• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions + Simple Answers: ORAS Edition

Can non Japanese players get the Serperior event? If so where do you put in the code?

Where is the location of the held-item, Poison Barb? I'm pretty sure I had one during my previous playthrough, but I can't remember where I found it.

Where is the location of the held-item, Poison Barb? I'm pretty sure I had one during my previous playthrough, but I can't remember where I found it.

I don't know of any specific places where you find a Poison Barb, but you might be able to find them on certain wild Pokémon like Tentacool and Roselia.

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (XY Edition)

Does Turning Off Your 3DS Affect Soft Resetting For Shiny Starter?
I don't think it does... But still! Does it affect my chances if I power off my 3DS?
Thanks.

Any way to get back to the room with Kyorge? Really, I can't get back to the room. I was battling him, and I went back after my Pokemon fainted. NO WAY TO GET TO THE ROOM!

Any way to get back to the room with Kyorge? Really, I can't get back to the room. I was battling him, and I went back after my Pokemon fainted. NO WAY TO GET TO THE ROOM!

I had this problem as well. In the Cave of Origin, don't take the same route you took the first time. There is an alternate route that, before, you weren't able to go through, but now that you already battled Kyogre, you can to get back to where it is. In the first floor of the Cave of Origin, go all the way to the left and you'll see a pathway entrance. Go that way and just follow that route and you'll eventually return to the cave where you confront Kyogre.

Last edited:

This would have been absolutely terrible. It took me long enough to achieve the platinum rank. If I had to battle several trainers in order to get a single flag, I most likely would still be attempting to achieve it. I probably would have given up my attempt.

Yeah, but the thing is, that it seems that normally most people just skip all the battling, and just take the flag and just run out of the base.

You're right, that is the thing. You need a whopping 1000 flags to get Platinum rank. Ain't nobody got the time to battle 1000-6000 Trainers.

I had this problem as well. In the Cave of Origin, don't take the same route you took the first time. There is an alternate route that, before, you weren't able to go through, but now that you already battled Kyogre, you can to get back to where it is. In the first floor of the Cave of Origin, go all the way to the left and you'll see a pathway entrance. tgo that way and just follow that route and you'll eventually return to the cave where you confront Kyogre.

Ahh... thank you.

This would have been absolutely terrible. It took me long enough to achieve the platinum rank. If I had to battle several trainers in order to get a single flag, I most likely would still be attempting to achieve it. I probably would have given up my attempt.

Yeah, but the thing is, that it seems that normally most people just skip all the battling, and just take the flag and just run out of the base.

You're right, that is the thing. You need a whopping 1000 flags to get Platinum rank. Ain't nobody got the time to battle 1000-6000 Trainers.

Huh. This got moved to the Questions & Answers thread for some reason.

Makes me wonder if anyone ever battles the Trainers in the Secret Bases at all...

I suppose while I'm here as well...

Is it possible to get anymore Welcome Mats for your Secret Base? Also, can you get a Regirock and/or a Registeel Doll? I know you can get a Regice Doll, so yeah.

I don't know of any specific places where you find a Poison Barb, but you might be able to find them on certain wild Pokémon like Tentacool and Roselia.

Yeah, that's probably how I got the one I had, so I'll just do that.

Thank you.

Does Turning Off Your 3DS Affect Soft Resetting For Shiny Starter?
I don't think it does... But still! Does it affect my chances if I power off my 3DS?
Thanks.

It doesn't, so you're safe.

Okay... One more quick question.

Will changing my trainer ID affect soft resting?
I hear that the trainer code matters. My trainer code is 55599. Which I thought was good. But I'm 958 Srs in and no sign of shiny Fennekin. Which I also know isn't too bad

Yeah, Skorupi, Roselia, Tentacool, and Tentacruel can hold Poison Barbs.

Is it possible to legitimately get shiny legendaries in oras now? I've seen a number on the GTS but I don't want to start trading for them before I know they're legit.

Is it possible to legitimately get shiny legendaries in oras now? I've seen a number on the GTS but I don't want to start trading for them before I know they're legit.

IIRC the only Legendaries in ORAS that are Shiny-locked are Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza and Deoxys, so yeah.

Okay... One more quick question.

Will changing my trainer ID affect soft resting?
I hear that the trainer code matters. My trainer code is 55599. Which I thought was good. But I'm 958 Srs in and no sign of shiny Fennekin. Which I also know isn't too bad

That trainer ID is as good as any. From how I understand it, it RNGs a number and if that number fits your ID somehow the pokemon is shiny. But changing your ID won't matter, as there's still the other random number that needs to fit.
Hope that makes sense :)

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom