• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

I know about the masuda method and I have pokemon from different countries I want to breed 1 of my shiny pokemon (I resantly caught a shiny audino) what are my chances of hatching a shiny since 1 of the parent pokemon is a shiny? What I mean is out of how many eggs will I need to hatch before I get a shiny​
Breeding a shiny Pokemon with a regular one does not raise your chances of hatching a shiny, it will still be the regular odds.

There isnt a certain mumber of eggs before you get a shiny.

Are the movesets in Super Mystery Dungeon the same as they are in the main Gen 6 games?
More or less. All 20 starters start with some specific egg moves in their set (e.g. Treecko has Dragonbreath), but the moves they learn by level-up basically follow Gen 6 standards.

Hey!
so there is no way knowing if i buy a used game in gamestop?

Online? I'm not sure as I've never made purchases with them online but in an actual store, pre-owned games should have a "Pre-Owned" sticker on them and possibly even have their own section or bin. I purchased a copy of Chicken Little and Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire for Playstation 2 with such a sticker but that was several years ago.

Breeding a shiny Pokemon with a regular one does not raise your chances of hatching a shiny, it will still be the regular odds.

There isnt a certain mumber of eggs before you get a shiny.
That doesn't match sence though i should have a better chance that getting 1

You dont, that isnt how it works unfortunately. The only way it would is if you bred the shiny with a Pokemon from another language game(which would be using Masuda Method), but the shiny itself doesnt raise the chances of hatching a shiny Pokemon.

I have a Japanese audino and a shiny American audino that I was going to breed but I don't think I will I don't want to hatch 1,000 eggs and not have 1

rules are for fair play... would it be fair if a rich country would buy the best players in the world and make them citizens only to win the world cup?

okay so playing white 2 and at the gym with the rollercoaster, but a girl at the gym said the leader wasn't there, so how do I find her to battle?

Hey guys, can somebody provide a list with the amount of Pokemon from Kanto, Johto and Hoenn in Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, OR and AS? I mean obtainable ingame by catching, breeding, in game trades, swarms, etc. Basically how many Pokemon can you obtain relying on that one game?

I want to compare how many Pokemon from Kanto, Johto and Hoenn each game has.

Last edited:
What's wrong with my Raichu?

She knew Sweet Kiss and Nasty Plot when she was a Pichu; I didn't evolve her into a Pikachu till level 16. I eventually overwrote them for offensive moves, which I now regret.

However when I took her to the move re-learner, neither appear under moves she can re-learn. Wtf!?

EDIT:

Never mind, just found the answer:

Move Reminders are restricted to teaching a Pokémon only moves that its species can learn; they cannot teach moves exclusive to an earlier evolution.

FFS, this is a ridiculous rule! She knew it at one point, so why can't she relearn it? Goddamn it. Like Raichu's movepool isn't slim enough, I've just made it worse without even realising ;__;

Last edited:
What's wrong with my Raichu?

She knew Sweet Kiss and Nasty Plot when she was a Pichu; I didn't evolve her into a Pikachu till level 16. I eventually overwrote them for offensive moves, which I now regret.

However when I took her to the move re-learner, neither appear under moves she can re-learn. Wtf!?

EDIT:

Never mind, just found the answer:

FFS, this is a ridiculous rule! She knew it at one point, so why can't she relearn it? Goddamn it. Like Raichu's movepool isn't slim enough, I've just made it worse without even realising ;__;
I know how you feel I hatched a munchlax a couple years ago and because of its move set witch I never taught it anything I didn't rase it rather I couldn't migrate it because it knew surf and whirlpool but then I traded it and I regret doing it. I named him Hydro because his dad was blastoise witch knew hydro pump and hydro Cannon

Gen VI move reminders can also re-teach any move an egg-raised Pokemon was actually born with, so if it's a move exclusive to the unevolved form you may be able to make it relearnable via breeding. E.g. Lucario and Force Palm -- all you need is to evolve a Riolu who knows it then shack it up with a Mienfoo.

What does it depend on Blue/Green's Eevee to evolve in Pokémon Yellow?

If you beat him in both the first battle (Oak's Lab) and the early optional battle on Route 22, Eevee evolves into Jolteon. If you beat him in the first battle and lose or don't battle him on Route 22, it evolves into Flareon. If you lose the first battle, it evolves into Vaporeon.

It's been a long time since I played through Kanto, I know you can do some of the gym leaders out of order, but which ones? Someone refresh my memory?

It's been a long time since I played through Kanto, I know you can do some of the gym leaders out of order, but which ones? Someone refresh my memory?
I know you have to do Brock and Misty in order (and possible Surge), iirc, it's all the rest except for Giovanni

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom