• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

i have a question: one day, when my clefairy was lvl 46, it told me if clefairy should learn moonblast. i clicked ''no''. now, its a clefable lvl 100. is there a special person in pokemon XY who can learn moonblast to my clefable unless he's level 100 now?

Have you tried the Move Reminder lady in Dendemille town?
yes and it dont work because i never learn him moonblast

Does the pattern a Vivillon has depend on the location the Scatterbug/Spewpa is caught/hatched in, or, the location it's in when it evolves into Vivillon?

Like, if I get a French Spewpa and evolve it into Vivillon, will it have the French pattern, or my local pattern?

Does the pattern a Vivillon has depend on the location the Scatterbug/Spewpa is caught/hatched in, or, the location it's in when it evolves into Vivillon?

Like, if I get a French Spewpa and evolve it into Vivillon, will it have the French pattern, or my local pattern?
It depends on the game it's caught in/where the egg came from.

It'll have the pattern of the game the egg is created in. Even trading an egg and hatching it on another game with a different pattern doesn't cause the Scatterbug to evolve into a different pattern - it keeps the pattern of the person who made the egg.

(I know this because ages ago I created an egg on my game, traded to Karamazov for him to hatch it for me, and it still ended up evolving into Garden pattern [my pattern] rather than his pattern, despite the fact he hatched it.)

It'll have the pattern of the game the egg is created in. Even trading an egg and hatching it on another game with a different pattern doesn't cause the Scatterbug to evolve into a different pattern - it keeps the pattern of the person who made the egg.

(I know this because ages ago I created an egg on my game, traded to Karamazov for him to hatch it for me, and it still ended up evolving into Garden pattern [my pattern] rather than his pattern, despite the fact he hatched it.)

Neat. So I'll make sure to evolve any Scatterbugs I get in Wonder Trade.

i have a question: one day, when my clefairy was lvl 46, it told me if clefairy should learn moonblast. i clicked ''no''. now, its a clefable lvl 100. is there a special person in pokemon XY who can learn moonblast to my clefable unless he's level 100 now?

so..? (?_?)

Yeah, it sounds like that Clefable has permanently lost the ability to learn Moonblast.

so..? (?_?)

Yeah, it sounds like that Clefable has permanently lost the ability to learn Moonblast.
mm... ok. if only there was an moonblast TM !

I don't think whether not letting a pokemon learn a move effects it. It never seems to effect me. Unless it's because it evolved and judging my the description on bulbapedia I don't think you can make an evolved pokemon learn a move it didn't learn. They may fix this in the future.

But try again with a heart scale and scroll through all the moves, it should be there.

Do battle videos saved from X and Y appear in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire when you use the VS Recorder on the same 3DS with the same SD card? I previously noticed if you insert an X version and a Y version into one 3DS at different times you can save and view battle videos from both versions on the same SD card and since all the battle mechanics from X and Y also feature in ORAS I was thinking that the same videos would appear in an ORAS version's VS Recorder as well.

So out of interest, at what level did the clefairy evolve? I'm pretty sure this shouldn't matter, but just checking it as a possibility. You should still be able to learn any moves you could have learned. Are there any other clefairy moves you're unable to remember with the Move Reminder?

I don't think whether not letting a pokemon learn a move effects it. It never seems to effect me. Unless it's because it evolved and judging my the description on bulbapedia I don't think you can make an evolved pokemon learn a move it didn't learn. They may fix this in the future.

But try again with a heart scale and scroll through all the moves, it should be there.
the lady with the heart scale remember moves that a pokemon learn and then he forget it. but my clefable never learns moonblast so the lady cant learn him.

So out of interest, at what level did the clefairy evolve? I'm pretty sure this shouldn't matter, but just checking it as a possibility. You should still be able to learn any moves you could have learned. Are there any other clefairy moves you're unable to remember with the Move Reminder?

seriously i think ur right... i think my clefairy was never level 46 cause at lvl 46 it was a clefable or maybe a cleffa i dont remember...

Last edited by a moderator:
Only Clefairy learns Moonblast by level-up. Clefable's only fairy-type attack is Disarming Voice. So unless you had Clefairy learn it by level-up, you cannot teach a Clefable Moonblast.

Sceptile and Giga Drain is the same sort of thing. Only Treecko learns Giga Drain, but Sceptile cannot learn Giga Drain through level-up. (of course, now we have the move tutor at the end of ORAS, but that's a bit different)

Only Clefairy learns Moonblast by level-up. Clefable's only fairy-type attack is Disarming Voice. So unless you had Clefairy learn it by level-up, you cannot teach a Clefable Moonblast.

Sceptile and Giga Drain is the same sort of thing. Only Treecko learns Giga Drain, but Sceptile cannot learn Giga Drain through level-up. (of course, now we have the move tutor at the end of ORAS, but that's a bit different)
yea i know this. but is there a person in pokemon XY, ORAS, Black&White2, SoulSilver/Heartgold that can learn moonblast to a pokemon? cause my bro have OR an his friend brought him black2 and heartgold

With the move reminder, you don't need to have actually learned the move in the first place to remember it - some pokemon acquire new moves after evolving at an earlier level to what they evolve at, and need the move reminder to learn them, like ninetales learning Nasty Plot, which it's programmed to learn at level 1, I think. It shouldn't matter that clefairy can learn moonblast, but clefable cannot. By my understanding, if you passed the level at which you could learn it, you should be able to access it with the move reminder. Can't think why this wouldn't work.

With the move reminder, you don't need to have actually learned the move in the first place to remember it - some pokemon acquire new moves after evolving at an earlier level to what they evolve at, and need the move reminder to learn them, like ninetales learning Nasty Plot, which it's programmed to learn at level 1, I think. It shouldn't matter that clefairy can learn moonblast, but clefable cannot. By my understanding, if you passed the level at which you could learn it, you should be able to access it with the move reminder. Can't think why this wouldn't work.

My Clefable passed the level to learn Moon Blast, and she can't learn it it with the move reminder.

Think of it like this:

Shroomish learns Spore at lvl 40 (ORAS).

Shroomish evolves into Breloom at lvl 23.

If you evolve Shroomish into Breloom without learning spore, Breloom cannot ever learn spore. Not even with a move reminder. It is a move only known from a prior evolution.

This is the same with Clefable or any number of pokemon that evolve with the use of a stone. If you hadn't taught them the move that they can only learn from a prior evolution, then they will never be able to be taught it again. This is why it is important to know when to and when to not evolve your pokemon.

CuteClefable, there are no move tutors in gen VI that can teach Moonblast to Clefable. And moonblast was just introduced in this gen so previous gen move tutors wouldn't be applicable. I'm sorry, but your Clefable cannot learn Moonblast.

yea i know this. but is there a person in pokemon XY, ORAS, Black&White2, SoulSilver/Heartgold that can learn moonblast to a pokemon? cause my bro have OR an his friend brought him black2 and heartgold

Unfortunately, no. You can teach it TM99 Dazzling Gleam (it's only 15 Power less), or catch a new Clefairy. Since you evolved it before it could learn Moonblast, the Move Reminder cannot teach it to your Clefairy.

My question is regarding Poke Bank.

If I use PokeBank to transport my pokemon from my X version to, say, Omega Ruby, would those Pokemon count as "traded" or not? I mean, will I have to own a certain Gym badge to use them in battle if they are too high levelled, like the rule for traded Pokemon?

My question is regarding Poke Bank.

If I use PokeBank to transport my pokemon from my X version to, say, Omega Ruby, would those Pokemon count as "traded" or not? I mean, will I have to own a certain Gym badge to use them in battle if they are too high levelled, like the rule for traded Pokemon?
Pretty sure they do since they will have a different trainer ID than your Omega Ruby.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom