• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

So I'm currently MM breeding for a shiny Charmander that I plan on using on my playthrough in AS and probably competitively (Charizard Y).

As of writing, after ~500 eggs, I have hatched 5 shiny charmander. Each one is Timid with 4 perfect IVs.
3 are lacking SAtk IV, one is lacking SDef IV, and one is lacking speed IV.

My question is, should I continue aiming for a 5IV Shiny Charmander, or should I settle with one of the ones I currently have?

If it was me I would probably settle for the one lacking the SDef IV. Hey, if it's in the twenties I'd probably pretty thrilled with it.

If it was me I would probably settle for the one lacking the SDef IV. Hey, if it's in the twenties I'd probably pretty thrilled with it.

Looked into the Charmander lacking SDef IV. Turns out its spread is: 31 / 0 / 31 / 31 / 18-20 / 31

I'll probably end up settling with that one after all :)

In AS/OR how often do the Lake Guardians and others appear?

Here's a Bulbapedia page that details the requirements and availability of the Lake Guardians at Nameless Cave. Links to other legendary mirage spots, like Pathless Plain (Swords of Justice) or Trackless Forest (Legendary Beasts), can be found at the bottom, so you can get the details of those mirage spots there.

Thanks for the link. So far, I have one lake guardian. And one legendary beast. Per game.

Speaking of catching legendaries in mirage spots, does Cobalion have a lower catch rate than the other two Musketeer Pokemon? I had no trouble getting Terrakion and Virizion, but I just can't catch Cobalion. I've failed twice now (via running out of Pokeballs and the damn thing using Swords Dance to take out my team fairly quickly, even though many of them are above lv. 80 and 90).

EDIT: Okay, I finally caught it, but still, that took a lot longer than the other two. xP

Last edited:
Mega Gallade or Mega Altaria?

I'm trying to figure out which pokemon to give the mega stone to so it can mega evolve in battle. gallade is my physical sweeper, while altaria is my special sweeper, and i am unsure which to give the mega stone to, so please help. thank you!

Re: Mega Gallade or Mega Altaria?

Well I would pick altaria, and have regular gallade, although it depends. Having return and pixalate is a great thing, which you do not get from a special sweeper, making it a less of an option. Having a mega gallade is awesome but a mega-metagross out classes him as a physical sweeper. In all fairy/dragon typing is awesome SO I would go with mega altaria, leaving gallade as is. Also 2 cotton guards win it.

Sorry for the double post, but I'm having some trouble getting Spiritomb to appear in Sea Mauville. I did everything the guide I was reading said to do. I got the Scanner, I went to the first room on the left on the right side of the ship, checked the book shelf in the corner, then opened a menu and closed it. Spiritomb didn't show up. Has my game glitched or did my guide have an error or something?

Did you open your Pokemon menu or just the menu? That might be the problem. You might have to look at the pokemon menu for a few seconds, too, I'm not sure. :/

Sorry for the double post, but I'm having some trouble getting Spiritomb to appear in Sea Mauville. I did everything the guide I was reading said to do. I got the Scanner, I went to the first room on the left on the right side of the ship, checked the book shelf in the corner, then opened a menu and closed it. Spiritomb didn't show up. Has my game glitched or did my guide have an error or something?

[video=youtube;-scRGMyLFss]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-scRGMyLFss&list=PLMMSpLODYMfs8A09rUrqD27Gu2W-oW-w8&index=41[/video]

@Kirby4ever; Yeah, I figured out my problem. Turns out I was checking the wrong PART of the bookshelf. I caught Spiritomb though! Was kind of annoying because it killed itself the first time with Memento. >.>

Hey guys, I need help to trade my Pokemon from my pokemon X to my AS. Can somebody help me trade them? I don´t have Pokebank yet.

Where should I ask for a trading partner?

Last edited:
I have a female golem with heavy slam. I am trying to breed with ditto for a male geodude with heavy slam so I can breed that with an onix. non of my eggs have heavy slam? why?

I have a female golem with heavy slam. I am trying to breed with ditto for a male geodude with heavy slam so I can breed that with an onix. non of my eggs have heavy slam? why?

Unfortionally you'll need a male Golem to pass down heavy slam to Onix.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom