• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Has ORAS changed special Pokeball breeding at all? Can you get HA Pokemon in special Pokeballs in ORAS that you couldn't in XY? Can male parents pass down Pokeballs now? Any changes at all from XY?

Has ORAS changed special Pokeball breeding at all? Can you get HA Pokemon in special Pokeballs in ORAS that you couldn't in XY? Can male parents pass down Pokeballs now? Any changes at all from XY?
I don't expect there to be any changes from XY, but I haven't actually participated in ORAS breeding, so I can't confirm.

Male parents can't pass Pokeballs. I know because while I was trying to breed for a good Ponyta in AS, they all got the mama Ponyta's ball.

Still waiting for an answer to my question, btw.

So, Bulbapedia says the Drag Down Hydreigon Super Training regimen is supposed to give you a Sun Stone sometimes, but I've gotten a Moon Stone four times in a row. Does it only give you a Sun Stone during the day or something? (it's night here right now)

Nope, it's completely random each time. It appears you've just hit a bit of an unlucky streak.

I'm not sure if I'm supposed to post this here or not, but I was hoping I could possible get help with my 3DS? For some reason I can't connect to the internet with it, stating something that is wrong with my 3DS; I've managed to find my Primary DNS (Or is it DSN?) but I can't seem to locate the second one. Do you think I could get a hand or if someone else has encountered this problem lately? That would be a huge help, thank you!

You must make sure the wi-fi router you're connecting to is the right one. Some routers require a code to connect and others have a button on it that once you try to connect you're given 30 seconds to connect (this is the AOSS, select it when you're looking for a connection). Also make sure your router is actually working. Then when you load XY/ORAS you'll have to try the wifi signal just to double check. And obviously make sure that the switch on the side of your 3DS is on for connections (yellow light will glow)

It is the right wi-fi router and the connection is working but not my 3DS. That's the main problem. So I don't know what to do.....

I attempted to do the 'cmd' and 'ipconfig/all' and I only got the primary. All I'm trying to do is find my Secondary DNS server.

The error code I keep on getting it 003-2102; saying something about busy connections or the DNS or Proxy getting entered wrong. So far I've managed to confirm for my DNS codes but I can't get anything else working now. This is starting to get rather frustrating.

Last edited:
Nope, it's completely random each time. It appears you've just hit a bit of an unlucky streak.

Are you sure? Because I tried again several times today and I got no Moon Stones. Yet, I did finally get a Sun Stone.

In Gen III's Faraway Island event location, when you encounter Mew, do you encounter him like a normal battle? As in you can catch him in any Pokeball you want?

EDIT: Also, do all Pokemon in Friend Safaris have a chance to have their HAs? (Provided your Friend is online of course.) Are there any mons you can encounter in Friend Safaris that don't have HAs?

Last edited:
In Gen III's Faraway Island event location, when you encounter Mew, do you encounter him like a normal battle? As in you can catch him in any Pokeball you want?
AFAIK, that Mew is encountered like any other walk-up-to-it-and-battle wild Pokemon. Which means yes, any Poke Ball type you have on you.

EDIT: Also, do all Pokemon in Friend Safaris have a chance to have their HAs? (Provided your Friend is online of course.) Are there any mons you can encounter in Friend Safaris that don't have HAs?
I've never been really sure about the specifics, but yes Pokemon found in the Friend Safari can have their Hidden Abilities. I don't think there is any species in the Friend Safari that doesn't feature a HA somewhere.

How much does X differ from Y? And should I get OR or Y? (Already have X and AS.)

How much does X differ from Y?

Aside from the usual differences (version exclusives and Legendary mascot), the differences are which Mega Evolution Charizard and Mewtwo will have. Also, certain Mega Stones can be obtained in either X or Y. I believe that coincides with the version exclusives that can Mega Evolve.

And should I get OR or Y? (Already have X and AS.)
Get OR if you want to see the story from the perspective of Team Magma. Get Y if you like Mega Mewtwo Y and Mega Charizard Y.

Last edited:
Aside from the usual differences (version exclusives and Legendary mascot), the differences are which Mega Evolution Charizard and Mewtwo will have. Also, certain Mega Stones can be obtained in either X or Y. I believe that coincides with the version exclusives that can Mega Evolve.

And should I get OR or Y? (Already have X and AS.)
Get OR if you want to see the story from the perspective of Team Magma. Get Y if you like Mega Mewtwo Y and Mega Charizard Y.

I would go for OR tbh, cause all Mega Stones are obtainable in there (Including Mega Mewto/Charizard Y stones)

I never got to play the original Ruby, but I am having a lot of fun exploring Kalos.

I heard there is a way to trade with yourself (not transferring pokes between games with bank) with one 3ds using the GTS is this true and if so how do you do it?

I heard there is a way to trade with yourself (not transferring pokes between games with bank) with one 3ds using the GTS is this true and if so how do you do it?
1 - On the first game, deposit the Pokemon on the GTS. If you want it to hold an item (such as evolutionary items), do that now.
2 - When depositing, ask for a specific Pokemon you know you have on the second game (species, level, and gender).
3 - Then switch to the second game and search for the deposited Pokemon (species, level, and gender), and exchange the requested Pokemon for it.

Advantages:
- Able to evolve Pokemon by trade without requiring another person or 3DS

Disadvantages:
- Can't trade event Pokemon or Mega Stones
- Somebody else can potentially trade the Pokemon before you

So I was DexNav chaining for a shiny swablu (which I have so far failed to get, incidentally) and then my DexNav just stopped finding them. So, okay, I presume my chain just broke or something, fair enough. But since then, it's refusing to successfully search for any pokemon anywhere. Should I panic, or is there something I can do about this?

So I was DexNav chaining for a shiny swablu (which I have so far failed to get, incidentally) and then my DexNav just stopped finding them. So, okay, I presume my chain just broke or something, fair enough. But since then, it's refusing to successfully search for any pokemon anywhere. Should I panic, or is there something I can do about this?

I can't comment on how to search for shiny Pokémon, since I don't know anything about that subject. All I can say is I usually have a similar experience with the DexNav. If I get unlucky, I will leave the area, and come back to the patch of grass. Waiting a few seconds usually works for me, too.

I hope that helps you. It works for me, at least.

I can't comment on how to search for shiny Pokémon, since I don't know anything about that subject. All I can say is I usually have a similar experience with the DexNav. If I get unlucky, I will leave the area, and come back to the patch of grass. Waiting a few seconds usually works for me, too.

I hope that helps you. It works for me, at least.

Thanks, I may try something like that, although I have tried searching for different things in completely different areas, and it still didn't want to work. I may just try again, and it might just start working again, but for now, it doesn't look so good. Thanks anyway.

i have a question: one day, when my clefairy was lvl 46, it told me if clefairy should learn moonblast. i clicked ''no''. now, its a clefable lvl 100. is there a special person in pokemon XY who can learn moonblast to my clefable unless he's level 100 now?

i have a question: one day, when my clefairy was lvl 46, it told me if clefairy should learn moonblast. i clicked ''no''. now, its a clefable lvl 100. is there a special person in pokemon XY who can learn moonblast to my clefable unless he's level 100 now?

Have you tried the Move Reminder lady in Dendemille town?

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom