• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Hey guys, I have a question in regards to trading between VC Red/Blue/Yellow.

I would really like to be able to trade between my save files in my VC Red/Blue/Yellow copies. But currently, I only have one 3DS (I will probably get a 2DS next month, though). Whether I get another system or not, I would also like to have all my VC Gen I files in one system. I was wondering if there is a way to trade between my own VC files. From what I know, I cannot transfer one VC file to another system without transferring everything else (thus making the process pointless if I am doing it to enable trading between my own files). Is there any known method to enable trading between one's own VC files? And just fyi, I currently only have Red version downloaded so I can follow up with others' suggestions on what I should do with Blue and Yellow without having to purchase multiple copies of the same game.

And one more question: should I count on the possibility of a Mew event for Gen I VC in North America? I held off on exploiting the Mew glitch since it will likely be rejected by Pokemon Bank...

in soulsilver is the double battle any more rewarding or do i still get 3 battle points like i do after finishing the single battle challenge?? its sure harder, the double i mean

Hwy guys, a question about Black 2's Challenge mode. I have heard that it increases not only the levels of the opponent, bit also the AI of some of them. Does this go for normal overworld NPCs, or does it increase the AI of the PWT participants, Subway, etc?

I don't think the Subway and PWT are affected. Seeming as their levels are locked, I assume their AI is as well - because they're already the toughest trainers in the region.

I just got a 3ds. Is it possible for me to put a gen 4/5 game in the 3ds and another of the same gen in my ds lite and battle/trade? If yes, how?

I just got a 3ds. Is it possible for me to put a gen 4/5 game in the 3ds and another of the same gen in my ds lite and battle/trade? If yes, how?
It's possible but only via local wireless/infrared since Wifi is no longer avalaible.
I don't remember well if it was the same for DPPt but you should go to the Pokémon Center upstairs and enter the Union room in both games, you'll find your other self there when ds are connected and you'll be able to trade/battle. But I'll edit this later when I can check properly with my games.

It's possible but only via local wireless/infrared since Wifi is no longer avalaible.
I don't remember well if it was the same for DPPt but you should go to the Pokémon Center upstairs and enter the Union room in both games, you'll find your other self there when ds are connected and you'll be able to trade/battle. But I'll edit this later when I can check properly with my games.

I can confirm this works. You turn on wireless on both 3DS/DS and then go into the Union Room upstairs in the Pokémon Center. You'll find a person in the Union Room (which is you on the other DS), talk to them and you can trade/battle.

I've done this a lot when completing the Pokédex last year.

This is a bit technical, but I am just curious.

You know how in ORAS, when Kyogre is gaining power in Origin Cave, the surrounding areas are under heavy rain condition? This includes many water routes, Sootopolis, Lilycove, Mossdeep, and maybe a few others.

Well, I heard that, if you go on top of the Lilycove Department Store roof, the weather condition disappears. It's sunny as usual, and you can even see the sky is light blue, and you can't see rain anywhere. Can somebody confirm if it's true?

If so, should we assume that it's a game error, as in, GF forgot to program the heavy rain on top of the department store? Or does it mean the Department Store is so high in the sky that the rainy clouds are under the rooftop, which is why we see no rain? xDDD

Just curious...

That's neither a simple question nor a simple answer, lol.

I dunno about that. Maybe I could check when I play my copy of AS (if I could stop playing Rumble World so much). I'd assume the same is possible in OR with Desolate Land conditions...

That's neither a simple question nor a simple answer, lol.

I dunno about that. Maybe I could check when I play my copy of AS (if I could stop playing Rumble World so much). I'd assume the same is possible in OR with Desolate Land conditions...
Yeah it's a bit gimmicky, sorry. xD

Oh yes, I suppose the Harsh Sunlight condition in OR would be the same, but idk.

When I bred, trained and evolved my Staryu into a Starmie while knowing Cosmic power. I replaced Casomic power with another move for the Kanto Classic. Now the the Kanto classic id over, my Starmie can't remember cosmic power anymore for some reason. What happened? I thought that it'll remember cosmic power when it forgets it after evolving from a Staryu.

I don't think it'll remember it if it's a move it can learn normally in other evolutions...? I can't really tell.

When I bred, trained and evolved my Staryu into a Starmie while knowing Cosmic power. I replaced Casomic power with another move for the Kanto Classic. Now the the Kanto classic id over, my Starmie can't remember cosmic power anymore for some reason. What happened? I thought that it'll remember cosmic power when it forgets it after evolving from a Staryu.
Was the Staryu born knowing Cosmic Power and in Gen 6?

Staryu can't get egg moves since it's genderless.
Oh, right. THAT explains it then, because the Move Reminder can teach level-up moves associated with the Pokemon's current form or anything it was actually born knowing, but....

Also, keep in mind that many stone-evolved Pokemon (like Starmie) DO NOT learn any more moves as they level up, thus the Move Reminder can't be used to re-learn them.

In Starmie's case, the only moves the Reminder lady can teach it are: Hydro Pump, Water Gun, Rapid Spin, Recover, Swift, and Confuse Ray.

Oh, right. THAT explains it then, because the Move Reminder can teach level-up moves associated with the Pokemon's current form or anything it was actually born knowing, but....

Also, keep in mind that many stone-evolved Pokemon (like Starmie) DO NOT learn any more moves as they level up, thus the Move Reminder can't be used to re-learn them.

In Starmie's case, the only moves the Reminder lady can teach it are: Hydro Pump, Water Gun, Rapid Spin, Recover, Swift, and Confuse Ray.
Looks like that I'll have to rebreed it then. Too lazy to do that since I'll have to rebreed it anyways when Pokemon Sun and Moon comes out.

How am I suppose to take that item?

E5QNOaw.jpg

dfdsf.png

You need HM Rock Climb and then you can get there from inside Mt. Mortar.

Also please put large images in a spoiler tag.

how come when my pokemon uses a move, it sometimes uses 2 of its pp at once? it does happen and i keep noticing too!

Hello everyone! First of all my English is very bad, so I hope you understand me. xD I am active in german Pokémon forums because I'm german (wow) but for my researches I always use bulbapedia or serebii because these two are the most reliable pages in information about Pokémon imo. So my question is about the honey trees in DPPt. I want to softreset there for Shiny Cherubi and Burmy. I first started in HGSS to look for them at their special trees but the 65% Exeggcute rate there is too much risk for me, so I wanted to switch over to my Pearl and Platinum Edition where I have to softreset but at least this brings me the 100% chance. My question now is: Is there any way to make the honey trees shaking "forever"? I will start in ~3 hours with resetting because there is no way to outsmart the game with the honey tree waiting time but I don't want to reset a few times until I have to daub the trees again and wait again, this would be a high effort for these two Shinys I really want. I read that you can save in front of the shaking tree, put the game in an other system, save there, put it back in the originally one and then you can reset "forever" but idk if that is right and it is difficult to test it out with the honey trees because you have to wait again after doing it.
I really hope that someone softresetted a honey tree Shiny here or that someone can help me, thx. :)

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom