• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

I just remembered that in RSE the player character's room can be decorated with the same Pokedolls and cushions available for Secret Bases.

Was that feature removed from ORAS? If so, why? Or am I missing the way it's done?

Last edited:
I just remembered that in RSE the player character's room can be decorated with the same Pokedolls and cushions available for Secret Bases.

Was that feature removed from ORAS? If so, why? Or am I missing the way it's done?

Yes, it sadly was removed. It used to be that you could use the PC in your room for that, but as there's no PC anymore... Don't see why they would have had to remove it though....

Yes, it sadly was removed. It used to be that you could use the PC in your room for that, but as there's no PC anymore... Don't see why they would have had to remove it though....

It surprises me how they decide what features should be kept and what should be removed...

Personally, my Super Secret Base is a pseudo Gym, so it has to look challenging. Therefore, I never use Poke Dolls and cushions there. They don't fit my idea of a challenging gym.

So it would be nice if I could use them in the Player Character room... Why not, Game Freak?

On the bright side, the Poke Dolls and cushions in the room at least haven't been removed. They are just there from the beginning and can't be changed. Snorlax Doll + cushions for Brendan, Lapras Doll + cushions for May. Whereas in RSE you start without decorations and have to place them later yourself.

Last edited:
Speaking of Secret Bases, has it been worked out how your team is set? I remember people battling me when ORAS was first released and they were saying my Secret Base team had HM slaves and stuff on it which was kinda annoying because I had no idea how it was being decided.

thats weird, with such a good ability ? thats weird.

Next question:
Was something ever un-banned by Smogon?
Bug/Ghost is a horrible typing defensively: it's weak to Dark, Flying, Rock, Ghost, and Fire, all of which are fairly common in standard gameplay. not to mention it can still be indirectly damaged through poison, burns, weather, and entry hazards. and, the cherry on top, it's stats suck.

i don't think so. guess it depends on how you define unbanning something though.

Bug/Ghost is a horrible typing defensively: it's weak to Dark, Flying, Rock, Ghost, and Fire, all of which are fairly common in standard gameplay. not to mention it can still be indirectly damaged through poison, burns, weather, and entry hazards. and, the cherry on top, it's stats suck.

i don't think so. guess it depends on how you define unbanning something though.

what then would you say to dragon/ghost and other typings that have also similar problems?

They ban things to quickly like example: mega Kangaskhan and Aegislash (that is a natural best counter till now to it).

I was looking through the Multi Battle partners for the previous games, and in both BW and BW2 they use Pokemon from the Battle Subway selection poll. In XY you get 3 default partners, but also the ones from your friend list and those use Pokemon from the Battle Maison.

For ORAS though, you have only four different trainers, with 2 fix Pokemon for each one of them. Why did they decide to restrict the multi battle partners this time around?

On the one side, your ORAS partners have Megas, which is cool, but why didn't they give more options?

Last edited:
Would I be correct in assuming that, should you defeat Primal Groudon/Kyogre in OR/AS, that another Primal will appear after you beat the Eleite Four/Champion? I'm just wondering because I intend to obtain a good one for VGC 2016, so it would be helpful to know if you can wait until you have access to the Battle Resort or you just have to chance it.

Last edited:
When you first reach the Battle Resort in ORAS, you meet the opposite version Villain Team Boss, and both of his admins (Maxie, Courtney and Tabitha in AS, and viceversa).

So, using my Alpha Sapphire as an example, Maxie says he will stay at the Resort and wants to challenge the player and Wally. But you never see him again. Anywhere at the Resort or elsewhere. Am I missing something? Does he appear at the Battle Maison if you reach a certain streak?

Or if not, why did they add this dialogue at all? Or is it some kind of a nod to the opposite version, where you do battle him?

Last edited:
You've basically answered yourself.
You are right, that's probably what he means.

But in the same conversation he specifically says he might battle the player and Wally at the Resort. Ok, it's a "might" I guess, not a confirmation, but still, why suggest it?

Last edited:
Will the Virtual Console Mew event be available outside of Japan?

Speaking of Secret Bases, has it been worked out how your team is set? I remember people battling me when ORAS was first released and they were saying my Secret Base team had HM slaves and stuff on it which was kinda annoying because I had no idea how it was being decided.
Isnt it just the 1st three party members on your team are the ones selected?

Isnt it just the 1st three party members on your team are the ones selected?

No idea. I had people telling me my Secret Base team was full of HM slaves at one point and I don't know how that happened.

After the Mauville Game Corner was closed in ORAS, I was wondering what happened with the theme music?

Is the Mauville Game Corner theme available in game, or was it just not included in the game?

Ok, it's a "might" I guess, not a confirmation, but still, why suggest it?
There a lot of npcs in past games(ex. Skyla in bw suggesting to go to knato or sinnoh) that say stuff like these. It's noting new, really.
Is the Mauville Game Corner theme available in game, or was it just not included in the game?
It's gone.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom