• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: steelixite in x and y?

Wasn't the Steelixite only obtainable through the Japanese demo?

This is my first post on this forum and I made this account solely to ask this question. Well, it's more like seeking advise (note, I am a relative beginner when it comes to the metagame). I'm trying to get a 5IV Axew with HP/ATK/DEF/SP.DEF/SPD. No matter how hard I try, I can't seem to get one with perfect HP IVs. I figured that I was doing something wrong but couldn't find an answer searching the internet.

Currently, I have two Axews with 5 perfect IVs but they both have SP.ATK instead of HP. The male is holding Destiny Knot and the female is holding the Power Weight. What do you propose I do? Will I have to start all over again?

This is my first post on this forum and I made this account solely to ask this question. Well, it's more like seeking advise (note, I am a relative beginner when it comes to the metagame). I'm trying to get a 5IV Axew with HP/ATK/DEF/SP.DEF/SPD. No matter how hard I try, I can't seem to get one with perfect HP IVs. I figured that I was doing something wrong but couldn't find an answer searching the internet.

Currently, I have two Axews with 5 perfect IVs but they both have SP.ATK instead of HP. The male is holding Destiny Knot and the female is holding the Power Weight. What do you propose I do? Will I have to start all over again?
You need to remove the Power weight! :) The power items guarantee the passing on of the responding stat IV of the parent holding it, so all of your baby Axews receive the exact same IV in HP every time. I hope this helps and good luck!

You need to remove the Power weight! :) The power items guarantee the passing on of the responding stat IV of the parent holding it, so all of your baby Axews receive the exact same IV in HP every time. I hope this helps and good luck!

I'll try that. Thank you very much!

Edit: Oh, should I put anything in place of the power weight?

If a Pokémon with the ability Guts is holding a Lum Berry to cure any condition does the raise in the Attack stat from its ability happen before the Lum Berry is automatically used?

The Ability should activate first, followed by the Lum Berry.

If a Pokémon with the ability Guts is holding a Lum Berry to cure any condition does the raise in the Attack stat from its ability happen before the Lum Berry is automatically used?
I don't think Guts actually boosts the Attack stat (i.e. "the [Pokemon]'s attack increased!") so much as silently boosts attack power if the Pokemon uses a move while affected by a status condition. Ergo, if they're holding a Lum Berry and get afflicted before they can attack, the Lum berry triggers first, so Guts does not activate in this situation.

I could be wrong, though -- in my experience I usually have the faster Pokemon so it's a moot point.

Last edited:
Regarding EV training, if a Pokemon has one of the Power items equipped, do they get the bonus 4 EVs for each Pokemon defeated in a horde? Say my Pokemon is holding the Power Anklet which gives +4 EVs and I beat a horde of Zubat; do I get that +4 bonus for every Zubat or just once?

Regarding EV training, if a Pokemon has one of the Power items equipped, do they get the bonus 4 EVs for each Pokemon defeated in a horde? Say my Pokemon is holding the Power Anklet which gives +4 EVs and I beat a horde of Zubat; do I get that +4 bonus for every Zubat or just once?

You get the +4 bonus for every Pokemon in a horde, so you would get 25 EVs per horde, 50 if you have Pokerus.

You get the +4 bonus for every Pokemon in a horde, so you would get 25 EVs per horde, 50 if you have Pokerus.
Alright, thank you.

Can you use Mega Latios/Latias in X/Y since they're in the game's code?

You can't since items such as megastones can't pass through Pokebank. Even if you managed to trade them to X/Y, the game won't recognize the megastones for Latias and Latios.

I'm not sure if I'm supposed to post this here or not, but I was hoping I could possible get help with my 3DS? For some reason I can't connect to the internet with it, stating something that is wrong with my 3DS; I've managed to find my Primary DNS (Or is it DSN?) but I can't seem to locate the second one. Do you think I could get a hand or if someone else has encountered this problem lately? That would be a huge help, thank you!

I'm not sure if I'm supposed to post this here or not, but I was hoping I could possible get help with my 3DS? For some reason I can't connect to the internet with it, stating something that is wrong with my 3DS; I've managed to find my Primary DNS (Or is it DSN?) but I can't seem to locate the second one. Do you think I could get a hand or if someone else has encountered this problem lately? That would be a huge help, thank you!

You must make sure the wi-fi router you're connecting to is the right one. Some routers require a code to connect and others have a button on it that once you try to connect you're given 30 seconds to connect (this is the AOSS, select it when you're looking for a connection). Also make sure your router is actually working. Then when you load XY/ORAS you'll have to try the wifi signal just to double check. And obviously make sure that the switch on the side of your 3DS is on for connections (yellow light will glow)

Question:

How do we "clone" Pokemon, and is it allowed?
Oftentimes with third party hardware and software not made or supported by Nintendo. I think I heard someone mention that you could clone by trade, but I myself have never seen this successfully performed.

Whether it is allowed is a loaded question. You are making the game give you a (potentially) unlimited number of any Pokemon. So obviously it is frowned upon by some, but for legality checks like with Bank they are completely unnoticeable... Well unless you have a box full the same Event Pokemon with all of the exact same meta-data...

If I use an HP Up on my Clefable, sure his HP will raise but it will have an effect in battle with real persons? Does it gonna to raise his HP or it will have no effect?

(Sorry if I am not really good in english)

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom