• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

What Pokemon is the least valuable Pokemon on the GTS? Trying to make sure someone doesn't snipe a trade on future giveaways by having others deposit something no one will want.

What Pokemon is the least valuable Pokemon on the GTS? Trying to make sure someone doesn't snipe a trade on future giveaways by having others deposit something no one will want.

Something that isn't a starter, Eevee, or anything that appears on the earlier routes. And it shouldn't be commonly used in Battles, as people are often trading Breed-Rejects. Maybe Spinda, I don't think anyone looks for Spindas on the GTS.

Alternately, if you have HGSS, it's possible to catch certain evolved Pokemon at lower levels than they normally evolve at (mostly in the Johto Safari Zone). Yeah, you'll look like a troll for requesting that "Lv.10-20 Haunter", but then that's kind of the point.

I don't know if this is the right place to ask this, but -
Say I have a Japanese copy of Pokemon Pearl, and an American copy of SoulSilver (the games are interchangeable, as long as they are in Gen 4) can the two games trade between each other, without wifi?
Or, say I have a Japanese copy of a Gen 5 game. Will this still be able to transfer to my American Pokemon Bank?

Hey guys I am new to Pokemon X and it is the first Pokemon game since Sapphire. Currently I am at the part where you need to wake up Snorlax I was wondering if my Pokemon are at the appropriate levels at this point in the game and can anyone comment on my roster so far?

Frogadier- Lvl 29 (main starter, water type).
Charmeleon- Lvl 29 (secondary starter, fire type)
Simisage- Lvl 28 (Main grass pokemon)
Pidgeotto- Lvl 29
Pikachu- Lvl 28 (will evolve it to Raichu once I get the thunderstone)
Honedge- Lvl 25- Is it worth keeping this pokemon and evolving it later? I want at least one ghost type in my roster

Hey guys I am new to Pokemon X and it is the first Pokemon game since Sapphire. Currently I am at the part where you need to wake up Snorlax I was wondering if my Pokemon are at the appropriate levels at this point in the game and can anyone comment on my roster so far?

Pidgeotto- Lvl 29
Honedge- Lvl 25- Is it worth keeping this pokemon and evolving it later? I want at least one ghost type in my roster

Hmmm... honestly I do not think you have anything to worry about at that point. That Snorlax is only level 15 and seeing as how you have such a wide variety of types, I don't see you having any trouble in the near future even if you do fight people closer to your level.

I personally do not use the Honedge line, but I know that people have loved it since it came out. I think the typing had many gamers drooling on their 3DSs.
Personally, Mismagius is all I need. ;)

Help!

Many years ago I bought Pokemon Black for my birthday. To this day, I have not beat it. Is it just me or is leveling up nearly impossible? My team is helpless in front of the Elite Four and even though I grind with Audinos and battle in the stadiums I cannot match up with them.
My team is (and please don't laugh at my helplessness):
Emboar lvl 63
Mienfoo lvl 47
Deino lvl 42
Woobat 41
Sawsbuck 39
And my newest, Frillish 29

I heard that I need many ghost, normal, dark, and bug moves so many of them have a few.
However! I still can't win...! I really need help. How can I possibly level them up (preferably fast because I need to beat this game to transfer up my Old Gen Pokemon)?

Thank you for any help, no matter how small

Re: Help!

I really need help. How can I possibly level them up (preferably fast because I need to beat this game to transfer up my Old Gen Pokemon)?

There doesn't seem to be an issue in terms of the methods you've been using to train your team, i.e. Audino grinding and facing trainers in the Nimbasa sports domes. They are indeed the quickest ways of grinding levels in Black and White, but the experience yield per battle can be improved even more if you equip your battling Pokemon with a Lucky Egg (which you should have obtained from Prof. Juniper in-game). If your Pokemon are too weak to beat opponents while training, switch them out for a stronger Pokemon and the original Pokemon will get a share of the experience. Another alternative is to equip the Exp. Share to a Pokemon, which will allow it to gain experience from a battle without participating.

One glance at your team shows that it is great in terms of type coverage, but loaded with too many unevolved Pokemon at unbalanced levels. I recommend that you look up how to evolve these Pokemon if you want to do so - Woobat evolves into Swoobat through max happiness, for instance. The Elite 4 have Pokemon at levels set between 48 and 50, so get the rest of your team to a similar level and you should be much better prepared given that your Emboar is already so strong.

Pidgeotto- Lvl 29

You're way overlevelled, actually. Is your EXP Share on? For a six-member team it practically triples the total XP you get from battle.

I don't know if this is the right place to ask this, but -
Say I have a Japanese copy of Pokemon Pearl, and an American copy of SoulSilver (the games are interchangeable, as long as they are in Gen 4) can the two games trade between each other, without wifi?
Or, say I have a Japanese copy of a Gen 5 game. Will this still be able to transfer to my American Pokemon Bank?

You will be able to trade between the two Gen IV games freely, so there should be no problem there.

As for the transfer through PokéBank, everything I've seen online says that it should work as well.

Bulbapedia says that in Generation VI there are 4 specific times of the day which are morning, day, evening and night. Does a Dusk Ball have an increased probability of catching a Pokémon in the evening as well as in the night?

The Dusk ball has a better chance in catching a Pokemon at night and in caves.

Sorry for the somewhat-useless post, but if I have a question that covers all generations, should I ask it in here or somewhere else?

I'd say here, as this is the central "Simple Question, Simple Answers" thread where you will get the most attention.
Alternatively you could post in the Pokemon World subsection if it goes beyond the games.

So if you evolve a Pokemon using a stone it can't learn any new moves? I got a Level 43 Simisage that hasn't learned any moves since I got it to evolve and the moves it is stuck with is so weak.

Sorry for the somewhat-useless post, but if I have a question that covers all generations, should I ask it in here or somewhere else?

I'd say here, as this is the central "Simple Question, Simple Answers" thread where you will get the most attention.
Alternatively you could post in the Pokemon World subsection if it goes beyond the games.

'Kay then. I'm doing a little something and I need to know every single way to get wild Pokémon in the series, from the simplest methods such as walking in tall grass to the most complicated ones such as using the dual-slot mode in D/P/Pt.

So if you evolve a Pokemon using a stone it can't learn any new moves? I got a Level 43 Simisage that hasn't learned any moves since I got it to evolve and the moves it is stuck with is so weak.

There are indeed some Pokémon that don't learn any new moves by leveling up after evolving with a stone, and Simisage is one of them. You could always teach him moves in other ways such as TMs, move tutors and stuff like that though.

I have a question. In Alpha Sapphire, I have 23 boxes in the PC and have yet to get all 31 boxes. Since I'm using Pokebank to help with rearranging my Pokemon in Pokedex order so it'll be easier to see what I have and what I don't have as I work on filling my Pokedex. I want to move all of my legendary Pokemon into box 30 and 31 so they're out of the way, but I don't want anything bad happening to them. Is it safe to move them to those two boxes once I finished rearranging my Pokemon?

Does anyone know all of the banned moves on free battle in Omega Ruby?

I've looked everywhere and I can't find the exact moves that are banned. I'm trying to use Floette, Melowetta, and Talonflame.

Whether a Pokémon will learn moves after evolving from a stone depends on the Pokémon's species. For example, Vaporeon, Jolteon, and Flareon all have complete movesets that they can learn after evolution, while Pokémmon such as Simisage, Simisear, and Simipour will learn no new moves after evolution. Bulbapedia's articles on Pokémon have lists of moves that can only be learned by prior evolutions, so you can use them to check to see if there's any moves you might miss out on if you evolve your Pokémon early.

As for your current Simisage, while it will no longer learn any moves by leveling up, it can still use TMs and move tutors to learn certain moves, so just know that you aren't out of options.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom