• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Yeah, it should count, because it was the same case with Pokemon transferred using the Pal Park in the DS games. They all got boosted exp for me.

I have a question about Growlithe and Arcanine. Arcanine can learn Extremespeed at lv. 34 if you evolve it from a Growlithe at or before that level, but Growlithe also learns Flare Blitz at lv. 45. If I wait to evolve a Growlithe until then, can I still take the resulting Arcanine to the move reminder to teach it Extremespeed? Arcanine can't learn Flare Blitz unless it evolves from a Growlithe that knows it or did know it. And both Extremespeed and Flare Blitz are good moves for an Arcanine because high attack.

My question is regarding Poke Bank.

If I use PokeBank to transport my pokemon from my X version to, say, Omega Ruby, would those Pokemon count as "traded" or not? I mean, will I have to own a certain Gym badge to use them in battle if they are too high levelled, like the rule for traded Pokemon?

If I am not mistaken, all Pokémon that come through the PokéBank will keep the old Trainer ID, and nickname. However, they get the boosted XP bonus.

If I use PokeBank to transport my pokemon from my X version to, say, Omega Ruby, would those Pokemon count as "traded" or not? I mean, will I have to own a certain Gym badge to use them in battle if they are too high levelled, like the rule for traded Pokemon?
Pretty sure they do since they will have a different trainer ID than your Omega Ruby.

If I am not mistaken, all Pokémon that come through the PokéBank will keep the old Trainer ID, and nickname. However, they get the boosted XP bonus.

So if I have just started the game and don´t have the required badges, the pokemon won´t obey me? And does this count for online battles? Or only in- game?

Thanks!

Pretty sure they do since they will have a different trainer ID than your Omega Ruby.

So if I have just started the game and don´t have the required badges, the pokemon won´t obey me? And does this count for online battles? Or only in- game?
In game, they may refuse to obey, but I dont think thats the case in online battles.

Only Clefairy learns Moonblast by level-up. Clefable's only fairy-type attack is Disarming Voice. So unless you had Clefairy learn it by level-up, you cannot teach a Clefable Moonblast.

Sceptile and Giga Drain is the same sort of thing. Only Treecko learns Giga Drain, but Sceptile cannot learn Giga Drain through level-up. (of course, now we have the move tutor at the end of ORAS, but that's a bit different)
yea i know this. but is there a person in pokemon XY, ORAS, Black&White2, SoulSilver/Heartgold that can learn moonblast to a pokemon? cause my bro have OR an his friend brought him black2 and heartgold

Unfortunately, no. You can teach it TM99 Dazzling Gleam (it's only 15 Power less), or catch a new Clefairy. Since you evolved it before it could learn Moonblast, the Move Reminder cannot teach it to your Clefairy.
in fact, i want to forget dazzlingbeam and learn him moonblast. and yes i know that i cant learn him moonblast ''naturally'' because she evolved i just asked for a move tutor or an other thing who can learn moonblast...

In game, they may refuse to obey, but I dont think thats the case in online battles.

Ok, thanks! :)

Yeah, it should count, because it was the same case with Pokemon transferred using the Pal Park in the DS games. They all got boosted exp for me.

I have a question about Growlithe and Arcanine. Arcanine can learn Extremespeed at lv. 34 if you evolve it from a Growlithe at or before that level, but Growlithe also learns Flare Blitz at lv. 45. If I wait to evolve a Growlithe until then, can I still take the resulting Arcanine to the move reminder to teach it Extremespeed? Arcanine can't learn Flare Blitz unless it evolves from a Growlithe that knows it or did know it. And both Extremespeed and Flare Blitz are good moves for an Arcanine because high attack.

Uh, hello anyone? Still need an answer.

Uh, hello anyone? Still need an answer.

Yes. As long as the Pokemon can learn the move prior it will be available at the move relearners. So level Growlithe to 45 for Flare Blitz, evolve it and have it learn Extreme Speed from the move relearners.

Yes. As long as the Pokemon can learn the move prior it will be available at the move relearners. So level Growlithe to 45 for Flare Blitz, evolve it and have it learn Extreme Speed from the move relearners.

Ah, thanks. Though I noticed after I asked the question that my Growlithe has a modest nature (+sp. attack, -attack). xP Oh well.

Only Clefairy learns Moonblast by level-up. Clefable's only fairy-type attack is Disarming Voice. So unless you had Clefairy learn it by level-up, you cannot teach a Clefable Moonblast.

Sceptile and Giga Drain is the same sort of thing. Only Treecko learns Giga Drain, but Sceptile cannot learn Giga Drain through level-up. (of course, now we have the move tutor at the end of ORAS, but that's a bit different)
yea i know this. but is there a person in pokemon XY, ORAS, Black&White2, SoulSilver/Heartgold that can learn moonblast to a pokemon? cause my bro have OR an his friend brought him black2 and heartgold

Unfortunately, no. You can teach it TM99 Dazzling Gleam (it's only 15 Power less), or catch a new Clefairy. Since you evolved it before it could learn Moonblast, the Move Reminder cannot teach it to your Clefairy.
in fact, i want to forget dazzlingbeam and learn him moonblast. and yes i know that i cant learn him moonblast ''naturally'' because she evolved i just asked for a move tutor or an other thing who can learn moonblast...

I'm sorry, I misunderstood you. Like I said, a Move Reminder won't be able to teach it to your Clefable. Since you don't want to use Dazzling Gleam, catch another Clefairy. It learns Moonblast at Level 46.

I'm sorry, I misunderstood you. Like I said, a Move Reminder won't be able to teach it to your Clefable. Since you don't want to use Dazzling Gleam, catch another Clefairy. It learns Moonblast at Level 46.
ok, thanks! but i dont have any moonstone.. :'( just forget this, i am going to keep dazzling beam.

ok, thanks! but i dont have any moonstone.. :'( just forget this, i am going to keep dazzling beam.

I can trade you a moon stone.

I can trade you a moon stone.

no thanks its good i dont want to change of clefable i want to keep this one

Re: Simple Questions Simple Answers (XY Edition)

what is QR code exploits? Can you really get any pokemon or item by scanning a code?

Help!

Can someone please tell me how to pick up hidden items? I can't figure out how.

Thanks!

Lilligant

Re: Help!

Can someone please tell me how to pick up hidden items? I can't figure out how.
When you have the dowsing machine equipped, note that your character's movement will be aligned to the internal grid.

The dowsing machine works a little differently in each generation, but in Gen 6 (both XY and ORAS) basically you run around randomly until it initially lights up, which indicates there is something in the general direction you are facing. At that point start moving forward just one square at a time. If at any point it stops lighting up, tap a different direction to face that way (until it lights up again) before taking another step. When it finally turns red, this means you're standing right in front of the item (not on top of it, just next to it) and press the A button to pick it up.

Re: Simple Questions Simple Answers (XY Edition)

what is QR code exploits? Can you really get any pokemon or item by scanning a code?

This article from IGN.com will explain it. However, I believe it was squashed by an update patch, assuming you downloaded it.

What happens to your growing berry trees if you mess with the clock?

If you don't know, if you set your DS clock back or forward, the ID Loto, Berry Mixer, Inverse Battle guy and any other daily events are locked for 24 hours. This is so you can't cheat the Lottery, mostly.

My PC is almost completeley full of Pokemon and I need space for breeding so I'm finally getting Pokebank. Currently, when you log into Pokebank, you get the HA Johto starters sent to your game when you access it. They'll have their When You Met Them time set to the current date.

Well, Pokemon Gold and Silver were released on October 10th in America, and I want them to have that date as their Met date. I'll need to set the clock ahead if I do that now.

The problem is, I wasn't thinking and just planted ALL my Starf berries. They take a WEEK to grow. I can't wait that long since I'm breeding for the tourney this weekend, but I'm afraid if I set my clock to October to get the mons, then set it back to today, it'll destroy my berries.

Does anyone know for sure if setting the clock ahead or back or whatever kills plants?

I have an other question:
why does when Kangaskhan uses an attack that hit one time, then it hit two times? it is because of the mega evolution because the baby hits too?

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom