• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (XY Edition)

DSC_0030.jpg
help Q_Q ?

Here's some troubleshooting you can do:
1. Turn off the 3DS, 2DS or 3DS XL. Take out the SD card, and check for any dirt or debris. Clean it if there's anything suspicious.
2. If you have a digital copy, find "Repair Software" on the eShop. I believe it won't delete your save data.
3. If you have the latest patch downloaded, delete it and then re-install it.
4. If you have a physical copy, take it out of the system, and put it in another.

Try any or all those methods. When nothing works, you're just going to have to delete the save file, I'm afraid (press Up on the d-pad, B button and X button).

1. Turn off the 3DS, 2DS or 3DS XL. Take out the SD card, and check for any dirt or debris. Clean it if there's anything suspicious.
2. If you have a digital copy, find "Repair Software" on the eShop. I believe it won't delete your save data.
4. If you have a physical copy, take it out of the system, and put it in another.

Try any or all those methods. When nothing works, you're just going to have to delete the save file, I'm afraid (press Up on the d-pad, B button and X button).
Well I lost 560 hours of breeding all legends and a lot of BR pokes just when I was about to transfer them to Alpha Saphire Q_Q

Well I lost 560 hours of breeding all legends and a lot of BR pokes just when I was about to transfer them to Alpha Saphire Q_Q

Wow, I am sorry that this has happened to you! :(

Re: Simple Questions + Simple Answers: ORAS Edition

Hey, I'm just wondering, but does Cherrim's signature Ability, Flower Gift, still activated during Extremely Harsh Sunlight caused by Primal Groudon's Desolate Land Ability?

Hey, I'm just wondering, but does Cherrim's signature Ability, Flower Gift, still activated during Extremely Harsh Sunlight caused by Primal Groudon's Desolate Land Ability?

Yeah, it will activate.

How much does BW2's story rely on things that happened in BW1? Meaning could you understand it if you didn't play BW1?

How much does BW2's story rely on things that happened in BW1? Meaning could you understand it if you didn't play BW1?

Not much - there are references, like in HGSS, but that's about it. You don't need to have played BW1 to understand BW2.

Ah, speaking of Cherrim, I just remembered something I've been wondering about: Is there any way to activate Cherrim's forme change within Amie or Contests?

It's not fair that I can't play with its cute little sakura form, ahaha...

How can I trade?

For Christmas I got a 2DS and both Hoenn remakes OR and AS. My last Pokemon game was White version and I honestly didn't think I'd play another, but it's the remakes of my very first one, Emerald so I had to give it a shot.

Is there a way for me to transfer my Pokemon from white version or is it too out-of-date?

On a different note, how do I trade at all? I'm used to there being a second floor to the Pokemon Center or something, but I can't find any way to trade with these new games at all. Will I be able to trade between my OR and AS with only one 2DS or do you still need 2 systems?

Re: How can I trade?

You can transfer your pokemon from White to ORAS, but it's through the Pokemon Bank.

And yes, you need two systems to trade between OR and AS. You don't need to go to a Pokecenter now though, it's all through Player Search System (PSS for short)

Last edited:
How do you get the Johto starters?

I just beat the Elite Four for the first time, and I read that I was supposed to get a Johto starter upon exiting my house. I ran into a stuttering woman, but Prof. Birch wasn't on rout 101. Did I do something wrong, or will it happen later?

Re: How do you get the Johto starters?

I just beat the Elite Four for the first time, and I read that I was supposed to get a Johto starter upon exiting my house. I ran into a stuttering woman, but Prof. Birch wasn't on rout 101. Did I do something wrong, or will it happen later?

I think you need to complete the Delta Episode for your Johto Starters.

I think you need to complete the Delta Episode for your Johto Starters.

That's correct. Once you do that, you can choose a Johto starter. Then, just beat the Elite Four 2 more times to get a Unova and Sinnoh starter

No you didn't, and the information above is false (well, semi)
If you enter and exit your house again, the Johto starter scene will be triggered (so make sure you safe right before exiting your house if you want to SR for a shiny or good nature or something)

I've been trying everything to get Regigigas to appear in Island Cave. I have all three Regis in my party, and my Regice is nicknamed and holding a NeverMeltIce. I've been going into the cave during the day and Regigigas still isn't appearing. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

I've been trying everything to get Regigigas to appear in Island Cave. I have all three Regis in my party, and my Regice is nicknamed and holding a NeverMeltIce. I've been going into the cave during the day and Regigigas still isn't appearing. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

According to Bulbapedia, To open the door, you have to read the Braille inside and stand in the same place for two minutes without moving.

SS Tdal

I was looking up stuff on bulbapedia when i came across the fact that the blastoisinite is on the ss tidal. But whenever i try to go on it, i transports me to the place i choose. But i don't actually get to walk on the boat. Can somebody help me:-(

I had two people in the Friends section of my PSS. A few days ago, I put my AS cartridge into my friend's 3DS so I could trade with my copy of Y. When I did this, the game told me I had changed systems and that the Friends section would update accordingly. It did - it registered my profile on Y as being online (as it was, in my own 3DS).

After completing my business, I put AS back in my own 3DS. But the Friends section is empty completely. My friend can be online and playing the damn game a foot away from me and she STILL isn't showing up again in my Friends section. Any ideas how to fix this?

Re: SS Tdal

I was looking up stuff on bulbapedia when i came across the fact that the blastoisinite is on the ss tidal. But whenever i try to go on it, i transports me to the place i choose. But i don't actually get to walk on the boat. Can somebody help me:-(

The guide I have says that you get to explore the boat if you choose to travel between Slateport and Lilycove. But if this isn't happening for you, it looks like your copy may be glitched. :(

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom