• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Hey thanks!
but if someone does have an Arceus in his HG/SS he can can still get them and trade with my platinum?
Or should i give up on the hope on getting them?
You can still trade locally (if you know a friend who has one), but all online functionality is shut down.

Or you can hack. Either way, you're screwed if you don't have any friends or a device to hack with.

As Jafar once said on a Sega Genesis game, "GIVE UP, YOUNG STREET RAT."

Hi there I some specific questions. I don't know if it's the right place to ask, but I haven't found an answers anywhere, so there I am.

I'd like to restart my Pokemon Y game, but I'd like to keep my battle videos. So here are the questions I have:

1) Does erasing my save file also erase battle videos?(I know it's not stored in the same place, but it might still erase related content)
2) Does a new save file change the encryption of the data? ==> If the data isn't erased, would it still be readable, and would saving the data on my computer and then re-inserting it work?

I hope there is a solution to do what I want to achieve. If any of you experienced similar issues, I'd gladly listen to your advices.

Thanks in advance!

Hi there I some specific questions. I don't know if it's the right place to ask, but I haven't found an answers anywhere, so there I am.

I'd like to restart my Pokemon Y game, but I'd like to keep my battle videos. So here are the questions I have:

1) Does erasing my save file also erase battle videos?(I know it's not stored in the same place, but it might still erase related content)
2) Does a new save file change the encryption of the data? ==> If the data isn't erased, would it still be readable, and would saving the data on my computer and then re-inserting it work?

I hope there is a solution to do what I want to achieve. If any of you experienced similar issues, I'd gladly listen to your advices.

Thanks in advance!
When you restart Pokemon Y, the videos will get erased in the game as well and there's really no way to save and restore the videos.

Does anyone know where I can find a list of missions and items for each of the Mystery Dungeon games (or at least some of the games)?

Wonder Guard (Ability) could be given to a legendary or new megas in future if there
both stats: Defense and Special Defense falls to zero or 1 point.
(dark/ghost now has a fairy weakness)
Some objections or suggestions?

Wonder Guard (Ability) could be given to a legendary or new megas in future if there
That is actually not a simple question. Keep in mind that Wonder Guard CAN be Traced (e.g. non-mega Gardevoir and Porygon), and any Pokemon that can Transform into Shedinja (Ditto, Smeargle, Mew) will keep its original HP while inheriting Shedinja's Def, Sp.Def, and Wonder Guard.

And remember that due to the multiply-divide nature of Pokemon's attack/defense calculations, reducing a Pokemon's defense to (almost) zero would make basically any hit a one-shot KO.

That is actually not a simple question. Keep in mind that Wonder Guard CAN be Traced (e.g. non-mega Gardevoir and Porygon), and any Pokemon that can Transform into Shedinja (Ditto, Smeargle, Mew) will keep its original HP while inheriting Shedinja's Def, Sp.Def, and Wonder Guard.

And remember that due to the multiply-divide nature of Pokemon's attack/defense calculations, reducing a Pokemon's defense to (almost) zero would make basically any hit a one-shot KO.

do You get it now? if the new pokemon or mega has a reduced stats it wont be too overpowerd.
-like mega Dunsparce (normal+ something)
-or a new kind of dual typed pokemon( those who have the most weakness: grass/psychic, grass/ice, dragon/ghost, and so on)

Last edited:
I think it'd be game-changing, as your opponent would need to have a move that hits through Wonder Guard. If not then they'd have to spend at least a turn to bring in its counter which could be too much of a setback.

Shedinja is checked by having 1 HP which allows it to be KO'd by secondary damage in one turn. However this Mega can be exploited in singles by having it just switch out of bad matchups and doubles can have support Pokemon that can keep it alive through Follow Me/Guard Split/Wide Guard/Imprison, etc.

EDIT: Ultimately, it might be possible but a lot of factors have to be taken into account to make sure it's fair.

Last edited:
I think it'd be game-changing, as your opponent would need to have a move that hits through Wonder Guard. If not then they'd have to spend at least a turn to bring in its counter which could be too much of a setback.

Shedinja is checked by having 1 HP which allows it to be KO'd by secondary damage in one turn. However this Mega can be exploited in singles by having it just switch out of bad matchups and doubles can have support Pokemon that can keep it alive through Follow Me/Guard Split/Wide Guard/Imprison, etc.

EDIT: Ultimately, it might be possible but a lot of factors have to be taken into account to make sure it's fair.

That goes in two directions in doubles.
In singles, there are two sides of the barricade.
I know and want it to be fair.
If it would be a weak pseudolegendary dark/ghost would somehow work, maybe really there should be more moves and users to take it out.

How many pokemon have Scrappy, Mold Breaker, Mummy? how many can use Gastro Acid?

the complete list of everything that can take down Shedinja.

Fire/ Flying / Dark / Ghost / Rock moves, non-Fighting / Normal attacks from a Mold Breaker Pokémon, Poison, Burn, Leech Seed, Confusion damage, Sandstorm, Hail, Spikes / Stealth Rock, Nightmare, Darkrai’s Bad Dreams, Life Orb recoil, Double-Edge recoil, Struggle, Struggle recoil, Destiny Bond, Perish Song, Aftermath, Rough Skin, Future Sight / Doom Desire, Ghost-type Curse, Jaboca/Rowap Berry recoil, and absorbing health against a Pokémon with Liquid Ooze."

Nobody says it needs to be ultimate.
1 Hp for a Grimm Reaper would be enough.

Last edited:
That goes in two directions in doubles.
In singles, there are two sides of the barricade.
What do you mean?
I know and want it to be fair.
If it would be a weak pseudolegendary dark/ghost would somehow work, maybe really there should be more moves and users to take it out.

How many pokemon have Scrappy, Mold Breaker, Mummy? how many can use Gastro Acid?

the complete list of everything that can take down Shedinja.

Fire/ Flying / Dark / Ghost / Rock moves, non-Fighting / Normal attacks from a Mold Breaker Pokémon, Poison, Burn, Leech Seed, Confusion damage, Sandstorm, Hail, Spikes / Stealth Rock, Nightmare, Darkrai’s Bad Dreams, Life Orb recoil, Double-Edge recoil, Struggle, Struggle recoil, Destiny Bond, Perish Song, Aftermath, Rough Skin, Future Sight / Doom Desire, Ghost-type Curse, Jaboca/Rowap Berry recoil, and absorbing health against a Pokémon with Liquid Ooze."

Nobody says it needs to be ultimate.
1 Hp for a Grimm Reaper would be enough.
Just to clarify, I agree that it might be possible but it has to be planned properly.

I think we might be saying the same point here with Shedinja being managed due to its HP, though that wouldn't necessarily apply to this hypothetical Mega if it doesn't have 1 HP. HP isn't as easy to change mid-battle compared to the other stats to allow for a Mega Evolution.

What do you mean?

You can play vs. somebody, in tournaments this kind of pokemon would be the forbidden or you would need to know that everything is allowed to plan a strategy.
In the games it would be a chalenging battle agains a programed scenario.

Just to clarify, I agree that it might be possible but it has to be planned properly.

I think we might be saying the same point here with Shedinja being managed due to its HP, though that wouldn't necessarily apply to this hypothetical Mega if it doesn't have 1 HP. HP isn't as easy to change mid-battle compared to the other stats to allow for a Mega Evolution.

Yes I know. Thats why this dark/ghost would probably be a totally new pokemon(but spirittomb(wondertomb) would deserve it), for a other dual type combo we would set both defenses (def.+sp.def) to 1 point , it would have a very similar effect like with the 1 hp.

did catching legendary get worse in OR/AS? I do not recall it being this tough to capture in X&Y. I went through 70 ultra balls on each of the 4 legendary pokemon I tried to catch so far.

-edit grammar

Last edited:
did catching legendary get worse in OR/AS? I do not recall it being this tough to capture in X&Y. I went through 70 ultra balls on each of the 4 legendary pokemon I tried to catch so far.

-edit grammar

Kinda depends on which Legendary Pokemon you're referring to. Some Legendary Pokemon from newer generations have lower catch rates than older ones. Considering that there are many many more Legendary Pokemon in ORAS than in XY, and that there on average more older ones than newer ones in ORAS, this could make it seam that it was much harder especially if they are encountered one after the other.

70 Ultra Balls is actually normal for a Pokemon whose base catch rate is only 3 (0.39%).

According to List of Pokémon by catch rate - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia , some Pokemon actually have changed catch rate between generations. Let's see:

- Xerneas and Yveltal have a base catch rate of 45 (5.9%) -- comparable to Scyther and Lapras.
- Kyogre and Groudon previously had a base catch rate of 5 (0.65%) in RSE. In ORAS it's 3 (0.39%).
- Dialga and Palkia previously had a base catch rate of 30 (3.9%) -- comparable to Absol. In ORAS it is reduced to 3.
- Rayquaza's original base catch rate was 3. In ORAS it's now 30, perhaps because of the Delta Episode.
- Reshiram and Zekrom previously had catch rates of 45, ORAS reduces it to 3.

There is actually a pattern to this -- starting in Gen IV, mascot legendaries received higher catch rates than other legendaries, due to their prominence in the story (and especially in Gens V-VI, the requirement to actually catch them, not just battle them).

Last edited:
You can play vs. somebody, in tournaments this kind of pokemon would be the forbidden or you would need to know that everything is allowed to plan a strategy.
In the games it would be a chalenging battle agains a programed scenario.

Yes I know. Thats why this dark/ghost would probably be a totally new pokemon(but spirittomb(wondertomb) would deserve it), for a other dual type combo we would set both defenses (def.+sp.def) to 1 point , it would have a very similar effect like with the 1 hp.
As I mentioned, the main issue would be the Pokemon not having 1 HP. Having 1 HP is different from having 1 Defense/Sp. Defense.

From your list these are the things that would kill Shedinja but not [hypothetical Mega]:
Fire/ Flying / Dark / Ghost / Rock moves, non-Fighting / Normal attacks from a Mold Breaker Pokémon, Poison, Burn, Leech Seed, Confusion damage, Sandstorm, Hail, Spikes / Stealth Rock, Nightmare, Darkrai’s Bad Dreams, Life Orb recoil, Double-Edge recoil, Struggle, Struggle recoil, Destiny Bond, Perish Song, Aftermath, Rough Skin, Future Sight / Doom Desire, Ghost-type Curse, Jaboca/Rowap Berry recoil, and absorbing health against a Pokémon with Liquid Ooze.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom