• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

what kind of attacks dont affect pokemons with magic guard? i know that the indirect attacks dosent affect pokemon with magic guard, but some indirect attacks affects my magic guard talented pokemons, it is because thoses are physical attacks?
can someone show me the list of the attacks who dosent affect the pokemons with magic guard? thanks!

what kind of attacks dont affect pokemons with magic guard? i know that the indirect attacks dosent affect pokemon with magic guard, but some indirect attacks affects my magic guard talented pokemons, it is because thoses are physical attacks?
can someone show me the list of the attacks who dosent affect the pokemons with magic guard? thanks!

Magic Guard prevents indirect damage from weather conditions (like hail and sandstorm), poison, being badly poisoned, burned (although the Attack reduction is still in play), Curse, and Leech Seed. They are also not affected by entry hazards, recoil and crash damage, and will also prevent the Life Orb HP deduction.

However, the Pokemon can still be damaged when it attacks itself in confusion and any moves that the Pokemon uses that cut it's own health in any way (like Pain Split and Substitute) still cause damage. Also, Destiny Bond and Perish Song do affect Pokemon with Magic Guard.

Magic Guard prevents indirect damage from weather conditions (like hail and sandstorm), poison, being badly poisoned, burned (although the Attack reduction is still in play), Curse, and Leech Seed. They are also not affected by entry hazards, recoil and crash damage, and will also prevent the Life Orb HP deduction.

However, the Pokemon can still be damaged when it attacks itself in confusion and any moves that the Pokemon uses that cut it's own health in any way (like Pain Split and Substitute) still cause damage. Also, Destiny Bond and Perish Song do affect Pokemon with Magic Guard.
ok, thank you! :D

In AS/OR, where do I make the Pokeblocks?

HALP Delta Episode Bug

So I've asked on a couple help and customer support sites that one would expect should be able to resolve the issue, but keep being shunted to other websites. I came here thinking the genius gardener's might know.

I have a Delta Episode glitch in my Omega Ruby.
After speaking to Mr. Stone about Infinity Energy and the Meteorite shard, I went off training for a little bit. Zinnia was going to be hard so I needed a buffer team. After my training I visited the room in Granite cave where she should be, but she isn't there. I think my training may have caused her to glitch out somehow. If anyone has any troubleshooting ideas or fix's, I'd really like to know!

Hey guys, I have a question, but not in- game. I am considering buying an ORAS game.

I live in Spain, so I was wondering...is there ANY difference if I buy the games from a local Spanish market, and online from Amazon UK, for example?

I usually buy my Pokemon games online from Amazon.co.uk, cause I want to play the English- language European version. But now that language is a choice in any Pokemon game (you can chose between english, spanish,french, etc), I was wondering, is there ANY difference between the local spanish games and the Amazon.co.uk ones?

I mean, the last Pokemon game I bought in Spain, from a Spanish market, was Pokemon Emerald, for the GBA,back in 2005. I thought the only difference from the English games would be the language not being English, but later I understood not only the language, but the actual "CODING" of the games was NOT equal. All the cheats for the English version,( like for example cloning a pokemon, etc) did NOT work in my Spanish Emerald. They only worked for an English language Pokemon Emerald. So, there was more than the Language difference between the Spanish and English games...

So my question is, now that you can select between the languages from the beginning of the game and that´s not a real difference, are there ANY differences? Are the codes still different between the games sold in Spain (or France or Italy, etc) and the ones from the UK,likeit used to be back in the days of Emerald? Is the CODING still different?

I bought my Pokemon X from Amazon UK, but this time I would prefer to get the game from Spain and not online... IF... the games are now identical in coding and everything. If not, if the coding is still different, or if there are ANY other differences, external or internal, I would get the game from Amazon UK.

Hope someone here can tell me if he knows of any difference between the games in different countries. I am still considering if I´m getting it and I want to be well-informed, that´s all. Just so I don´t make the same error I did with Emerald.

Last edited:
Hey guys, I have a question, but not in- game. I am considering buying an ORAS game.

I live in Spain, so I was wondering...is there ANY difference if I buy the games from a local Spanish market, and online from Amazon UK, for example?

I usually buy my Pokemon games online from Amazon.co.uk, cause I want to play the English- language European version. But now that language is a choice in any Pokemon game (you can chose between english, spanish,french, etc), I was wondering, is there ANY difference between the local spanish games and the Amazon.co.uk ones?

I mean, the last Pokemon game I bought in Spain, from a Spanish market, was Pokemon Emerald, for the GBA,back in 2005. I thought the only difference from the English games would be the language not being English, but later I understood not only the language, but the actual "CODING" of the games was NOT equal. All the cheats for the English version,( like for example cloning a pokemon, etc) did NOT work in my Spanish Emerald. They only worked for an English language Pokemon Emerald. So, there was more than the Language difference between the Spanish and English games...

So my question is, now that you can select between the languages from the beginning of the game and that´s not a real difference, are there ANY differences? Are the codes still different between the games sold in Spain (or France or Italy, etc) and the ones from the UK,likeit used to be back in the days of Emerald? Is the CODING still different?

I bought my Pokemon X from Amazon UK, but this time I would prefer to get the game from Spain and not online... IF... the games are now identical in coding and everything. If not, if the coding is still different, or if there are ANY other differences, external or internal, I would get the game from Amazon UK.

Hope someone here can tell me if he knows of any difference between the games in different countries. I am still considering if I´m getting it and I want to be well-informed, that´s all. Just so I don´t make the same error I did with Emerald.

3DS games are region locked, Im unsure what region system you have but as long as the games are from the same region it should work fine. There wont be any difference other than that.

3DS games are region locked, Im unsure what region system you have but as long as the games are from the same region it should work fine. There wont be any difference other than that.

I bought my Nintendo 2DS from Amazon.co.uk. So I assume its region is England? Does this mean I NEED to buy the Pokemon games from the SAME region (England)? Or are both Spain and the UK both part of the same REGION?

Last edited:
Wich healing attack should i learn to my Clefable

OK, i am going to told you good and not good things with thoses three healing attacks.

Rest:
my clefable uses lilliput three times in a row in the three first turns. my enemy will have 33% luck to hurt my clefable. and while the two turns my clefable is sleeping, i have a lot of luck that my enemy doesn't hurt me because of lilliput. my clefable also wears a lum berry.

Soft-Boiled:
this attack will restore 1/2 of my clefable's HP, it's really cool when i see that with one attack, my enemy hurts a little more than 1/2 and if he hurts me again one more time my clefable will faint and Rest will not worth. because i use it only when my HP is in the red.

Moonlight:
If there's the sun, this attack heals 2/3 of the HP. if theres rain or other, it will heal 1/4. if theres nothing, it will heal 1/2. but, i can only use this attack 5 times by battle, or 8 if i upgrade it with PP plus. i dont really like it, but i dont know....

if you have others healing attacks to suggest me, please say it to me.

Re: Wich healing attack should i learn to my Clefable

OK, i am going to told you good and not good things with thoses three healing attacks.

Rest:
my clefable uses lilliput three times in a row in the three first turns. my enemy will have 33% luck to hurt my clefable. and while the two turns my clefable is sleeping, i have a lot of luck that my enemy doesn't hurt me because of lilliput. my clefable also wears a lum berry.

Soft-Boiled:
this attack will restore 1/2 of my clefable's HP, it's really cool when i see that with one attack, my enemy hurts a little more than 1/2 and if he hurts me again one more time my clefable will faint and Rest will not worth. because i use it only when my HP is in the red.

Moonlight:
If there's the sun, this attack heals 2/3 of the HP. if theres rain or other, it will heal 1/4. if theres nothing, it will heal 1/2. but, i can only use this attack 5 times by battle, or 8 if i upgrade it with PP plus. i dont really like it, but i dont know....

if you have others healing attacks to suggest me, please say it to me.

Wish is also an option. It's delayed but it can be used to support teammates. Goes well with protect and aromatherapy if you go for a Cleric Clefable.

Why does Latias/ Latios know the Heal Pulse move? Can I use it on the assisting party in dual battles?

can swagger be baton passed?

and can stats raised by the ability moody be baton passed?

Last edited by a moderator:
In AS/OR how often do the Lake Guardians and others appear?

Re: HALP Delta Episode Bug

So I've asked on a couple help and customer support sites that one would expect should be able to resolve the issue, but keep being shunted to other websites. I came here thinking the genius gardener's might know.

I have a Delta Episode glitch in my Omega Ruby.
After speaking to Mr. Stone about Infinity Energy and the Meteorite shard, I went off training for a little bit. Zinnia was going to be hard so I needed a buffer team. After my training I visited the room in Granite cave where she should be, but she isn't there. I think my training may have caused her to glitch out somehow. If anyone has any troubleshooting ideas or fix's, I'd really like to know!
I have not made it past the first gym personally, but I know the rule of thumb on many of the games is: If someone is not where they are supposed to be, beat the Elite Four again. That might help.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom