• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions + Simple Answers: ORAS Edition

If I start a new game on ΩR, will I still be able to use features like the global link and pokemon bank?
Pokemon Bank can be used on any 3DS Pokemon game, whether or not it is yours. So yes to Bank.

Not sure if Global Link is tied to a specific game file, but I doubt it.

You have to re-register your game through Game Sync for every save file you make (exchanging data from the global link and such)

Re: Does Generational up-trading work?

Sadly no you cannot trade up from Gold Silver or Crystal. The reason why is because they completely remodeled the I.V. and E.V. system. But from any game on the third generation (Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, Fire Red and Leaf Green) can trade up to any games on the forth gen engine (Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, Heart Gold and Soul Silver) directly by having the 3 gen in the bottom of the ds (only original and ds light models can do this) and going to the pal park which is on route 221 in Sinnoh and where the safari zone was in gen 1 in the gen 2 remakes.

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (XY Edition)

Um, how exactly does the Poke Radar work? Whenever I walk into one of the shaky patches of grass, it just has me encounter a random Pokemon. I thought it's supposed to be the same one over and over. Also, like a fourth of the time, there's nothing in the patch at all -- it says, "Oh? There was no Pokemon here after all" or something.

I thought if you use a Repel and walk from shaky patch to shaky patch, you'll encounter the same Pokemon over and over and its chances of being shiny keep increasing, like with Chain Fishing.

Am I supposed to be noticing differences in the way the patches shake or something? Is that why I keep encountering random mons in the patches?

Um, how exactly does the Poke Radar work? Whenever I walk into one of the shaky patches of grass, it just has me encounter a random Pokemon. I thought it's supposed to be the same one over and over. Also, like a fourth of the time, there's nothing in the patch at all -- it says, "Oh? There was no Pokemon here after all" or something.

I thought if you use a Repel and walk from shaky patch to shaky patch, you'll encounter the same Pokemon over and over and its chances of being shiny keep increasing, like with Chain Fishing.

Am I supposed to be noticing differences in the way the patches shake or something? Is that why I keep encountering random mons in the patches?

Yeah, the patches will a shake differently, in order to chain, you need to find patches that shake the same way because they're likely to have the same Pokemon in them. You do need to use Repels to keep from encountering random Pokemon which will break your chain. Chaining takes a lot of practice to get the hang of.

2 questions: Is there a way to make a backup of your safe file? Just in case it corrupts or something.

Also, is an Eelektross holding an Air Balloon with Wonder Guard the ultimate unkillable pokemon? Would there be a way to get that?

2 questions: Is there a way to make a backup of your safe file? Just in case it corrupts or something.
It is possible with powersaves, but you have to buy it and it is in the gray area that Nintendo dislikes.

Also, is an Eelektross holding an Air Balloon with Wonder Guard the ultimate unkillable pokemon? Would there be a way to get that?
Only Shedninja can have Wonder Guard.
Ever.
And it is not foolproof either, because any Pokemon with Mold Breaker bypasses it completely if I recall correctly.

In gen V there were people who hacked WonderEyes and WonderTombs, but the process of moving Pokemon onto the 3DS games is very strict on legality. I do not think that anyone has figured out how to make obviously hacked Pokemon in Gen VI, nor do I want them to. Those people ruin online play.

It is possible with powersaves, but you have to buy it and it is in the gray area that Nintendo dislikes.

Only Shedninja can have Wonder Guard.
Ever.
And it is not foolproof either, because any Pokemon with Mold Breaker bypasses it completely if I recall correctly.

In gen V there were people who hacked WonderEyes and WonderTombs, but the process of moving Pokemon onto the 3DS games is very strict on legality. I do not think that anyone has figured out how to make obviously hacked Pokemon in Gen VI, nor do I want them to. Those people ruin online play.

Couldn't you technically use Skill Swap from a Guardevoir on Eelektross, giving it Trace. Then Eelektross would trace the Wonder Guard of the opponents Shedinja. I think I read that Trace works with Wonder Guard.
But this method still only works if the enemy is playing along.

If you can somehow manage to set it up, then yes it would be strong. But the chances are not very good of that happening.

And like I mentioned above, if they have a Mold Breaker Pokemon it will just bypass the ability altogether. Also Destiny Bond and Perish song may be able to bypass it.

Couldn't you technically use Skill Swap from a Guardevoir on Eelektross, giving it Trace. Then Eelektross would trace the Wonder Guard of the opponents Shedinja. I think I read that Trace works with Wonder Guard.
But this method still only works if the enemy is playing along.

Yes, Trace works on Wonder Guard but Trace replaces itself the moment the Pokemon enters battle so Trace itself is basically unswappable (you end up swapping the Traced ability not Trace itself). However since Trace can't trace itself it's technically possible you could do this if the opening Pokemon are all Trace vs. Trace (causing the abilities to all fail) and then somebody swaps to the Eelektross so you can Skill Swap Trace onto it (in turn causing it to trigger), but yeah, that'd require the opponent playing along with the plan. It's easier just to bring in a Porygon and Trace it off of Shedinja that way. Then it's immune to everything except Fighting (and if you put Trick-or-Treat on it after that, it becomes immune to everything but Dark).

Why is my Roserade shaking at the start of every battle

Sometimes there'll be a phrase after it shakes

The last one was something like "Roserade can't want to battle"

Is this to do with Amie

Yeah, the patches will a shake differently, in order to chain, you need to find patches that shake the same way because they're likely to have the same Pokemon in them. You do need to use Repels to keep from encountering random Pokemon which will break your chain. Chaining takes a lot of practice to get the hang of.

Ah, thanks. Man, Poke Radar hardly seems worth it. Usually after one or two mere chains, I get a single tiny shaky bush that has no mons in it. So it's like, 99.999% pure luck.

No, THIS is the ultimate unkillable Pokemon...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciuAcwbny6w

Technically, this wouldn't have to be an Eelektross. Eelektross only has no weaknesses normally because of its ability. If we're going for a Wonder Guard-Air Balloon set-up, any single-typed Electric Pokémon would be effective here.

But even then, this set-up isn't foolproof. Wonder Guard doesn't protect against status ailments, weather conditions, or other non-move forms of damage. And as mentioned elsewhere, Mold Breaker, Teravolt, and Turboblaze could all bypass it.

If I send my Diancie from ΩR to the bank and start a new game, will I be able to send it back to my new save file and get the Diancite?
Also, will starting a new game remove my wonder cards?

Last edited:

Why is my Roserade shaking at the start of every battle

Sometimes there'll be a phrase after it shakes

The last one was something like "Roserade can't want to battle"

Is this to do with Amie

Yeah, that's a result of using Pokémon-Amie.

If I send my Diancie from ΩR to the bank and start a new game, will I be able to send it back to my new save file and get the Diancite?

You can transfer Diancie to Bank, but Bank doesn't allow items to be transferred. If your Pokemon is holding an item and you send it to Bank, the item it was holding gets sent back to your bag. If you want to keep it, you should find someone that you trust enough and trade with them so they can hold it until you want it back.

I know items can't be transferred, I want to know if I send my Diancie back to ΩR the little event that will give me the Diancite will happen or not.
#badgrammar

I have a question.

If I cancel my participation from a PGL online competition, and this competition includes a gift, will I get the gift anyway?

Just that I did a good bunch of battles and I want to unlock the battle box, but I don't know if I'll lose the HA Tyrunt.

Battle of Hoenn question

I just did my first live competition (Battle of Hoenn, and did horribly I might add) and I am wondering how/when do we get the Tyrunt reward? I thought it might be a delivery person at the Pokémon Center, but none have arrived yet.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom