• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Is there a list for ORAS showing the value of each legendary on the GTS? (The one from XY is probably outdated)
How valuable are Enigma Berries and the Secret Base Pal/PokeMilage exclusive berries on the GTS?
What non-legendary is best to start the chain: Goodra (only evolves in rain), Porygon-Z (requires 64 BP or 200+ PokeMiles and two trade evolutions), or something else?
Once I have completed the chain, if I'm not satisfied with its stats, is it better to level it up to 100 and ask for the same species at its level when untouched or alternate trades with another species? (all of this while holding a rare berry)

Last edited:
Re: Help!

I've been farming the second floor of sprout tower for exp when I started to realize that all of the enemies I was coming across were lvl 3-4 Rattatas. I was wondering since shiny chaining and shiny fish chaining seem to be where you just ko the same guy over and over again, would this spot in sprout tower where there are only Rattatas be a place where I can shiny chain without the use of a poke radar? So in short can you shiny chain without a poke radar if there is only one pokemon that can spawn in a given area?

Re: Help!

I've been farming the second floor of sprout tower for exp when I started to realize that all of the enemies I was coming across were lvl 3-4 Rattatas. I was wondering since shiny chaining and shiny fish chaining seem to be where you just ko the same guy over and over again, would this spot in sprout tower where there are only Rattatas be a place where I can shiny chain without the use of a poke radar? So in shoront can you shiny chain without a poke radar if there is only one pokemon that can spawn in a given area?

Unfortunately, I do not believe this is the case. The increased odds of finding a shiny Pokémon through PokéRadar chaining (and later on, chain fishing and DexNav chaining) are specific mechanics put in place to manipulate the shiny encounter rate only when you are using the specific method to do so. Simply finding the same Pokémon over and over just through random encounters should not raise the shiny encounter rate over its default.

How often do Pokemon have their hidden ability in Horde Encounters?

I don't think there's a definitive answer to give. What I can tell you is catch a Pokémon that can learn Skill Swap or Entertainment. With one of those two moves, you can farm hordes to see which Pokémon has their HA.

I hope that helped. Happy hunting!

Does the ORAS Gracidea event/flag work with any Shaymin?

As long as the Shaymin is legitimate (or at the very least appears legitimate to the game), it should work no matter where it originated.

In particular I'm talking about the one you can catch in DPPt. It should work, supposing it gets through Bank's filter.

The Platinum one should be fine, yes. One from Diamond and Pearl might be a bit sketchier - since Oak's Letter was never released for those games, it's technically not a legitimate method of capture. But yeah, any Shaymin that gets through the PokéTransporter should be fine.

Quick question about catching legends.

Trying to catch a legendary with a certain nature. Can I catch/check it then reset or is it set already (before saving at the portal.) For instance Fire Emblem is "SET" when you die even starting over with a reset you still die you have to literally start the whole mission over. That kind of issue. I ASSUME (not sure though) you can turn off reset at save. and different nature if it isn't the nature you want reset at the portal save correct? Just double checking. Thanks!

Re: Quick question about catching legends.

Trying to catch a legendary with a certain nature. Can I catch/check it then reset or is it set already (before saving at the portal.) For instance Fire Emblem is "SET" when you die even starting over with a reset you still die you have to literally start the whole mission over. That kind of issue. I ASSUME (not sure though) you can turn off reset at save. and different nature if it isn't the nature you want reset at the portal save correct? Just double checking. Thanks!
That is correct; you can reset for nature, shininess, IVs and so on :)

Re: IV's

You can find information about IVs on serebii.net, where they also have an IV calculator. Bulbapedia also has some info.

IVs are points, 0-31, in Pokemon's stats to make Pokemon of the same species and level have slightly different stats. Every Pokemon you encounter have IVs in HP, Attack, Defence, Sp. Attack, Sp. Defence and Speed respectively. In ORAS, if you use the search navigator, stars will show up to the right if the wild Pokemon has 31 IVs in any of the stats. Three stars means at least three stats with 31 IVs. You can never change the IVs of a Pokemon.

You can change the EVs of a Pokemon, however. You might notice when you train, that some stats has increased even if you hasn't levelled up. Different Pokemon you battle give different kinds EVs (HP EV, Attack EV . . . . Speed EV) along with experience points.

So, what you want, is to have a Pokemon with as high IVs as possible. Get a Pokemon with three stars using the search navi and check an IV calculator on the web to see what IVs the Pokemon has.

Re: IV's

You can see IVs as the genes of the pokemon. Ones with higher IVs will have higher stats than ones with lower IVs. Then can't be modified through legal means, but you can breed to increase them in a new generation.

Speaking of stat-breeding and all, I've been doing that myself to get a good Ponyta with Morning Sun, Flash Fire, and a max attack IV at least. I want a Rapidash for my team because it's my favorite Pokemon besides Keldeo (equine fan here! Which means I'll be going after a good Zebstrika too!). I got the max attack IV because I managed to catch a mama Ponyta that had one. So I got a Power Bracer, put it on her and made Ponyta foals with max attack!

I just have one question about this. I have two Ponyta I hatched that have Flash Fire and Morning Sun and don't have bad natures (one has a gentle nature, the other a mild nature), though they don't have any max IVs besides the attack stat. I'm leaning towards using the gentle nature one because that one increases its sp. def, but here's my question. I brought both of these Ponyta to the judge, and for the gentle nature one, he says its potential is decent all around, but he said that the mild nature one is above average all around. which of these two quotes is the better result? I can't really tell, they both kind of sound the same.

Speaking of stat-breeding and all, I've been doing that myself to get a good Ponyta with Morning Sun, Flash Fire, and a max attack IV at least. I want a Rapidash for my team because it's my favorite Pokemon besides Keldeo (equine fan here! Which means I'll be going after a good Zebstrika too!). I got the max attack IV because I managed to catch a mama Ponyta that had one. So I got a Power Bracer, put it on her and made Ponyta foals with max attack!

I just have one question about this. I have two Ponyta I hatched that have Flash Fire and Morning Sun and don't have bad natures (one has a gentle nature, the other a mild nature), though they don't have any max IVs besides the attack stat. I'm leaning towards using the gentle nature one because that one increases its sp. def, but here's my question. I brought both of these Ponyta to the judge, and for the gentle nature one, he says its potential is decent all around, but he said that the mild nature one is above average all around. which of these two quotes is the better result? I can't really tell, they both kind of sound the same.

Bulbapedia has a page on the stat judge that outlines what all their quotes mean. To answer your question, above average is better than decent.

@RiverAura; I checked Bulbapedia's page, I couldn't find what I was looking for. But thank you, though I went and asked on another site and got the answer already. Sorry... I just reaaally wanted to pick a Ponyta already. :p

I'm going to breed for a better one though, as someone offered to help me out with that.

steelixite in x and y?

Does anyone know of how to get steelixs mega stone in x and y. Or is it only available in omega ruby alpha sapphire?

Re: steelixite in x and y?

Only in ORAS sadly.

Megas available in both XY and ORAS:
Venusaur, Charizard XY, Blastoise, Alakazam, Gengar, Kangaskhan, Pinsir, Gyarados, Aerodactyl, Mewtwo XY, Ampharos, Scizor, Heracross, Houndoom, Tyranitar, Blaziken (from the old event), Gardevoir, Mawile, Aggron, Medicham, Manectric, Banette, Absol, Garchomp, Lucario, Abomasnow.

Megas only available in ORAS:
Pidgeot, Beedrill, Slowbro, Steelix, Sceptile, Swampert, Sableye, Camerupt, Sharpedo, Altaria, Glalie, Salamence, Metagross, Latias, Latios, Rayquaza, Lopunny, Gallade, Audino, Diancie.

Question: What's so differently unique about Kurt's Pokeballs, and why do people prefer those over regular ones?

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom