• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

As I mentioned, the main issue would be the Pokemon not having 1 HP. Having 1 HP is different from having 1 Defense/Sp. Defense.

From your list these are the things that would kill Shedinja but not [hypothetical Mega]:
Fire/ Flying / Dark / Ghost / Rock moves, non-Fighting / Normal attacks from a Mold Breaker Pokémon, Poison, Burn, Leech Seed, Confusion damage, Sandstorm, Hail, Spikes / Stealth Rock, Nightmare, Darkrai’s Bad Dreams, Life Orb recoil, Double-Edge recoil, Struggle, Struggle recoil, Destiny Bond, Perish Song, Aftermath, Rough Skin, Future Sight / Doom Desire, Ghost-type Curse, Jaboca/Rowap Berry recoil, and absorbing health against a Pokémon with Liquid Ooze.

If it would be ghost/dark , have wonder guard, and a stats like: 1/1/1/1/1/1 and no damage dealing moves in its moveset?
maybe higher speed, because of Trick Room?
only Guillotine (10% chance of KO),Mind Reader, Lock-on , Will-O-Wisp,Imprison, Curse , Destiny Bond ,Toxic, Nightmare, and some more status moves?
would that work?

I know with the def and sp. def, for that we would a other dual type combo.

Wonder Guard can be bypassed by a Pokémon with Mold Breaker, Teravolt, or Turboblaze.

Last edited:
Hey guys, I noticed that in ORAS, when you first enter thr Battle Resort, you meet thr opposite Villain Team Boss and Admins (Aqua in OR, Magma in AS). And the respective leader says he will stay at the Resort and might fight the player and Wally... He also says he is looking forward to battling the olsyeDoes this battle happen? Did GF forget to add it in the game, or was it just an other teaser?

I can't find Maxie anywhere in my AS... Why would Game Freak hint at something that doesn't happen?

Last edited:
Hey guys, I noticed that in ORAS, when you first enter thr Battle Resort, you meet thr opposite Villain Team Boss and Admins (Aqua in OR, Magma in AS). And the respective leader says he will stay at the Resort and might fight the player and Wally... He also says he is looking forward to battling the olsyeDoes this battle happen? Did GF forget to add it in the game, or was it just an other teaser?

I can't find Maxie anywhere in my AS... Why would Game Freak hint at something that doesn't happen?

You can't fight against Maxie/Archie again, but they do appear in the Battle Maison as Multi Battle partners if you want to team up with them.

The Mcdonalds hoopa event is US only right? I went to a Mcdonalds earlier and I got nothing from Mystery Gift. I'm in Canada.

The Mcdonalds hoopa event is US only right? I went to a Mcdonalds earlier and I got nothing from Mystery Gift. I'm in Canada.

I think you may also be able to get Hoopa by changing some of your router and 3DS settings. Namely, renaming your access point something like "McDonalds Wifi". Look around Google and you should be able to find instructions on just how to do this.

Well I tried to go into my router but it doesn't want to let me in for some reason. Do cloned traded event hoopas still give the prison bottle?

This may be a dumb question, but does anyone know if when you battle on Battle spot using X or Y if you battle only against others using X/Y or if you battle against anyone on battle spot in Gen 6?

This may be a dumb question, but does anyone know if when you battle on Battle spot using X or Y if you battle only against others using X/Y or if you battle against anyone on battle spot in Gen 6?
I believe online battling is split into two categories: ORAS-compatible and XY-compatible.

Since you need dive to reach the portal do Dive Balls have their increased catch rate on Lugia?

Since you need dive to reach the portal do Dive Balls have their increased catch rate on Lugia?
Nope. The only way the dive ball can have an increased catch rate on wild pokemon if 1)your syrfing 2) if it's underwater, and since lugia isn't classified as an "underwater" pokemon, it's catch rate won't increase.

I don't know if here's the right place to ask, but I can't find anywhere the theme that plays when you come in Team Flare headquarters. When I search for it, Youtube gives me the result of the theme that plays during VS battles. Anyone, please?
Are you searching "team flare HQ music"?

View: https://youtu.be/LUC1jZ5f_Ow

This is what I found

remember the Ash vs Blaine: Gym Battle for the Volcano Badge?
Remeber how Pikachu defeated Rhydon?
What if not Rhydons typing was important but the Volcano itself?

What if in the volcano was under effect of harsh sunlight
due to the Volcano itself ( state like in sunlight) and Ninetails (ability Drought) (together:drough+volcano =double sunlight=harsh sunlight?)
That's why Ninetail won so fast with Squirtle in one turn.
(harsh sunlight negates water moves and rises the power of fire type moves.)

Could harsh sunlight change Rhydons immunity and replace it with resistance to the electric attacks, or do normal damage for the time duration off that battle?
(the Horn was by mistake taken for the right choice/target.)

We have this weather condition now in VI generation,
but this game mechanic could be implemented in future games and would solve the problem between the anime and game in the past. (would be cool)

Last edited:
Anyone know the answer to why mythical pokemon cant 't used in online competition? They are not better than many Pokemon allowed for the competition (600 base stat lower than most mega evolutions and many legendary Pokemon that are now/were already being allowed). Granted there are some very nice abilities associated with some mythicals such as serene grace for Shaymin S/Jirachi/Meloetta, but there are many other ridiculous abilities allowed such as parental bond or desolate land. I understand they are hard to obtain, but with the amount of distributions many people are allowed to get them. I am disappointed that I am unable to use them because I have spent a lot of time trading for my favorite mythical Pokemon and they are some of my favorites that actually may be semi competitive (I typically only battle with Pokemon I really like, which leads to bad results in competition, but could do slightly better with mythical). Anyone know the answer as to why they aren't allowed (sorry if this is obvious and everyone already knows it....) Thanks

Anyone know the answer to why mythical pokemon cant 't used in online competition? They are not better than many Pokemon allowed for the competition (600 base stat lower than most mega evolutions and many legendary Pokemon that are now/were already being allowed). Granted there are some very nice abilities associated with some mythicals such as serene grace for Shaymin S/Jirachi/Meloetta, but there are many other ridiculous abilities allowed such as parental bond or desolate land. I understand they are hard to obtain, but with the amount of distributions many people are allowed to get them. I am disappointed that I am unable to use them because I have spent a lot of time trading for my favorite mythical Pokemon and they are some of my favorites that actually may be semi competitive (I typically only battle with Pokemon I really like, which leads to bad results in competition, but could do slightly better with mythical). Anyone know the answer as to why they aren't allowed (sorry if this is obvious and everyone already knows it....) Thanks
i would imagine because they're not readily available (in addition to being fairly strong).

With virtual console games, is it possible to move save data between 3ds? For example if I get Red and Yellow VC on a 3ds, can i move the data to another 3DS to allow me to trade, or would I have to buy them on seperate 3ds, and trade them between the two?

With virtual console games, is it possible to move save data between 3ds? For example if I get Red and Yellow VC on a 3ds, can i move the data to another 3DS to allow me to trade, or would I have to buy them on seperate 3ds, and trade them between the two?
Digital titles are locked to the 3DS they're purchased for, so we should expect that their save files are too.

I know about the masuda method and I have pokemon from different countries I want to breed 1 of my shiny pokemon (I resantly caught a shiny audino) what are my chances of hatching a shiny since 1 of the parent pokemon is a shiny? What I mean is out of how many eggs will I need to hatch before I get a shiny​

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom