• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

I have a female golem with heavy slam. I am trying to breed with ditto for a male geodude with heavy slam so I can breed that with an onix. non of my eggs have heavy slam? why?

Heavy Slam is part of Golem's natural level-up moves, and not part of Geodude's egg moves. There is no way currently for a Geodude to learn Heavy Slam. You'll have to obtain a male Geodude, evolve it into a Golem, then raise it to Lv60/69 (depending on the game you're playing). That Golem will then be able to pass on Heavy Slam to a baby Onix.

If a Sap Sipper pokemon gets hit by all 5 Bullet Seeds, will its Attack (or Special Attack? Not sure) get boosted 5 times?

I tried it twice and while I could not guarantee all 5 hits since I wasn't using Skill Link, I got the same result and only raised Attack once. Just as a side note, instead of launching more than one attack, in this case, Bullet Seed seems to act as any other single attack move.

Last edited:
If a Sap Sipper pokemon gets hit by all 5 Bullet Seeds, will its Attack (or Special Attack? Not sure) get boosted 5 times?
No, because Sap Sipper blocks the attack from executing normally; the usual animation does not play out, you just get a message that they absorbed it.

Platinum issues - No main menu, unable to save

Please note - I've browsed these forums occasionally but am not fully familiar with posting conventions. My apologies if this is posted in the wrong place, etc.

Some informational things:
- This copy of Platinum was recently purchased used online; the cartridge appears legitimate. The seller has sold other used (mostly Generation IV) games to various people who apparently have had no problems with their product.
- The game is being played on a DS Lite (also purchased used) which has had no problems with any other DS or GBA games to date.
- I have never owned or used any cheating devices (or third party components in general) while I've had the above items, if that makes any difference.

The two issues I am encountering:
1. After pressing the Start/A button at the Platinum title screen, the game skips the main menu (Continue, New Game, Migrate etc.) entirely and goes directly to the new game intro with the Professor. The main menu screen never appears at all -- the title screen simply fades to black and then fades in to the "new adventure" sequence.
2. Whenever a Save is attempted, the game appears to behave normally at first ("There is already a save file. Is it OK to overwrite" etc.), but the "save" always ends abnormally fast -- the "Saving"/"Saving a lot of data" message barely has time to display, and the clock icon in the corner of the message box barely appears before disappearing again. The "successful" save message and sound effect still occur, but once the game is soft reset (or turned off and later resumed), the same issue described above occurs at the title screen every time.

From skimming past advice in this thread, I cleaned the cartridge contacts with a q-tip and some rubbing alcohol. Unfortunately, both issues are continuing to occur.
Currently I am planning to return the game to the seller for a refund. In the meantime though, I wanted to ask if anyone has ever run into (or even resolved) similar issues? It'd be great to hear about any other ways to deal with this, or even just confirmation that this copy is essentially defective.

Thanks in advance for any information!

Is Weather Ball affected by Technician if there is a weather condition? For example, let's say Technician Roserade uses Weather Ball during intense sunlight. Weather Ball's base power is 50, but it doubles to 100 in the sun. So will it increase from 50 to 75 with Technician, then double to 150? Or will it double from 50 to 100 first, and then not be affected by Technician?

Is Weather Ball affected by Technician if there is a weather condition? For example, let's say Technician Roserade uses Weather Ball during intense sunlight. Weather Ball's base power is 50, but it doubles to 100 in the sun. So will it increase from 50 to 75 with Technician, then double to 150? Or will it double from 50 to 100 first, and then not be affected by Technician?

For Technician to take effect, the move used has to have a base power of 60 of less. With no weather effect, like you said, Weather Ball has a base power of 50, which means Technician will activate.

But because that power doubles with a weather effect, Then it's no longer under the 60 or less requirement needed for Technician to activate.

In other words: No. Weather Ball is not affected by Technician if there is a weather effect.

Last edited:
I've been trying to get every single ribbon out there in gen 6 on my shiny Litwick, that I bred in XY.
She's got these on her so far:
Pokemon League Ribbons:
-Hoenn Champion Ribbon
-Kalos Champion Ribbon

Contest Ribbons:
-Coolness Master Ribbon
-Beauty Master Ribbon
-Cuteness Master Ribbon
-Cleverness Master Ribbon
-Toughness Master Ribbon
-Contest Star Ribbon

Maison Ribbons:
-Skillful Battler Ribbon
-Expert Battler Ribbon

Weekly Ribbons:
-Alert Ribbon
-Shock Ribbon
-Downcast Ribbon
-Careless Ribbon
-Relax Ribbon
-Snooze Ribbon
-Smile Ribbon

Misc Ribbons:
-Best Friends Ribbon (max affection from Amie)
-Training Ribbon (completing all Super Training regimes)
-Effort Ribbon (max EVs)
-Footprint Ribbon (max friendship)
-Gorgeous Ribbon
-Royal Ribbon
-Gorgeous Royal Ribbon
So my question is: Did I miss any?

What is this?

Unknown-2.jpg

I found this on google images and was wondering what it could be. Could it be related to the souvenir thing? Sorry that the pic is so small. Just click on it.

Re: What is this?

Probably one of those fake screenshots that were circulating before XY came out, like this -
pokemon-x-y-badger-pokemon.jpg

I've been trying to get every single ribbon out there in gen 6 on my shiny Litwick, that I bred in XY.
She's got these on her so far:
Pokemon League Ribbons:
-Hoenn Champion Ribbon
-Kalos Champion Ribbon

Contest Ribbons:
-Coolness Master Ribbon
-Beauty Master Ribbon
-Cuteness Master Ribbon
-Cleverness Master Ribbon
-Toughness Master Ribbon
-Contest Star Ribbon

Maison Ribbons:
-Skillful Battler Ribbon
-Expert Battler Ribbon

Weekly Ribbons:
-Alert Ribbon
-Shock Ribbon
-Downcast Ribbon
-Careless Ribbon
-Relax Ribbon
-Snooze Ribbon
-Smile Ribbon

Misc Ribbons:
-Best Friends Ribbon (max affection from Amie)
-Training Ribbon (completing all Super Training regimes)
-Effort Ribbon (max EVs)
-Footprint Ribbon (max friendship)
-Gorgeous Ribbon
-Royal Ribbon
-Gorgeous Royal Ribbon
So my question is: Did I miss any?

Here's a list of all Ribbons available in X and Y.

Here's a list of all Ribbons available in ORAS.

I think you got them all, though you might want to double-check.

Okay, for some reason, I can't get the Trackless Forest to show up in Alpha Sapphire. I did what the requirements said, which is to soar with different legendary Pokemon in your party. I put two different ones in it, even from different regions. But the Trackless Forest still didn't show up. So what am I missing here? I've yet to get any of the beast trio who can be caught here.

Okay, for some reason, I can't get the Trackless Forest to show up in Alpha Sapphire. I did what the requirements said, which is to soar with different legendary Pokemon in your party. I put two different ones in it, even from different regions. But the Trackless Forest still didn't show up. So what am I missing here? I've yet to get any of the beast trio who can be caught here.

The Trackless Forest requires either Ho-oh or Lugia in your party, in order to appear. The Beast that appears depends on the time of day.
Trackless Forest - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia

Is Charizard a bad pokemon?

I have been playing pokemon since I was four and I have always found Charizard to be a hardcore pokemon! However, I currently prefer to pick either Venusaur or Blastoise do to how useful they can be in battle! Charizard is ok in battle, but I am begining to notice how quick he can go down!
Is it Charizard or me?

Re: Is Charizard a bad pokemon?

Charizard and Venusaur both outclass Blastoise in terms of usefulness in the competitive sense, but if you're just casually playing through the game then there's not much difference in the three.

Really? I have always found Blastoise very useful in competition.

I have been playing pokemon since I was four and I have always found Charizard to be a hardcore pokemon! However, I currently prefer to pick either Venusaur or Blastoise do to how useful they can be in battle! Charizard is ok in battle, but I am begining to notice how quick he can go down!
Is it Charizard or me?

Yes. Charizard is the fastest and has the highest Sp.Atk of his companions, but since each set of starters has generally the same total stats, this means his high attacking stats have to be balanced with lower defenses.

Plus, he's got that 4x weakness to Rock to worry about (especially if Stealth Rock is also in play).

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom