• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

A question about the aerilate ability: To calculate the damage of a move, do you calculate the power of by bp x 1.5 (STAB boost) x 1.3 (aerilate boost), or is there no aerilate boost, or is it calculated by bp x 1.3, because the move normally doesn't get STAB, or what?
Aerilate only treats Normal attacks as Flying. STAB is calculated normally at 1.5 afterwards.

EDIT:
Checked Serebii and noticed they do mention a 30% boost. I would recommend asking on the Simple Questions/Simple Answers for BST thread. They tend to be able to answer the more technical questions about moves and abilities better than most.

Last edited:
Regular Attacks in PMD

Hi ^^

I have a question about Mystery Dungeon: Does somebody know what is used to calculate the damage a Pokémon deals with regular attacks in PMD? It might be its Attack stat, but how is the damage calculated? There must be some kind of formula for it...

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (XY Edition)

I wish I could give you a definitive answer. I downloaded the demo when you had to sign up for it, and I was able to get all of the rewards. All I can say is try contacting Nintendo.

I'm still trying.. I just want to know, did you download the limited one (when you get those flyers from events) or directly from the store??

I've got an odd question, I have a Charizard and Ditto in the day care but the guy outside says they don't like eachother. According to Bulbapedia, this means they won't make an egg...any suggestions?
(Male lv.84 Charizard holding nothing, lv 49 Ditto holding nothing)

I've got an odd question, I have a Charizard and Ditto in the day care but the guy outside says they don't like eachother. According to Bulbapedia, this means they won't make an egg...any suggestions?
They'll produce an egg eventually - the non-breeding message is "They prefer to play with other Pokemon"

They'll produce an egg eventually - the non-breeding message is "They prefer to play with other Pokemon"
I just discovered this, after leaving the area and returning...
thanks though. Not very familiar with breeding.

That's OK :)
The breeding messages, in order of of productiveness, go -
"They seem to get along very well"
"They seem to get along"
"They don't like each other very much"
When you get an egg, put a Pokemon with Flame Body or Magma Armor in your party to make it hatch faster

That's OK :)
The breeding messages, in order of of productiveness, go -
"They seem to get along very well"
"They seem to get along"
"They don't like each other very much"
When you get an egg, put a Pokemon with Flame Body or Magma Armor in your party to make it hatch faster
I knew the last bit...though Lumiouse city is what I do. Stick my school ID card in the circle pad and go eat dinner.

Pokemon Bank re subscribe

How to I purchase my new annual pass? It's been a year, and I see on the top that the "time renaming on your pass: 33 days". How do I pay for the new subscription?

Re: Pokemon Bank re subscribe

How to I purchase my new annual pass? It's been a year, and I see on the top that the "time renaming on your pass: 33 days". How do I pay for the new subscription?

There should be an option when you first open up the app to renew your pass or I think they word it to "buy a pass" or something of the like. I'll take a look see when I get off from work if someone hasn't answered more definitively before then.

Small opiniony question:
Taking into account stats and types only, who would win, blaziken or charizard? My friend and I were having an argument and I want to prove it wrong. This was a simple question, no?

Very opiniony question:
Taking into account stats and types only, who would win, blaziken or charizard? My friend and I were having an argument and I want to prove it wrong. This was a simple question, no?

Fixed that for you.

This question is very hard to answer. For obvious reasons with IVs, EVs, and specific move sets it is almost moot point pointing towards one winning.

Taking into account ONLY stats and types, however gets you these facts.
Spoilered because this is the complicated answer that does not answer the question while the simple answer is after the spoiler.

●For some unholy reason Charizard has odd stats that end in 8,4,9 instead of the nice clean intervals of 10 Blaziken has. Charizard also literally has 4 more total points than Blaziken whether it is C v B, MCX v MB, or MCY vs MB. Literally 4 points... >.>

● On that note, comparing the total number of points better one has over the other, Charizard has 4 greater in all situations... again. Why 4???

NOTE: These points are assuming that I do not care about stat differences less than 5. (Which I do not)
◆ Blaziken always has 30+ greater base attack than Charizard (with a 56 difference between MB vs MCY)
◆Their base HP is always almost nearly the same.
◆Charizard and MCX has greater base def than Blaziken and MB while MCY vs MB is nearly the same.
◆C vs B and MCX vs MB are pretty much the same base special attack while MCY has 29 more points (for obvious reasons)
◆Across the board Charizard has 5-35 greater base special defence depending on the matchup.
◆ Charizard has 20 greater speed while all of the Megas share the same speed.

■Since all 5 are "not very effective" and are resistant to fire I will ignore fire and focus on the secondary types.
■B/MB vs C/MCY has C/MCY being x2 resistant to fighting, while having a x2 damage bonus of Flying vs Fighting.

Soo. Charizard has just slightly better stat/typing combination, but without considering EVs, IVs, and moves there is no way to answer this accurately.

Last edited:
■B/MB vs C/MCX has Charizard being resistant to fighting moves. Nothing else exciting.
■B/MB vs C/MCY has C/MCY being x4 resistant to fighting, while having a x2 damage bonus of Flying vs Fighting.
Wait, isn't Charizard only x2 resistant? MCX isn't resistant at all?
and MCY is x2 resistant with a x2 damage, right?

■B/MB vs C/MCX has Charizard being resistant to fighting moves. Nothing else exciting.
■B/MB vs C/MCY has C/MCY being x4 resistant to fighting, while having a x2 damage bonus of Flying vs Fighting.
Wait, isn't Charizard only x2 resistant? MCX isn't resistant at all?
and MCY is x2 resistant with a x2 damage, right?

Mmm, think when I was comparing the two I accidentally left MCY's fighting resistance under MCX.

On the topic of MCY... I am tired and want to go home. Bad excuse I know.
I grouped them incorrectly in my head as x2 fire resistance and x2 fighting resistance as being a x2 fighting resistance for some reason.

Will fix both now. This just blurs the line more in this scenario honestly.

There should be an option when you first open up the app to renew your pass or I think they word it to "buy a pass" or something of the like. I'll take a look see when I get off from work if someone hasn't answered more definitively before then.

I don't see anything... :/ Did you?

Do Ribbons have a predetermined order or are they displayed in the order they're obtained?

I don't see anything... :/ Did you?

What I've been reading has led me to believe you can't actually accrue years while you still have an active subscription to the service. In order to renew, you need to wait til your subscription has run its course, then once it's used up, you'll have a grace period during which you'll be prompted to "purchase" another year of use. It should be straight forward once your year is up :) hope this helped!

A few ? here
What fossils are there in OR and what is there location and can they be revived to be female or will i have to breed for that to happen

A few ? here
What fossils are there in OR and what is there location and can they be revived to be female or will i have to breed for that to happen

Kabuto, Shieldon, Archen (according to the article on ORAS on bulbapedia) and they should have a chance to be female (but there's a 1 in 8 chance the revived Pokémon will be female, so it might take some soft resetting

Oh and Lileep and Anorith's fossils are both in the game, but you can only get one (so to get the other, you'll have to trade for the other)

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom