Altarianite (or whatever it's called), Manectite can be found near the north end of Cycling Road, and Cameruptite...well, I'm sorry to say this, but you can't get it in AS till after the Delta Episode.

Have a list of their locations.

In other words, you'll get your starter's Mega Stone just before the Fortree Gym. Mega Stones for Hoenn Dex Pokemon can be found immediately, while non-Hoenn Mega Stones appear after defeating/catching Kyogre/Groudon, all either on the ground or from an NPC--AND THEY AREN'T TIME-BASED! Show a Collector in Lilycove City your Altaria to get Altarianite (or whatever it's called), Manectite can be found near the north end of Cycling Road, and Cameruptite...well, I'm sorry to say this, but you can't get it in AS till after the Delta Episode.

Crap, I was hoping to roast Steven's steel types in the Elite 4 with a Mega Camerupt, but oh well. And I guess I'll wait until after I get the Fortree badge for the Manectrite because I'm honestly too lazy to go all the way back towards Cycling Road without using Fly ^^'
Thanks~ ^_^

Ok so after lots of searching and moving around, I finally decided the exact place I want to put my secret base.

One problem: there's already a secret base here, AND THE JERK HAS THEIR PC BLOCKED OFF.

Is there any other way to forcibly remove a base when you can't get to the PC?

Ok so after lots of searching and moving around, I finally decided the exact place I want to put my secret base.

One problem: there's already a secret base here, AND THE JERK HAS THEIR PC BLOCKED OFF.

You can delete them from your own Secret Base. Just remember your name and go to your own base's PC, and the delete option will be in the menus (I believe under something like "Manage Secret Bases" or something, but don't quote me on that).

Is Landorus-T banned?

Is Landorus-T (or I for that matter) banned in battle spot singles? I tried to slide it in my party today and I wasn't allowed to connect. I took it out, added in another poke, and was all good to battle. What's the deal?

Re: Is Landorus-T banned?

Is Landorus-T (or I for that matter) banned in battle spot singles? I tried to slide it in my party today and I wasn't allowed to connect. I took it out, added in another poke, and was all good to battle. What's the deal?

They are banned.

You can delete them from your own Secret Base. Just remember your name and go to your own base's PC, and the delete option will be in the menus (I believe under something like "Manage Secret Bases" or something, but don't quote me on that).

Ah, thank you!

So lately--probably for the last two weeks or so--I have had extremely little success finding opponents on Free Battle via Wi-Fi on Alpha Sapphire. When I try to connect, I am repeatedly getting the "An opposing Trainer could not be found" message, even after several attempts. Usually, I just give up and turn my game off or start Wonder Trading (never any difficulty finding anyone on there).

I play Triple Battle exclusively, which I get is not the most popular format, but I've never had this difficult of a time finding a Free Battle. Even when AS/OR were brand new, I was always able to find a battle, but these last two weeks... almost never.

Is anyone else experiencing this? Is there a reason for it?

It is probably just because there is nobody else who currently wants to play in your format whenever you try to. I don't usually do Triple Battles but it is odd that apparently nobody else in the world does. XD
I'd just try until it evntually matches you with someone, or just suck it up and do a Single or Double battle if you're impatient.

Where can I find a Water Stone?
I wanna try to evolve Lombre before the Elite 4.

Where can I find a Water Stone?
I wanna try to evolve Lombre before the Elite 4.

You can trade a Blue Shard for a water Stone at Route 124. A Blue Shard can be found on the same route (requires some diving shenanigans)

Alternatively you can get one from doing Super Secret Training. The Blastoise one.

To unlock that you have a full EVed Pokemon

Does the Special Attack boost from Solar Power stay even if the affected Pokemon loses its ability? For example, if Solar Power Charizard (already under sunlight) transforms into Mega Charizard-Y, will its Special Attack revert back to normal, or will still have the boost as Mega Charizard-Y?

Can you get any of the Gem items yet (More specifically though, the Flying Gem.), besides the Normal Gem in either of the games? I heard that you can apparently get them from smashing rocks via Rock Smash, but I dunno... According to Serebii though, the Gem items are coded into the games, so yeah. Anyway, are the Gem items obtainable somehow?

Does the Special Attack boost from Solar Power stay even if the affected Pokemon loses its ability? For example, if Solar Power Charizard (already under sunlight) transforms into Mega Charizard-Y, will its Special Attack revert back to normal, or will still have the boost as Mega Charizard-Y?
Pretty sure it loses the 50% boost from Solar Power since its ability changes to Drought.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom