• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

I'm not sure what you mean by this. Are you referring to trainers that rotate? I'm fairly sure that's been a thing since Generation I, but if you're referring to trainers looking at you as you pass by them, that's just what the technology allows in Gen VI I guess.

Given they're pretty much straight ports of the original games, I'd expect nothing else, but I don't have them to test it myself. GameXplain probably has a couple of videos on it.
and these are technically gen 6 since they're on the 3DS
> Generation V

Given they're pretty much straight ports of the original games, I'd expect nothing else, but I don't have them to test it myself. GameXplain probably has a couple of videos on it.

> Generation V

Thank you. Yes, I did a LOT of Googling and found the answer over on Neogaf. Apparently every single glorious glitch has been left intact!

Also yeah, I know the VC releases aren't *actually* gen 6, but other people have been starting topics for them in the gen 6 forum so *shrugs*

Thank you. Yes, I did a LOT of Googling and found the answer over on Neogaf. Apparently every single glorious glitch has been left intact!
...but it remains to be seen whether a caught Mew will be allowed into Pokemon Bank.

I take it that Bank will run the same hackmon check that it does with Poké Transporter and Pokémon Bank already with the Gen I-VII transfer, so it won't allow us to pull Pokémon that are obviously incorrect like a Mew glitch Mew. This should get interesting when it tries to recognise a Missingno...

Hey I am in the current process of constructing a new team of mine. My favorite Pokémon is kabutops. I want him to be on my new team. Is there anyway to get a kabuto with the Weak Armor HA in oras?? thankyou for you help :D

Is there any way to replace a Pokéwalker, without buying HG or SS?

Well, if you were to reset the data on the Pokewalker when you make a new file for your existing copy of HG or SS, you'll need to go to the Pokewalker menu. Then, you'll have to press and hold Down, X and L. When you confrim, the Pokewalker will reset all steps and Watts from the previous link but will keep the previous unlocked routes from the previous link. Not only that, you can be able to link the Pokewalker to the new file.

This can be used with all second hand Pokewalkers. However, if your Pokewalker battery is not working, you might need to replace it with another 3V CR2032 battery. A Phillips head screwdriver is needed to open the hatch to replace said battery. This is much better than buying second hand Pokewalkers on eBay, which is harder to do anyway.

If you DON'T own a Pokewalker, but if you need one anyways, then Amazon or eBay is your best bet. I think they sell them for at least 15 bucks. Most of them will be second hand, and if its brand new, its likely it will either be expensive and/or will be included with a brand new copy of HG or SS.

Hope this helps!

When trading, does it have to be an Egg for an Egg or can you trade an Egg for a 'mon? (never traded eggs before)

I take it that Bank will run the same hackmon check that it does with Poké Transporter and Pokémon Bank already with the Gen I-VII transfer, so it won't allow us to pull Pokémon that are obviously incorrect like a Mew glitch Mew. This should get interesting when it tries to recognise a Missingno...
I actually doubt there will be any issue with Mew. The pokemon is legitimate by the game files and has your trainer ID. Missingno, on the other hand, is literally nothing and will likely not be read. If it is, expect major corruption of your bank to follow.

I actually doubt there will be any issue with Mew. The pokemon is legitimate by the game files and has your trainer ID.
I think you've missed the multiple mentions of there being possible filters for Pokémon to prevent Mews without the right ID, because the proper event one you're supposed to have from Japan is traded to you. They'll most likely run through the same filter as regular event Pokémon from Gen V to VI, where it'll only recognise the ones with Trainer IDs of events in the past (like the SMR2010 Jirachi). Mew's the only Pokémon it applies to, obviously, but there's supposed to be no way to legit get a Generation I VC Mew without that event.

I think you've missed the multiple mentions of there being possible filters for Pokémon to prevent Mews without the right ID, because the proper event one you're supposed to have from Japan is traded to you. They'll most likely run through the same filter as regular event Pokémon from Gen V to VI, where it'll only recognise the ones with Trainer IDs of events in the past (like the SMR2010 Jirachi). Mew's the only Pokémon it applies to, obviously, but there's supposed to be no way to legit get a Generation I VC Mew without that event.
Possible, but I really am not relying on the Bank's hack check after it allowed my Darkrai and Shiny Umbreon through

I might have to ask about weird Pokémon Bank stories at some point. They sound amusing, if nothing else.

Maybe more will come once SM transfer is possible...

This is something in pokemon soulsilver just to recap/remind

So at the whirl islands' cave where Lugia is, at the top there's a bald man and nearby is a ladder and two items, but they are out of reach. Can anyone explain how to get to them? maybe you know a video that I can follow

So, I was wondering, is there a topic regarding finishing the Pokédex with a lot of trading? Like, is there a topic for people who want to fill the Pokédex and are willing to trade Pokémon for it? I'm not quite sure this is the right topic to ask, but hey I'm a newbie and I'm not sure yet what's going on on Bulbagarden, thanks anyways

@DonN, check out the Global Trade Station. It's a subforum of the Pokémon Video Games section here in Bulbagarden Forums, and I've linked it for you! Get in there and send in your requests!
Edit: Also, there's yet another subforum inside that, and that's Offers & Shops. Do take a look around and read the pinned threads so you can get a grip on navigation!

@DonN, check out the Global Trade Station. It's a subforum of the Pokémon Video Games section here in Bulbagarden Forums, and I've linked it for you! Get in there and send in your requests!
Edit: Also, there's yet another subforum inside that, and that's Offers & Shops. Do take a look around and read the pinned threads so you can get a grip on navigation!

Thank you! <3

So I decided to check the Gen I learnsets of both Exeggcute and Exeggutor online in order to get a better idea of which level to evolve mine. I noticed that Exeggcute learns Leech Seed at Lv. 28, the very same level that Exeggutor learns Stomp. Both moves would be excellent additions for TAMA to have in its moveset, and if it could have both it'd be even better.

My question is this: if I wait until TAMA reaches Lv. 28, have it learn Leech Seed, and then immediately evolve it into Exeggutor with a Leaf Stone, would it then have the opportunity to learn Stomp upon evolving, or would that strategy not work due to Blue Version being a Gen I Pokémon game, meaning I'd have to choose one or the other? I hope you can help me with my query! :LOL:

I couldn't find a Shuffle discussion thread or where to ask questions on Shuffle, but here's my question:

Any tips on how to beat the Steelix stage? I'm stumped for, like, weeks, and I really want to get through this stage. I know that if you bring Onix, the stage will spawn Pupitars.

I don't have the Lucarionite, and I don't think I'll be able to get Charizardite Y, so I'll have to do with other Mega Pokemon. Any recommendations?

Also, please keep in mind that I don't have a lot of event pokemon, so recommending Reshiram is going to be pointless.

I couldn't find a Shuffle discussion thread or where to ask questions on Shuffle, but here's my question:

Any tips on how to beat the Steelix stage? I'm stumped for, like, weeks, and I really want to get through this stage. I know that if you bring Onix, the stage will spawn Pupitars.

I don't have the Lucarionite, and I don't think I'll be able to get Charizardite Y, so I'll have to do with other Mega Pokemon. Any recommendations?

Also, please keep in mind that I don't have a lot of event pokemon, so recommending Reshiram is going to be pointless.

It's been a while but I do remember using Mega Aerodactyl against it.

So I decided to check the Gen I learnsets of both Exeggcute and Exeggutor online in order to get a better idea of which level to evolve mine. I noticed that Exeggcute learns Leech Seed at Lv. 28, the very same level that Exeggutor learns Stomp. Both moves would be excellent additions for TAMA to have in its moveset, and if it could have both it'd be even better.

My question is this: if I wait until TAMA reaches Lv. 28, have it learn Leech Seed, and then immediately evolve it into Exeggutor with a Leaf Stone, would it then have the opportunity to learn Stomp upon evolving, or would that strategy not work due to Blue Version being a Gen I Pokémon game, meaning I'd have to choose one or the other? I hope you can help me with my query! :LOL:
Honestly, I don't know the answer to the question, but I do know how you can figure it out without issue. It will require some save scumming though if it fails.

What level is your exeggcute now? Get it 27. Save your game. Then, level your exeggcute up to 28. Once it learns leech seed, evolve it with a leaf stone. If you have a spare rare candy this is very easy.

Now, if your new exeggutor learns Stomp, there we go. Problem solved.

If it doesn't, reload your game to before you saved (unless you don't actually care that much for stomp).

Personally, from everything I've seen leech and seed and toxic go very well together. Both would be solid choices on an Exeggutor, I think. Stomp for me would be the lesser move since I'd want to likely on focus on special attacks due to the grass/psychic typing.

That's my advice on the matter. I THINK that Exeggutor will still try to learn stomp one you evolve it, but I am not certain.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom