• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

In Super Mystery Dungeon, I got pushed into Lively Town before accepting the Axew/Salamence mission from the Connection Orb. Now the mission isn't showing up. Did I lose it for good or will it return later on?

If you use a PP UP or PP Max on a Rotom form's special move (Overheat/Leaf Storm/Hydro Pump/Blizzard/Air Slash) will the increase in PP on the special move still exist when you change its form?
When Rotom changed form, the special move that has it's PP increased or maxed out, the move that replaces the old move will be at the default PP.

I have been playing Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Darkness and just got to the hidden land. Since I'm starting to run low on big apples, I want to go to apple woods to get more. Is it possible to go there now? Also, when I want to head back to the Hidden Land, do I have to go through Brine cave again? Where can I find the other apples other then the regular apples and the big apples?

In the postgame, you should be able to go to the Hidden Land by talking to Lapras, who'll be at the beach south of town.

What exactly does the speed stat do in Super Mystery Dungeon?

I haven't played the game, but I think it increases your chance of striking first.

Edit: Please note that I'M AUSTRALIAN. Thus the game isn't coming until next year, IN FEBRUARY.

I have been playing Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Darkness and just got to the hidden land. Since I'm starting to run low on big apples, I want to go to apple woods to get more. Is it possible to go there now? Also, when I want to head back to the Hidden Land, do I have to go through Brine cave again? Where can I find the other apples other then the regular apples and the big apples?

You cannot go back to the town after you enter Hidden Land, UNLESS you use an Escape Orb or be defeated. If so, I think you can go back to the town via Lapras. If you want to beat the game however, you must beat Hidden Land, AND Temporal Tower in one sitting, as well as beating the final boss. You can actually find other varieties of Apples, like Huge Apples and Golden Apples, but those cannot be found until the post-game, so you need to stock up on the regular and Big Apples. Also, you do not need to beat Brine Cave again if you wish to go back to Hidden Land.

But the problem is that the Mystery Dungeon games operate on a turn-based style in which you always move first. In the past games they had no use for the speed stat, so there simply wasn't one. But one exists in this game, so I'm curious as to what it does.

February? Dang, you have my sympathies...

I know that in Pokemon Conquest Speed was a minor accuracy/evasion modifier, but I don't think anyone's figured this out yet. Accuracy does not work the same in PMD as it does in the main series.

Does anyone know how to get giga drain in Super Mystery Dungeon? I have a Chikorita, and I just got to Lively Town so I know I can get energy ball as a TM, but I really want giga drain. Thanks

Does anyone know how to get giga drain in Super Mystery Dungeon? I have a Chikorita, and I just got to Lively Town so I know I can get energy ball as a TM, but I really want giga drain. Thanks
Chikorita can't learn Giga Drain in Gen VI.

Okay, This is really bugging as I missed it during the playthrough.
Before you free the mascot pokemon in XY, you have to battle four team flare admins in any order you choose. I was wondering what the dialogue was when you re-talk with the bald admin after you beat him, specifically the bald one at the back (they stand in a diamond shape, to do this you can't battle him last otherwise the story will just go on).
That's a very specific question.

He says: "Lysandre is only going to save Team Flare, because we're the only ones who are truly worried about the future."

It can with move tutor in Omega Ruby and as an egg move, so I guess my question was if there was a move tutor in Super Mystery Dungeon.
Chikorita can't learn it as an egg move or by level in any generation. The only way to get it in Gen VI is by importing one from Gen IV (where it was a compatible TM) or using an ORAS Move Tutor.

Hawlucha in PSMD functions as a move deleter/reminder, but PMD in general has never featured move tutors like the main series.

PSMD's built-in manual confirms that Speed affects the Pokemon's accuracy with all moves.

Even after reading on pokemon ranger, i didnt understand if you can still get the manphey egg or not.
Also, can you still get the other ones? drakrai/shaymin.

and I always wanted to know if ist actually possible to get a Level 1 geretina/palkia/dialga from HG/SS.

Thanks!

Even after reading on pokemon ranger, i didnt understand if you can still get the manphey egg or not.
On the original Pokemon Ranger, after finishing the game, press R + X + Left from the main menu to unlock the hidden "Ranger Net" menu. From there you should be able to play the Manaphy mission and others. Note, however, that the Manaphy Egg can only be transferred once, so if you find a copy of the game that already has the Ranger Net menu unlocked, the Egg's probably been taken.

In the later two games (Shadows of Almia and Guardian Signs) all event Pokemon were online distributions so there's no way to get Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin (etc.) now.

Also, can you still get the other ones? drakrai/shaymin.

and I always wanted to know if ist actually possible to get a Level 1 geretina/palkia/dialga from HG/SS.

Thanks!
Yes it is possible to get Lv 1 Dialga,Palkia and Giratina, however you will need an Event Arceus on your HG/SS game to do the event. If you dont have one, then you wont be able to, and due to the wi-fi connection no longer working for those games its impossible to trade for one now.

Yes it is possible to get Lv 1 Dialga,Palkia and Giratina, however you will need an Event Arceus on your HG/SS game to do the event. If you dont have one, then you wont be able to, and due to the wi-fi connection no longer working for those games its impossible to trade for one now.

Hey thanks!
but if someone does have an Arceus in his HG/SS he can can still get them and trade with my platinum?
Or should i give up on the hope on getting them?

On the original Pokemon Ranger, after finishing the game, press R + X + Left from the main menu to unlock the hidden "Ranger Net" menu. From there you should be able to play the Manaphy mission and others. Note, however, that the Manaphy Egg can only be transferred once, so if you find a copy of the game that already has the Ranger Net menu unlocked, the Egg's probably been taken.

In the later two games (Shadows of Almia and Guardian Signs) all event Pokemon were online distributions so there's no way to get Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin (etc.) now.

Hey!
so there is no way knowing if i buy a used game in gamestop?

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom