• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Battle of Hoenn question

You have to do either 3 or 10 battles, idk. I also DK how it'll be distributed. Probably an e-mail with the code.

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (XY Edition)

I have a digital copy of Y, that stoped working around six months ago, every time I choose my savefile, an error message is shown. How can I fix it without deleting the data?

Also related, I heard a rumor who says that If I remove the SD card from the 3DS the game data from Y will be lost. Is that true?

Re: Simple Questions + Simple Answers: ORAS Edition

I didn't catch Kyogre during the story of AS. after the delta episode, i beat the elite four again and went back to the cave of origin. It still wasn't there. Went to the seafloor cavern. Wasn't there

I just did my first live competition (Battle of Hoenn, and did horribly I might add) and I am wondering how/when do we get the Tyrunt reward? I thought it might be a delivery person at the Pokémon Center, but none have arrived yet.

They're going to email download codes to your PGL email account on the 30th. Well, it's not 100% certain but it seems the most likely method. It'l definitely be something on the 30th.

I have a digital copy of Y, that stoped working around six months ago, every time I choose my savefile, an error message is shown. How can I fix it without deleting the data?

Also related, I heard a rumor who says that If I remove the SD card from the 3DS the game data from Y will be lost. Is that true?

Dunno why your game stopped working or how to fix it, but removing your SD card absolutely will NOT ruin or delete any of your data. How else would you get videos and movies from the camera off your 3DS other than removing the SD card?

(By any chance did you try hacking your Y save data? That might've corrupted it. Either way, if worse comes to worse and you HAVE to restart your file, remember that you can transfer Pokemon to/from your PC from the PokeBank app without starting the game up. So if you have or are willing to get PokeBank, you could use it to get all your mons safely off your Y game before restarting it.)

They're going to email download codes to your PGL email account on the 30th. Well, it's not 100% certain but it seems the most likely method. It'l definitely be something on the 30th.

Dunno why your game stopped working or how to fix it, but removing your SD card absolutely will NOT ruin or delete any of your data. How else would you get videos and movies from the camera off your 3DS other than removing the SD card?

(By any chance did you try hacking your Y save data? That might've corrupted it. Either way, if worse comes to worse and you HAVE to restart your file, remember that you can transfer Pokemon to/from your PC from the PokeBank app without starting the game up. So if you have or are willing to get PokeBank, you could use it to get all your mons safely off your Y game before restarting it.)

Can you really save pokemon onto the bank when your file corrupts? Are there like several stages of corruption, more unsafe ones or do I not need to worry about corruption this much now?

Another question that just came to my mind, how far are ingame trades locked. Pretty sure gender and shinyness is locked, but what about IVs?

Can you really save pokemon onto the bank when your file corrupts? Are there like several stages of corruption, more unsafe ones or do I not need to worry about corruption this much now?

I'm not 100% sure, but if you're being locked out of your game because the software detected a botched hacking attempt, there's no reason your Pokemon shouldn't be safe and PokeBank-able. The worst that would happen is PokeBank simply wouldn't recognize any mons in your PC, or wouldn't let you load the game in the first place.

Another question that just came to my mind, how far are ingame trades locked. Pretty sure gender and shinyness is locked, but what about IVs?

Again not 100% but I'm pretty sure its IVs are generated on-the-spot, however it's guaranteed to have 3 perfect IVs, just like the in-game legendaries.

I'm not 100% sure, but if you're being locked out of your game because the software detected a botched hacking attempt, there's no reason your Pokemon shouldn't be safe and PokeBank-able. The worst that would happen is PokeBank simply wouldn't recognize any mons in your PC, or wouldn't let you load the game in the first place.

Again not 100% but I'm pretty sure its IVs are generated on-the-spot, however it's guaranteed to have 3 perfect IVs, just like the in-game legendaries.

Thank you for your help. I don't have the means to buy a Pokemon Bank suscription, and I've already used the free trial. I didn't do any hacking, but I did a few GTS trades before the game got corrupted :/ However, most of them were with my physical copy of X, which is in perfect condition.

I just did my first live competition (Battle of Hoenn, and did horribly I might add) and I am wondering how/when do we get the Tyrunt reward? I thought it might be a delivery person at the Pokémon Center, but none have arrived yet.

It's not available until the 30th. When the distribution begins I'm sure they'll explain how we get it.

Does a male Kirlia only evolve with a Shiny Stone or can it also evolve at level 30, into a Gallade?

Does a male Kirlia only evolve with a Shiny Stone or can it also evolve at level 30, into a Gallade?

Male Kirlia will evolve into Gardevoir at Lv 30. If you want to evolve it into Gallade, you'll need a Shiny Stone.

I didn't catch Kyogre during the story of AS. after the delta episode, i beat the elite four again and went back to the cave of origin. It still wasn't there. Went to the seafloor cavern. Wasn't there

Did you check the left entrance inside the Cave of Origin?

Will breeding with two pokemon that are from different countries work for the masuda method even if neither are from my own country? E.g. One korean and one french in an english game

Will breeding with two pokemon that are from different countries work for the masuda method even if neither are from my own country? E.g. One korean and one french in an english game

Yes, that will work, the Pokemon just need to be from different language games.

Is it possible to get eon ticket without the buzznav

I just bought pokemon omega ruby. However, I'm not really going to have much time to play until spring break. I read that you need to get the buzznav to get the eon ticket, but I think you need to get far in the game to get it. I really want to secure myself an eon ticket for future use. Is it possible to get it without buzznav?

Re: Is it possible to get eon ticket without the buzznav

I just bought pokemon omega ruby. However, I'm not really going to have much time to play until spring break. I read that you need to get the buzznav to get the eon ticket, but I think you need to get far in the game to get it. I really want to secure myself an eon ticket for future use. Is it possible to get it without buzznav?

Tecnically, yes, you don't need the Buzznav.

Spoiler-free version: At one point of the story you arrive on southern island to do something, but you can't come back unless you have the event-only Eon Ticket, which is obtainable after you streetpass with someone who has it on their game.

Spoiler version:
Shortly after the fifth gym, you will recieve a call from Steven, and both will go to Southern island to stop Team Aqua/Magma. Then, you will get Latias in AS and Latios in OR without battling.

The eon ticket allows you to come back to the island to capture Latios in AS and Latias in OR.

Spoiler-free version: At one point of the story you arrive on southern island to do something, but you can't come back unless you have the event-only Eon Ticket, which is obtainable after you streetpass with someone who has it on their game.

Spoiler version:
Shortly after the fifth gym, you will recieve a call from Steven, and both will go to Southern island to stop Team Aqua/Magma. Then, you will get Latias in AS and Latios in OR without battling.

The eon ticket allows you to come back to the island to capture Latios in AS and Latias in OR.

But let's say I get the eon ticket without the buzznav. When I finally do get the buzznav, will the ticket appear, or do I have to street pass again?

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (XY Edition)

I wonder who has the problem of transporting the rewards of the demo to the full game. Steven keeps saying that i should return tomorrow but it passed a while(bought ORAS day one) and Steven still keeps saying to return back the day after.
I tried to beat a challenge in the demo itself (because it means a day in the demo), but i still can't solve the problem. All softwares are up to date, even the firmware of the hardware itself (console) is up to date, i wonder how to solve this problem...

Spoiler version:

But let's say I get the eon ticket without the buzznav. When I finally do get the buzznav, will the ticket appear, or do I have to street pass again?

The Eon Ticket is an item that will stay in your bag forever after you obtain it, and It's not linked to turning the buzznav on/off.

I believe you will need the Buzznav on to obtain the Eon ticket in the first place, as it requires you to enable the Street/Spotpass settings and then physically pass someone with the ticket. If you don't have the settings enabled, I don't think it can receive the ticket.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom