• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Does the Smogon strategy pokedex work on your phone (Android)? I know this isn't really the place to ask this, but I think many people would still know.

"It's a special Pokemon. You cannot trade it!"

I have three Deoxys so when i was looking for a legendary i did not have (Phione), and one of them was asking for a Deoxys, i figured I'd give up one. "It's a special Pokemon. You cannot trade it!". All three Deoxys.

So my question is, what causes "It's a special Pokemon. You cannot trade it!"?

Re: "It's a special Pokemon. You cannot trade it!"

It has a certain event ribbon that prevents it from being traded over the GTS.

Does the Smogon strategy pokedex work on your phone (Android)? I know this isn't really the place to ask this, but I think many people would still know.

In theory, yes, as they have a mobile version
It however never works properly for me, so if you're on the way and can't check at home if a Pokémon is decent, I guess you can only keep it aside till you can check

Things I still don't get about Pokémon games

I'm sorry if there is a thread for similar stuff, but I couldn't find any particularly similar threads when searching. This spans across generations also.

In Gen IV, when you battle someone, for example the Elite Four, after you destroy their first Pokémon, the balls to indicate how many Pokémon he/she has left, very often (always?) the second ball will be grey, as if you've defeated their #2 Pokémon.
Trying to illustrate this here (couldn't find one where the first Poké is defeated):

13-fliluccyn012g.png
They always send out the same Pokémon first, don't they? And shouldn't the first one in the party be greyed out anyway?

In Gen I, every move except Swift had a 99,6 % accuracy, or something like that. You read everywhere that that's exclusive to Gen I. But I've encountered a lot of times, in Gen II, that moves made by opposing Pokémon will happen to miss. I've so far only seen it on no-damaging attacks, like Tail Whip from a wild Raticate. What's going on there?

Re: Things I still don't get about Pokémon games

I'm sorry if there is a thread for similar stuff, but I couldn't find any particularly similar threads when searching. This spans across generations also.

In Gen IV, when you battle someone, for example the Elite Four, after you destroy their first Pokémon, the balls to indicate how many Pokémon he/she has left, very often (always?) the second ball will be grey, as if you've defeated their #2 Pokémon.
Trying to illustrate this here (couldn't find one where the first Poké is defeated):

View attachment 97366
They always send out the same Pokémon first, don't they? And shouldn't the first one in the party be greyed out anyway?

In Gen I, every move except Swift had a 99,6 % accuracy, or something like that. You read everywhere that that's exclusive to Gen I. But I've encountered a lot of times, in Gen II, that moves made by opposing Pokémon will happen to miss. I've so far only seen it on no-damaging attacks, like Tail Whip from a wild Raticate. What's going on there?

1. That's where their first Pokémon's position is after they've swapped it out.

2. Not a clue.

In Generations I and II, there is a 1/4 chance of a status move failing if used by an enemy AI, if that's what you're referring to.

1. That's where their first Pokémon's position is after they've swapped it out.
Ooohh, that makes sense. Yes. Thanks. Weird implementation, though.

In Generations I and II, there is a 1/4 chance of a status move failing if used by an enemy AI, if that's what you're referring to.
Yes it is! I remember things in RBY not being accurate, but I thought that was fixed in Gen II. Apparently not. Thanks!

Problem

I want to trade with my cousin who lives in California who has pokemon x. I want to trade with my pokemon alpha sapphire game. Do I have to streetpass him to make him my friend or is there another way.

Re: Problem

I want to trade with my cousin who lives in California who has pokemon x. I want to trade with my pokemon alpha sapphire game. Do I have to streetpass him to make him my friend or is there another way.
No, you do need to add his friend code to your 3DS though(and he needs to add yours)

No, you do need to add his friend code to your 3DS though(and he needs to add yours)
We both already did that
I was wondering where the megastone for blastoise in oras
You go on the ss tidal from lilycove to slateport or vice versa. When you are on the ship, go left until you get to the outside of the ship. It is next to some lady at the top

We both already did that

If you have both added each other and are both showing up as "accepted" friends on your 3DS's friend list(this means that you can see their Mii), then you both just need to get online at the same time to trade. If they are greyed out, either one of you did not put the other one in or one of you messed up thr Friend Code.

They will automatically appear on your Pokemon friend list under the PSS tab. Just remember that they will appear as their character's name and not their 3DS name in-game. And again, you need to both be online to do anything.

We both already did that
I was wondering where the megastone for blastoise in oras
You go on the ss tidal from lilycove to slateport or vice versa. When you are on the ship, go left until you get to the outside of the ship. It is next to some lady at the top

you mean i have to beat th elite 4 and that crap before i get it?

How could a Mega Altaria with 1 Dragon Dance outspeed my 31 Speed IV 252 EV Adamant Scolipede after 2 speed boosts. I checked and Altarias max speed is 145 while mine was 164, and I was even on a higher speed tier. So how could that have happened?

Last edited:
How could a Mega Altaria with 1 Dragon Dance outspeed my 31 Speed IV 252 EV Adamant Scolipede after 2 speed boosts. I checked and Altarias max speed is 145 while mine was 164, and I was even on a higher speed tier. So how could that have happened?

What moves were both of you using?

What moves were both of you using?

I used Baton Pass and the Altaria was using Return (not 100% sure). So there was no priority either.

Where does one find the Destiny Knot in OR/AS, may I ask?

You can get it after a rematch with Young Couple Lois and Hal in Sea Mauville, but its only a 10% chance I believe. Just save in front of them and keep battling until you get it, that is how I got mine.

I've also heard that you can get it from your fans after a master rank contest but I haven't gotten it this way yet so I'm not sure about it.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom